SOUTHERN Counties South new boys Corsham maintained their magnificent start to the campaign with a third successive triumph, this time a 22-17 success at North Dorset.

The Lacock Road side, last season’s Dorset & Wilts One North champions, secured another try bonus point as John Murzyn, Hamish Milner, Alex Twigg and Ben Russell all touched down, Matt Draper landing one conversion as the visitors took a 22-10 lead in the second period before a late Dorset revival.

Corsham head coach Tim Draper said: “It was a really good game with both teams looking to play attacking rugby.

“There was very little between the teams and the main difference was that we took our chances to score.

“To go down to North Dorset and get a win was a great result for us.

“We had to make a number of changes in the forwards for the game.

“Ollie McNerlin and Sam Fuller, who were both in the colts last season, made their league debuts for the first team and put in impressive performances.

“Its fantastic for the club to see some more talented young players coming into the first team from our junior ranks.’’ Devizes slipped to their first defeat of the season as they were upset 15-8 at London Road by visitors Swindon College Old Boys.

The Saddlebacks saw their 100 per cent start to the league campaign ended as College took command in the opening half.

College skipper Gareth Davis broke through the middle of the defence to go under near the posts and get the away side off to a perfect start before Rich Smith bundled over from close range to make it 12-0 with barely 10 minutes played.

Devizes rallied and spent the majority of the half in possession of the ball but were met with some outstanding defence and only had a Matty Holloran penalty to show for their efforts at the break.

Matt Strong and Holloran combined in the second period to set up Luke Rapson for the first home try, but Holloran was unable to land the conversion in tricky conditions and College wrapped up the four points with a penalty from in front of the posts.

Marlborough returned to winning ways with in 51-28 success over Yeovil.

The game started well for the visitors with an early converted try.

Marlborough responded as Viliami Lotoahea went in for a try in the corner after 10 minutes and strong running by Inosi Laqekoro and Tevita Kiurutuba gave both of them tries.

A fine performance by the two half-backs, Amori Nailago and Jake Williams, was always giving the side forward momentum.

Marlborough went in at the break with a 29-7 lead thanks to converted scores from Williams and Garth Bari.

Yeovil made a real fight of the second half and some defensive mistakes plus an intercept try meant Yeovil scored 21 points.

Captain Jamie Pittams, returning from an injury lay off, scored from a ruck and Williams also scored with a another good break at a ruck.

Lotoahea bagged his second of the game with a good finish to dive in the corner before Will Grant added a try with the final play of the match.

There were good performances from Jack Lynd and Sam Gouldbourn again.