SWINDON TOWN 1 LEEDS UNITED 2: Town look pretty but must keep the ball

Massimo Luongo

Massimo Luongo

First published in Sport
Last updated
The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald: Photograph of the Author by , Deputy sports editor

SWINDON Town once again showed their intention to play a passing style of football this season but they must learn not to give the ball away in key areas.

It was that trend in the second half in the friendly contest with Championship side Leeds United that proved costly as the visitors went home with a 2-1 victory.

Town went into the game against Leeds with a boost that they could just be about to add to their squad.

The club were given permission to play Southampton youngster Jordan Turnbull in the heart of their defence with the two sides looking to strike a deal for a longer temporary switch to the County Ground.

The opening 45 minutes was a typical pre-season match, neither side looking to go out all guns blazing in front of nearly 4,000 fans.

Mark Cooper would have been pleased with the way that his side passed the ball around, while youngsters Josh Lelan and Turnbull were on the whole comfortable with the ball at their feet, but what would have concerned the Town boss was that at times his side gave the ball away too easily.

As the game got underway it was clear that both teams were intent on keeping possession, playing patiently and working the way into finding an opening.

And it was Dave Hockaday’s Championship side that worked the first opening in the 13th minute when Michael Tonge broke free in the Town box and forced Wes Foderingham into action.

Then two minutes later Leeds were in front. Souleymane Doukara had spun away from his marker and slid the ball across the Town six yard box for Wales international Steve Morison to tuck home.

Neither side had really looked threatening up until that point and while it gave the half a bit more intent, the final 15 minutes of the period went back to just being nice.

However, before then, Town had managed to draw level after giving their visitors a couple of warnings.

The hosts went close on 27 minutes when a long ball from Massimo Luongo saw captain Nathan Thompson make a darting run into the Leeds box but his effort just went wide of Stuart Taylor’s post.

Swindon levelled matters four minutes later through Michael Smith after Yaser Kasim’s corner was flicked on by Raphael Branco and was half cleared to the Town striker to bury.

Leeds went 2-1 up early in the second-half when Nathan Thompson attempted to switch play but his cross-field ball was cut out and Rudy Austin took control.

The visiting midfielder played in Doukara but Foderingham took him out leaving referee Simon Hooper no choice but to point to the spot which Austin duly converted.

Town struggled to maintain their flow in the second half, giving the ball away too easily and spent periods chasing the game and Leeds shadows.

As the match petered out into the usual pre-season fare that is served up at this time of year, Town fans on the whole will be happy with the opening 45 minutes, the second on the other hand still needs some work before the campaign gets underway on August 9 against Scunthorpe United.

Comments (23)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:51pm Tue 29 Jul 14

Di kanny oh says...

Got my season tickets today and hoping for a season of promise and young players with plenty of energy and it will be a season of wait and see. Not worth making predictions at this stage as so much can change but sounds like Lee Power is confident the additions will come in rather soon. Its all about fitness and hit the ground running now. Good run out this evening and results meaningless to be honest and its the 9th of August that means anything.
Got my season tickets today and hoping for a season of promise and young players with plenty of energy and it will be a season of wait and see. Not worth making predictions at this stage as so much can change but sounds like Lee Power is confident the additions will come in rather soon. Its all about fitness and hit the ground running now. Good run out this evening and results meaningless to be honest and its the 9th of August that means anything. Di kanny oh
  • Score: 22

10:07pm Tue 29 Jul 14

The Jockster says...

Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then?
Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then? The Jockster
  • Score: -57

10:19pm Tue 29 Jul 14

RogerJ1969 says...

The Jockster wrote:
Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then?
Idiotic as usual, s?d off to the Kassam, you are so tiresome
[quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then?[/p][/quote]Idiotic as usual, s?d off to the Kassam, you are so tiresome RogerJ1969
  • Score: 18

10:21pm Tue 29 Jul 14

Di kanny oh says...

Power saying that its Turnbull, Stephens, Brad Smith and a striker coming in hopefully although Cooper stated they are looking over two strikers to get at least one from. Chalkie White said on BBC Radio we look almost complete and the extra players will make a difference but he very much rates Branco so far as the player who stands out.
Power saying that its Turnbull, Stephens, Brad Smith and a striker coming in hopefully although Cooper stated they are looking over two strikers to get at least one from. Chalkie White said on BBC Radio we look almost complete and the extra players will make a difference but he very much rates Branco so far as the player who stands out. Di kanny oh
  • Score: 9

10:33pm Tue 29 Jul 14

Oi Den! says...

RogerJ1969 wrote:
The Jockster wrote:
Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then?
Idiotic as usual, s?d off to the Kassam, you are so tiresome
Is there anything more tiresome than Town fans suggesting other Town fans are Oxford fans?

On a more serious note, I've got a lot of time for Mark Cooper but I think he needs to realise that the local media are on the same side as him. The poor bloke from BBC Wilts must wonder what he has to do to get a friendly response. His questions were perfectly reasonable tonight and Cooper seemed to be on the defensive the whole time. Lighten up a bit Mark. You might get a bit of stick but most people are behind you.
[quote][p][bold]RogerJ1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then?[/p][/quote]Idiotic as usual, s?d off to the Kassam, you are so tiresome[/p][/quote]Is there anything more tiresome than Town fans suggesting other Town fans are Oxford fans? On a more serious note, I've got a lot of time for Mark Cooper but I think he needs to realise that the local media are on the same side as him. The poor bloke from BBC Wilts must wonder what he has to do to get a friendly response. His questions were perfectly reasonable tonight and Cooper seemed to be on the defensive the whole time. Lighten up a bit Mark. You might get a bit of stick but most people are behind you. Oi Den!
  • Score: 6

10:34pm Tue 29 Jul 14

The Nomis says...

Hope we do get a couple of strikers in too. Can't see any of our current hot shot prolific strikers getting us back into the game once we go 1-0 down. Week and a half to go....tick tock tick tock
Hope we do get a couple of strikers in too. Can't see any of our current hot shot prolific strikers getting us back into the game once we go 1-0 down. Week and a half to go....tick tock tick tock The Nomis
  • Score: -5

10:41pm Tue 29 Jul 14

nosyrudeman says...

As I was leaving supportes club at 19.40 Tim Sherwood walked passed me and we had eye contact and he must have known I recognised him, because he smiled at me with a knowing wink.
As I was leaving supportes club at 19.40 Tim Sherwood walked passed me and we had eye contact and he must have known I recognised him, because he smiled at me with a knowing wink. nosyrudeman
  • Score: 7

10:47pm Tue 29 Jul 14

Oxon-Red says...

Oi Den! wrote:
RogerJ1969 wrote:
The Jockster wrote:
Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then?
Idiotic as usual, s?d off to the Kassam, you are so tiresome
Is there anything more tiresome than Town fans suggesting other Town fans are Oxford fans?

On a more serious note, I've got a lot of time for Mark Cooper but I think he needs to realise that the local media are on the same side as him. The poor bloke from BBC Wilts must wonder what he has to do to get a friendly response. His questions were perfectly reasonable tonight and Cooper seemed to be on the defensive the whole time. Lighten up a bit Mark. You might get a bit of stick but most people are behind you.
Didn't hear the interview Den but perhaps he reads this board. Six comments, one talking about a women and another counting time !

COYMR
[quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RogerJ1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then?[/p][/quote]Idiotic as usual, s?d off to the Kassam, you are so tiresome[/p][/quote]Is there anything more tiresome than Town fans suggesting other Town fans are Oxford fans? On a more serious note, I've got a lot of time for Mark Cooper but I think he needs to realise that the local media are on the same side as him. The poor bloke from BBC Wilts must wonder what he has to do to get a friendly response. His questions were perfectly reasonable tonight and Cooper seemed to be on the defensive the whole time. Lighten up a bit Mark. You might get a bit of stick but most people are behind you.[/p][/quote]Didn't hear the interview Den but perhaps he reads this board. Six comments, one talking about a women and another counting time ! COYMR Oxon-Red
  • Score: 0

11:12pm Tue 29 Jul 14

Lazaat says...

It would be appreciated by those of us who couldnt attend tonight if the team selection was also shown??? Am i being old fashioned by wanting to know who played for Swindon this evening? Lazy reporting :(
It would be appreciated by those of us who couldnt attend tonight if the team selection was also shown??? Am i being old fashioned by wanting to know who played for Swindon this evening? Lazy reporting :( Lazaat
  • Score: 9

11:16pm Tue 29 Jul 14

Di kanny oh says...

Lazaat wrote:
It would be appreciated by those of us who couldnt attend tonight if the team selection was also shown??? Am i being old fashioned by wanting to know who played for Swindon this evening? Lazy reporting :(
Foderingham, back three of Lelan, Branco and Turnbull, Byrne and N.Thompson wing backs Kasim, Luongo and Thompson in the midfield and Smith and Williams up front was the starting 11.
[quote][p][bold]Lazaat[/bold] wrote: It would be appreciated by those of us who couldnt attend tonight if the team selection was also shown??? Am i being old fashioned by wanting to know who played for Swindon this evening? Lazy reporting :([/p][/quote]Foderingham, back three of Lelan, Branco and Turnbull, Byrne and N.Thompson wing backs Kasim, Luongo and Thompson in the midfield and Smith and Williams up front was the starting 11. Di kanny oh
  • Score: 13

11:21pm Tue 29 Jul 14

The Jockster says...

nosyrudeman wrote:
As I was leaving supportes club at 19.40 Tim Sherwood walked passed me and we had eye contact and he must have known I recognised him, because he smiled at me with a knowing wink.
Maybe he fancied you?
[quote][p][bold]nosyrudeman[/bold] wrote: As I was leaving supportes club at 19.40 Tim Sherwood walked passed me and we had eye contact and he must have known I recognised him, because he smiled at me with a knowing wink.[/p][/quote]Maybe he fancied you? The Jockster
  • Score: -3

11:31pm Tue 29 Jul 14

The Jockster says...

RogerJ1969 wrote:
The Jockster wrote:
Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then?
Idiotic as usual, s?d off to the Kassam, you are so tiresome
Come on minus muppets we're only up to 20!
Ah Roger the lodger seems thou art miffed - lighten up old bean. Surely a man of your intelligence can spot a wind up when you see one - ah wait a minute you didn't it seems. Anyway see if you can spot this one - Wilma to score 20 league goals and Town to get promoted as champions - Roger and out or is it out and Roger, Roger? Or is it Bruce, Roger? I suspect that one will be far too subtle for you!
[quote][p][bold]RogerJ1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then?[/p][/quote]Idiotic as usual, s?d off to the Kassam, you are so tiresome[/p][/quote]Come on minus muppets we're only up to 20! Ah Roger the lodger seems thou art miffed - lighten up old bean. Surely a man of your intelligence can spot a wind up when you see one - ah wait a minute you didn't it seems. Anyway see if you can spot this one - Wilma to score 20 league goals and Town to get promoted as champions - Roger and out or is it out and Roger, Roger? Or is it Bruce, Roger? I suspect that one will be far too subtle for you! The Jockster
  • Score: -16

11:51pm Tue 29 Jul 14

Oxon-Red says...

The Jockster wrote:
RogerJ1969 wrote:
The Jockster wrote:
Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then?
Idiotic as usual, s?d off to the Kassam, you are so tiresome
Come on minus muppets we're only up to 20!
Ah Roger the lodger seems thou art miffed - lighten up old bean. Surely a man of your intelligence can spot a wind up when you see one - ah wait a minute you didn't it seems. Anyway see if you can spot this one - Wilma to score 20 league goals and Town to get promoted as champions - Roger and out or is it out and Roger, Roger? Or is it Bruce, Roger? I suspect that one will be far too subtle for you!
No minus from me. Williams to score 22 goals and Louise to be "Player of the Season"

COYMR
[quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RogerJ1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then?[/p][/quote]Idiotic as usual, s?d off to the Kassam, you are so tiresome[/p][/quote]Come on minus muppets we're only up to 20! Ah Roger the lodger seems thou art miffed - lighten up old bean. Surely a man of your intelligence can spot a wind up when you see one - ah wait a minute you didn't it seems. Anyway see if you can spot this one - Wilma to score 20 league goals and Town to get promoted as champions - Roger and out or is it out and Roger, Roger? Or is it Bruce, Roger? I suspect that one will be far too subtle for you![/p][/quote]No minus from me. Williams to score 22 goals and Louise to be "Player of the Season" COYMR Oxon-Red
  • Score: -2

6:16am Wed 30 Jul 14

Lazaat says...

Di kanny oh wrote:
Lazaat wrote:
It would be appreciated by those of us who couldnt attend tonight if the team selection was also shown??? Am i being old fashioned by wanting to know who played for Swindon this evening? Lazy reporting :(
Foderingham, back three of Lelan, Branco and Turnbull, Byrne and N.Thompson wing backs Kasim, Luongo and Thompson in the midfield and Smith and Williams up front was the starting 11.
Thanks Di Kanny oh 👍
[quote][p][bold]Di kanny oh[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lazaat[/bold] wrote: It would be appreciated by those of us who couldnt attend tonight if the team selection was also shown??? Am i being old fashioned by wanting to know who played for Swindon this evening? Lazy reporting :([/p][/quote]Foderingham, back three of Lelan, Branco and Turnbull, Byrne and N.Thompson wing backs Kasim, Luongo and Thompson in the midfield and Smith and Williams up front was the starting 11.[/p][/quote]Thanks Di Kanny oh 👍 Lazaat
  • Score: 0

6:53am Wed 30 Jul 14

Chish and Fips says...

The Jockster wrote:
RogerJ1969 wrote:
The Jockster wrote:
Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then?
Idiotic as usual, s?d off to the Kassam, you are so tiresome
Come on minus muppets we're only up to 20!
Ah Roger the lodger seems thou art miffed - lighten up old bean. Surely a man of your intelligence can spot a wind up when you see one - ah wait a minute you didn't it seems. Anyway see if you can spot this one - Wilma to score 20 league goals and Town to get promoted as champions - Roger and out or is it out and Roger, Roger? Or is it Bruce, Roger? I suspect that one will be far too subtle for you!
Morning Jock, your scintillating wit seems to be at all time low at the moment . Give things a chance about Wilma may end up better than we think...
[quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RogerJ1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then?[/p][/quote]Idiotic as usual, s?d off to the Kassam, you are so tiresome[/p][/quote]Come on minus muppets we're only up to 20! Ah Roger the lodger seems thou art miffed - lighten up old bean. Surely a man of your intelligence can spot a wind up when you see one - ah wait a minute you didn't it seems. Anyway see if you can spot this one - Wilma to score 20 league goals and Town to get promoted as champions - Roger and out or is it out and Roger, Roger? Or is it Bruce, Roger? I suspect that one will be far too subtle for you![/p][/quote]Morning Jock, your scintillating wit seems to be at all time low at the moment . Give things a chance about Wilma may end up better than we think... Chish and Fips
  • Score: 2

6:56am Wed 30 Jul 14

Chish and Fips says...

The Nomis wrote:
Hope we do get a couple of strikers in too. Can't see any of our current hot shot prolific strikers getting us back into the game once we go 1-0 down. Week and a half to go....tick tock tick tock
We are still watching that space you told us to about N Thompson's move to Posh - any update from you ?? hmm !! thought so...
[quote][p][bold]The Nomis[/bold] wrote: Hope we do get a couple of strikers in too. Can't see any of our current hot shot prolific strikers getting us back into the game once we go 1-0 down. Week and a half to go....tick tock tick tock[/p][/quote]We are still watching that space you told us to about N Thompson's move to Posh - any update from you ?? hmm !! thought so... Chish and Fips
  • Score: 1

9:28am Wed 30 Jul 14

Psychedelic Syd says...

Much better performance than Bromley but defence still a bit worrying and Williams and Smith don't seem to have much of a partnership. Our style of play doesn't really suit Williams, he is at his best turning and running from around the half way line. Both strikers could do with having a couple of pints of testosterone injected an hour before each game, they have no fight and get pushed around. Kasim has disappointed me in the last 2 matches, he looks slow and out of sorts. Louis T, Gladwin and Luongo would be my choice for the midfield. Luongo was terrific last night, irrepressible. Rodgers failed to impress me again, huff and puff but little final product - a lightweight. Kid from Southampton looked very promising, it would be great to get him and Stephens. Feel a bit more optimistic after last night but still a long way from the finished article.
Much better performance than Bromley but defence still a bit worrying and Williams and Smith don't seem to have much of a partnership. Our style of play doesn't really suit Williams, he is at his best turning and running from around the half way line. Both strikers could do with having a couple of pints of testosterone injected an hour before each game, they have no fight and get pushed around. Kasim has disappointed me in the last 2 matches, he looks slow and out of sorts. Louis T, Gladwin and Luongo would be my choice for the midfield. Luongo was terrific last night, irrepressible. Rodgers failed to impress me again, huff and puff but little final product - a lightweight. Kid from Southampton looked very promising, it would be great to get him and Stephens. Feel a bit more optimistic after last night but still a long way from the finished article. Psychedelic Syd
  • Score: 4

1:45pm Wed 30 Jul 14

RamsburyRed says...

Oi Den! wrote:
RogerJ1969 wrote:
The Jockster wrote:
Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then?
Idiotic as usual, s?d off to the Kassam, you are so tiresome
Is there anything more tiresome than Town fans suggesting other Town fans are Oxford fans?

On a more serious note, I've got a lot of time for Mark Cooper but I think he needs to realise that the local media are on the same side as him. The poor bloke from BBC Wilts must wonder what he has to do to get a friendly response. His questions were perfectly reasonable tonight and Cooper seemed to be on the defensive the whole time. Lighten up a bit Mark. You might get a bit of stick but most people are behind you.
tbh Den, I'm a bit worried about Cooper as a lot of his recent comments could be construed as having very negative undertones. Along with LP's comments that no offers 'yet' have' reached his valuation of our players, I can't help wondering if there is still further financial pressure behind the scenes.
[quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RogerJ1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then?[/p][/quote]Idiotic as usual, s?d off to the Kassam, you are so tiresome[/p][/quote]Is there anything more tiresome than Town fans suggesting other Town fans are Oxford fans? On a more serious note, I've got a lot of time for Mark Cooper but I think he needs to realise that the local media are on the same side as him. The poor bloke from BBC Wilts must wonder what he has to do to get a friendly response. His questions were perfectly reasonable tonight and Cooper seemed to be on the defensive the whole time. Lighten up a bit Mark. You might get a bit of stick but most people are behind you.[/p][/quote]tbh Den, I'm a bit worried about Cooper as a lot of his recent comments could be construed as having very negative undertones. Along with LP's comments that no offers 'yet' have' reached his valuation of our players, I can't help wondering if there is still further financial pressure behind the scenes. RamsburyRed
  • Score: 0

2:39pm Wed 30 Jul 14

The Jockster says...

Chish and Fips wrote:
The Jockster wrote:
RogerJ1969 wrote:
The Jockster wrote:
Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then?
Idiotic as usual, s?d off to the Kassam, you are so tiresome
Come on minus muppets we're only up to 20!
Ah Roger the lodger seems thou art miffed - lighten up old bean. Surely a man of your intelligence can spot a wind up when you see one - ah wait a minute you didn't it seems. Anyway see if you can spot this one - Wilma to score 20 league goals and Town to get promoted as champions - Roger and out or is it out and Roger, Roger? Or is it Bruce, Roger? I suspect that one will be far too subtle for you!
Morning Jock, your scintillating wit seems to be at all time low at the moment . Give things a chance about Wilma may end up better than we think...
Chish as you know along with Grim I am the Master of Wit & Repartee - so I'll opt for Wilma not hitting a dozen league goals.
On a serious note I'm with those who are alarmed about Coopers demeanour - the bloke is so downbeat it's not true - seems he thinks we're doomed laddie doomed I say!
[quote][p][bold]Chish and Fips[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RogerJ1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then?[/p][/quote]Idiotic as usual, s?d off to the Kassam, you are so tiresome[/p][/quote]Come on minus muppets we're only up to 20! Ah Roger the lodger seems thou art miffed - lighten up old bean. Surely a man of your intelligence can spot a wind up when you see one - ah wait a minute you didn't it seems. Anyway see if you can spot this one - Wilma to score 20 league goals and Town to get promoted as champions - Roger and out or is it out and Roger, Roger? Or is it Bruce, Roger? I suspect that one will be far too subtle for you![/p][/quote]Morning Jock, your scintillating wit seems to be at all time low at the moment . Give things a chance about Wilma may end up better than we think...[/p][/quote]Chish as you know along with Grim I am the Master of Wit & Repartee - so I'll opt for Wilma not hitting a dozen league goals. On a serious note I'm with those who are alarmed about Coopers demeanour - the bloke is so downbeat it's not true - seems he thinks we're doomed laddie doomed I say! The Jockster
  • Score: 0

3:39pm Wed 30 Jul 14

The Jockster says...

The Jockster wrote:
Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then?
Come on minus muppets up to -53 we can do this!!
[quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then?[/p][/quote]Come on minus muppets up to -53 we can do this!! The Jockster
  • Score: 2

7:25pm Wed 30 Jul 14

Chish and Fips says...

The Jockster wrote:
Chish and Fips wrote:
The Jockster wrote:
RogerJ1969 wrote:
The Jockster wrote:
Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then?
Idiotic as usual, s?d off to the Kassam, you are so tiresome
Come on minus muppets we're only up to 20!
Ah Roger the lodger seems thou art miffed - lighten up old bean. Surely a man of your intelligence can spot a wind up when you see one - ah wait a minute you didn't it seems. Anyway see if you can spot this one - Wilma to score 20 league goals and Town to get promoted as champions - Roger and out or is it out and Roger, Roger? Or is it Bruce, Roger? I suspect that one will be far too subtle for you!
Morning Jock, your scintillating wit seems to be at all time low at the moment . Give things a chance about Wilma may end up better than we think...
Chish as you know along with Grim I am the Master of Wit & Repartee - so I'll opt for Wilma not hitting a dozen league goals.
On a serious note I'm with those who are alarmed about Coopers demeanour - the bloke is so downbeat it's not true - seems he thinks we're doomed laddie doomed I say!
Jock ... think all things considered it is a very unknown quantity time for us with the side - will these players be man enough for the task, so I think MC is feeling possibly no, and instead of bravado bluster is being honest.
With his hands tied on the finances he has to do the best he can.
I remember Danny Wilson and thinking did he watch the same players and match as I did, not that I am that knowledgeable about the games, and for that reason I lost confidence in him.
There is still time to bolster the squad, but beware of 'buy in haste repent at your leisure'
[quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chish and Fips[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]RogerJ1969[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: Glad I didn't shell out to watch that! No hat trick from Wilma then?[/p][/quote]Idiotic as usual, s?d off to the Kassam, you are so tiresome[/p][/quote]Come on minus muppets we're only up to 20! Ah Roger the lodger seems thou art miffed - lighten up old bean. Surely a man of your intelligence can spot a wind up when you see one - ah wait a minute you didn't it seems. Anyway see if you can spot this one - Wilma to score 20 league goals and Town to get promoted as champions - Roger and out or is it out and Roger, Roger? Or is it Bruce, Roger? I suspect that one will be far too subtle for you![/p][/quote]Morning Jock, your scintillating wit seems to be at all time low at the moment . Give things a chance about Wilma may end up better than we think...[/p][/quote]Chish as you know along with Grim I am the Master of Wit & Repartee - so I'll opt for Wilma not hitting a dozen league goals. On a serious note I'm with those who are alarmed about Coopers demeanour - the bloke is so downbeat it's not true - seems he thinks we're doomed laddie doomed I say![/p][/quote]Jock ... think all things considered it is a very unknown quantity time for us with the side - will these players be man enough for the task, so I think MC is feeling possibly no, and instead of bravado bluster is being honest. With his hands tied on the finances he has to do the best he can. I remember Danny Wilson and thinking did he watch the same players and match as I did, not that I am that knowledgeable about the games, and for that reason I lost confidence in him. There is still time to bolster the squad, but beware of 'buy in haste repent at your leisure' Chish and Fips
  • Score: 0

7:37pm Wed 30 Jul 14

Steve. Brentford says...

Lazaat wrote:
Di kanny oh wrote:
Lazaat wrote:
It would be appreciated by those of us who couldnt attend tonight if the team selection was also shown??? Am i being old fashioned by wanting to know who played for Swindon this evening? Lazy reporting :(
Foderingham, back three of Lelan, Branco and Turnbull, Byrne and N.Thompson wing backs Kasim, Luongo and Thompson in the midfield and Smith and Williams up front was the starting 11.
Thanks Di Kanny oh 👍
Cheers indeed Di Kanny oh,it will be interesting to see how this young side of ours fare this season.

Hi Laz, hope you are well up there, have you heard from Louis lately?
[quote][p][bold]Lazaat[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Di kanny oh[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lazaat[/bold] wrote: It would be appreciated by those of us who couldnt attend tonight if the team selection was also shown??? Am i being old fashioned by wanting to know who played for Swindon this evening? Lazy reporting :([/p][/quote]Foderingham, back three of Lelan, Branco and Turnbull, Byrne and N.Thompson wing backs Kasim, Luongo and Thompson in the midfield and Smith and Williams up front was the starting 11.[/p][/quote]Thanks Di Kanny oh 👍[/p][/quote]Cheers indeed Di Kanny oh,it will be interesting to see how this young side of ours fare this season. Hi Laz, hope you are well up there, have you heard from Louis lately? Steve. Brentford
  • Score: 0

11:49pm Wed 30 Jul 14

Lazaat says...

Steve. Brentford wrote:
Lazaat wrote:
Di kanny oh wrote:
Lazaat wrote:
It would be appreciated by those of us who couldnt attend tonight if the team selection was also shown??? Am i being old fashioned by wanting to know who played for Swindon this evening? Lazy reporting :(
Foderingham, back three of Lelan, Branco and Turnbull, Byrne and N.Thompson wing backs Kasim, Luongo and Thompson in the midfield and Smith and Williams up front was the starting 11.
Thanks Di Kanny oh 👍
Cheers indeed Di Kanny oh,it will be interesting to see how this young side of ours fare this season.

Hi Laz, hope you are well up there, have you heard from Louis lately?
Hello Steve, I'm well thanks 👍. I have spoken to Louis a couple of times on the blower, he's recently bought a house in Harrogate and seems ok, he promised he will meet up with me at an away match up North this coming season. Next time we speak i will ask him to start posting on here again. Not been posting myself as much lately but still check out the posts. Cheers Steve
[quote][p][bold]Steve. Brentford[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lazaat[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Di kanny oh[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Lazaat[/bold] wrote: It would be appreciated by those of us who couldnt attend tonight if the team selection was also shown??? Am i being old fashioned by wanting to know who played for Swindon this evening? Lazy reporting :([/p][/quote]Foderingham, back three of Lelan, Branco and Turnbull, Byrne and N.Thompson wing backs Kasim, Luongo and Thompson in the midfield and Smith and Williams up front was the starting 11.[/p][/quote]Thanks Di Kanny oh 👍[/p][/quote]Cheers indeed Di Kanny oh,it will be interesting to see how this young side of ours fare this season. Hi Laz, hope you are well up there, have you heard from Louis lately?[/p][/quote]Hello Steve, I'm well thanks 👍. I have spoken to Louis a couple of times on the blower, he's recently bought a house in Harrogate and seems ok, he promised he will meet up with me at an away match up North this coming season. Next time we speak i will ask him to start posting on here again. Not been posting myself as much lately but still check out the posts. Cheers Steve Lazaat
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree