SWINDON TOWN: Archibald-Henville impresses Cooper

The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald: Troy Archibald-Henville is closing in on a return to Swindon Town's matchday squad Troy Archibald-Henville is closing in on a return to Swindon Town's matchday squad

TROY Archibald-Henville has impressed Swindon Town manager Mark Cooper in training recently, as the centre-back closes in on a return to competitive action.

Archibald-Henville has been ruled out for more than four months following knee surgery but is one or two development XI run-outs away from being picked by Cooper for his matchday squad.

Cooper told the local press this lunchtime: “Troy has looked really good in training. We still need a game but we’ve been put off with the weather. Troy has looked strong and powerful, we know he can play football so we’re not too urgent because we’ve still got Jay McEveley who can play centre-back and we’ve still got Darren Ward, Raphael Branco and Troy.”

Meanwhile, Cooper revealed that Mark Francis picked up a hamstring injury playing for Frome Town.

Comments (25)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

4:14pm Thu 23 Jan 14

LeGod says...

Surely Troy could be fit enough for Saturday and maybe a good game to break him back in before Tuesdays tough game at Walsall.

Lets hope he can now stay fully fit and free from injuries as he is the type of defender we need with our brittle back four and as someone pointed out the other day when on loan at Carlisle they were solid at the back with him in there.
Good news for us Town fans that he is on his way back and lets hope he can do the job we all know that we require to climb us up the table.
Our side only needs s few tweaks and a couple of fresh faces to give us a boost and with Smith now added and if Troy comes back in we could be set up for a run of good results and especially away from home which is what we are crying out for.
Its a shame about our away form as our following to games has dropped because weve been so poor as normally we have three times the amount of fans that are currently attending and i ve been to a couple and the performances have been shocking and i refuse to go at the moment as are so bad but as we all know home form is decent and i never miss one so this could be our key to at least grinding some results out and even better maybe winning a few.
I suppose with the length of time Troy has been out they dont want to rush him and i suppose a couple of extra weeks will be better for him.
Anyway good luck Troy and hope your back soon.
Surely Troy could be fit enough for Saturday and maybe a good game to break him back in before Tuesdays tough game at Walsall. Lets hope he can now stay fully fit and free from injuries as he is the type of defender we need with our brittle back four and as someone pointed out the other day when on loan at Carlisle they were solid at the back with him in there. Good news for us Town fans that he is on his way back and lets hope he can do the job we all know that we require to climb us up the table. Our side only needs s few tweaks and a couple of fresh faces to give us a boost and with Smith now added and if Troy comes back in we could be set up for a run of good results and especially away from home which is what we are crying out for. Its a shame about our away form as our following to games has dropped because weve been so poor as normally we have three times the amount of fans that are currently attending and i ve been to a couple and the performances have been shocking and i refuse to go at the moment as are so bad but as we all know home form is decent and i never miss one so this could be our key to at least grinding some results out and even better maybe winning a few. I suppose with the length of time Troy has been out they dont want to rush him and i suppose a couple of extra weeks will be better for him. Anyway good luck Troy and hope your back soon. LeGod
  • Score: 13

4:21pm Thu 23 Jan 14

Rednwhitewalrus699 says...

Troy is an absolute boss, even if we had a solid back four i'd back him to bulldoze his way back in anyway, can't wait for his return. That said we still need another CB though i don't expect one.
Troy is an absolute boss, even if we had a solid back four i'd back him to bulldoze his way back in anyway, can't wait for his return. That said we still need another CB though i don't expect one. Rednwhitewalrus699
  • Score: 2

4:22pm Thu 23 Jan 14

the don69 says...

We'd better wrap him in cotton wool and hope he stays fit,a bit like Spurs did with Ledley King!!!!!!
We'd better wrap him in cotton wool and hope he stays fit,a bit like Spurs did with Ledley King!!!!!! the don69
  • Score: 1

4:27pm Thu 23 Jan 14

old town robin says...

LeGod wrote:
Surely Troy could be fit enough for Saturday and maybe a good game to break him back in before Tuesdays tough game at Walsall.

Lets hope he can now stay fully fit and free from injuries as he is the type of defender we need with our brittle back four and as someone pointed out the other day when on loan at Carlisle they were solid at the back with him in there.
Good news for us Town fans that he is on his way back and lets hope he can do the job we all know that we require to climb us up the table.
Our side only needs s few tweaks and a couple of fresh faces to give us a boost and with Smith now added and if Troy comes back in we could be set up for a run of good results and especially away from home which is what we are crying out for.
Its a shame about our away form as our following to games has dropped because weve been so poor as normally we have three times the amount of fans that are currently attending and i ve been to a couple and the performances have been shocking and i refuse to go at the moment as are so bad but as we all know home form is decent and i never miss one so this could be our key to at least grinding some results out and even better maybe winning a few.
I suppose with the length of time Troy has been out they dont want to rush him and i suppose a couple of extra weeks will be better for him.
Anyway good luck Troy and hope your back soon.
Some very good points LeGod, with the return of Troy and the arrival of two new players up front I think we now have enough to go forward until end of season. Wide mid-fielders are covered, so that just leaves the lack of bite in the centre of defensive midfield, Danny Holland went back to Charlton from the Gills and as far as I know, he's not gone anywhere else, although he's not strictly defensive, he is quite tall in the mould of Miller, another bit of business with Charlton to secure his services until the end of the season would do for me.
[quote][p][bold]LeGod[/bold] wrote: Surely Troy could be fit enough for Saturday and maybe a good game to break him back in before Tuesdays tough game at Walsall. Lets hope he can now stay fully fit and free from injuries as he is the type of defender we need with our brittle back four and as someone pointed out the other day when on loan at Carlisle they were solid at the back with him in there. Good news for us Town fans that he is on his way back and lets hope he can do the job we all know that we require to climb us up the table. Our side only needs s few tweaks and a couple of fresh faces to give us a boost and with Smith now added and if Troy comes back in we could be set up for a run of good results and especially away from home which is what we are crying out for. Its a shame about our away form as our following to games has dropped because weve been so poor as normally we have three times the amount of fans that are currently attending and i ve been to a couple and the performances have been shocking and i refuse to go at the moment as are so bad but as we all know home form is decent and i never miss one so this could be our key to at least grinding some results out and even better maybe winning a few. I suppose with the length of time Troy has been out they dont want to rush him and i suppose a couple of extra weeks will be better for him. Anyway good luck Troy and hope your back soon.[/p][/quote]Some very good points LeGod, with the return of Troy and the arrival of two new players up front I think we now have enough to go forward until end of season. Wide mid-fielders are covered, so that just leaves the lack of bite in the centre of defensive midfield, Danny Holland went back to Charlton from the Gills and as far as I know, he's not gone anywhere else, although he's not strictly defensive, he is quite tall in the mould of Miller, another bit of business with Charlton to secure his services until the end of the season would do for me. old town robin
  • Score: 6

4:40pm Thu 23 Jan 14

Robinonfire says...

Play him in place of Ward....move Ward to bench.
Play him in place of Ward....move Ward to bench. Robinonfire
  • Score: 1

4:57pm Thu 23 Jan 14

Old-Stager, Hilperton says...

I know, Troy is only 2 weeks away from playing.
It's a bit like Free Beer at the Wagon & Horses Tomorrow !
Sorry to be so cynical.
I know, Troy is only 2 weeks away from playing. It's a bit like Free Beer at the Wagon & Horses Tomorrow ! Sorry to be so cynical. Old-Stager, Hilperton
  • Score: 0

5:00pm Thu 23 Jan 14

mancrobin says...

Good news for Troy and us. Hope to see him at Walsall as well as our new strike partnership.
Good news for Troy and us. Hope to see him at Walsall as well as our new strike partnership. mancrobin
  • Score: 4

5:02pm Thu 23 Jan 14

Billy hunt 65 says...

Sicknote get rid and save those wages
Farce of a signing who did the medical ?
Dodgy knees
Sicknote get rid and save those wages Farce of a signing who did the medical ? Dodgy knees Billy hunt 65
  • Score: -11

5:05pm Thu 23 Jan 14

LeGod says...

Pritchard is set for a loan move to Huddersfield according to the Huddersfield Examiner today.

http://www.examiner.
co.uk/sport/football
/news/huddersfield-t
own-linked-loan-move
-
Pritchard is set for a loan move to Huddersfield according to the Huddersfield Examiner today. http://www.examiner. co.uk/sport/football /news/huddersfield-t own-linked-loan-move - LeGod
  • Score: -8

5:11pm Thu 23 Jan 14

Swindon1984 says...

LeGod wrote:
Pritchard is set for a loan move to Huddersfield according to the Huddersfield Examiner today. http://www.examiner. co.uk/sport/football /news/huddersfield-t own-linked-loan-move -
Ah no... That is disappointing if true, he's one of those players that can give something a bit extra. Knocked off the ball too easily but does get stuck in when required and has taken some great free kicks, good passing and individual runs. Let's hope this isn't going to happen as we have few natural wide players.
[quote][p][bold]LeGod[/bold] wrote: Pritchard is set for a loan move to Huddersfield according to the Huddersfield Examiner today. http://www.examiner. co.uk/sport/football /news/huddersfield-t own-linked-loan-move -[/p][/quote]Ah no... That is disappointing if true, he's one of those players that can give something a bit extra. Knocked off the ball too easily but does get stuck in when required and has taken some great free kicks, good passing and individual runs. Let's hope this isn't going to happen as we have few natural wide players. Swindon1984
  • Score: 1

5:44pm Thu 23 Jan 14

umpcah says...

old town robin wrote:
LeGod wrote:
Surely Troy could be fit enough for Saturday and maybe a good game to break him back in before Tuesdays tough game at Walsall.

Lets hope he can now stay fully fit and free from injuries as he is the type of defender we need with our brittle back four and as someone pointed out the other day when on loan at Carlisle they were solid at the back with him in there.
Good news for us Town fans that he is on his way back and lets hope he can do the job we all know that we require to climb us up the table.
Our side only needs s few tweaks and a couple of fresh faces to give us a boost and with Smith now added and if Troy comes back in we could be set up for a run of good results and especially away from home which is what we are crying out for.
Its a shame about our away form as our following to games has dropped because weve been so poor as normally we have three times the amount of fans that are currently attending and i ve been to a couple and the performances have been shocking and i refuse to go at the moment as are so bad but as we all know home form is decent and i never miss one so this could be our key to at least grinding some results out and even better maybe winning a few.
I suppose with the length of time Troy has been out they dont want to rush him and i suppose a couple of extra weeks will be better for him.
Anyway good luck Troy and hope your back soon.
Some very good points LeGod, with the return of Troy and the arrival of two new players up front I think we now have enough to go forward until end of season. Wide mid-fielders are covered, so that just leaves the lack of bite in the centre of defensive midfield, Danny Holland went back to Charlton from the Gills and as far as I know, he's not gone anywhere else, although he's not strictly defensive, he is quite tall in the mould of Miller, another bit of business with Charlton to secure his services until the end of the season would do for me.
Thanks for not mentioning the play-offs !
[quote][p][bold]old town robin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]LeGod[/bold] wrote: Surely Troy could be fit enough for Saturday and maybe a good game to break him back in before Tuesdays tough game at Walsall. Lets hope he can now stay fully fit and free from injuries as he is the type of defender we need with our brittle back four and as someone pointed out the other day when on loan at Carlisle they were solid at the back with him in there. Good news for us Town fans that he is on his way back and lets hope he can do the job we all know that we require to climb us up the table. Our side only needs s few tweaks and a couple of fresh faces to give us a boost and with Smith now added and if Troy comes back in we could be set up for a run of good results and especially away from home which is what we are crying out for. Its a shame about our away form as our following to games has dropped because weve been so poor as normally we have three times the amount of fans that are currently attending and i ve been to a couple and the performances have been shocking and i refuse to go at the moment as are so bad but as we all know home form is decent and i never miss one so this could be our key to at least grinding some results out and even better maybe winning a few. I suppose with the length of time Troy has been out they dont want to rush him and i suppose a couple of extra weeks will be better for him. Anyway good luck Troy and hope your back soon.[/p][/quote]Some very good points LeGod, with the return of Troy and the arrival of two new players up front I think we now have enough to go forward until end of season. Wide mid-fielders are covered, so that just leaves the lack of bite in the centre of defensive midfield, Danny Holland went back to Charlton from the Gills and as far as I know, he's not gone anywhere else, although he's not strictly defensive, he is quite tall in the mould of Miller, another bit of business with Charlton to secure his services until the end of the season would do for me.[/p][/quote]Thanks for not mentioning the play-offs ! umpcah
  • Score: -2

7:03pm Thu 23 Jan 14

Oi Den! says...

Blimey! There's a lot of confidence in TA-H on here. Although I wish him all the best and hope he can do the business for us, can't say I saw anything in him to justify such faith. He looked slow and ponderous on the few occasions I saw him. Admittedly probably an improvement on the current situation but that wouldn't be too difficult!
Blimey! There's a lot of confidence in TA-H on here. Although I wish him all the best and hope he can do the business for us, can't say I saw anything in him to justify such faith. He looked slow and ponderous on the few occasions I saw him. Admittedly probably an improvement on the current situation but that wouldn't be too difficult! Oi Den!
  • Score: -2

7:25pm Thu 23 Jan 14

grove red says...

Cooper said the other day that troy looked good in game against Birmingham and then said he might be of out on loan when fit. Hope cooper and power have changed there minds.
Cooper said the other day that troy looked good in game against Birmingham and then said he might be of out on loan when fit. Hope cooper and power have changed there minds. grove red
  • Score: 0

7:53pm Thu 23 Jan 14

The Jockster says...

Oi Den! wrote:
Blimey! There's a lot of confidence in TA-H on here. Although I wish him all the best and hope he can do the business for us, can't say I saw anything in him to justify such faith. He looked slow and ponderous on the few occasions I saw him. Admittedly probably an improvement on the current situation but that wouldn't be too difficult!
Agreed wish the lad well but like you I've yet to see anything to suggest he's the answer to our defensive prayers
If the Twinkletoes to 'udders story is true not too bothered, the lad has talent for sure but often over-runs or tries to beat one man too many IMO, but always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise. Being a Spurs player his availability is beyond our control anyway but it does give Cooper another headache as too who would take his place.
[quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: Blimey! There's a lot of confidence in TA-H on here. Although I wish him all the best and hope he can do the business for us, can't say I saw anything in him to justify such faith. He looked slow and ponderous on the few occasions I saw him. Admittedly probably an improvement on the current situation but that wouldn't be too difficult![/p][/quote]Agreed wish the lad well but like you I've yet to see anything to suggest he's the answer to our defensive prayers If the Twinkletoes to 'udders story is true not too bothered, the lad has talent for sure but often over-runs or tries to beat one man too many IMO, but always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise. Being a Spurs player his availability is beyond our control anyway but it does give Cooper another headache as too who would take his place. The Jockster
  • Score: -2

8:30pm Thu 23 Jan 14

LydiardRED67 says...

The Jockster wrote:
Oi Den! wrote:
Blimey! There's a lot of confidence in TA-H on here. Although I wish him all the best and hope he can do the business for us, can't say I saw anything in him to justify such faith. He looked slow and ponderous on the few occasions I saw him. Admittedly probably an improvement on the current situation but that wouldn't be too difficult!
Agreed wish the lad well but like you I've yet to see anything to suggest he's the answer to our defensive prayers
If the Twinkletoes to 'udders story is true not too bothered, the lad has talent for sure but often over-runs or tries to beat one man too many IMO, but always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise. Being a Spurs player his availability is beyond our control anyway but it does give Cooper another headache as too who would take his place.
A third agreement on Troy, although the times I saw him he was never in the same position twice, sometimes as a holding midfielder. That and never having a decent run in the side means the jury is still out with me, benefit of the doubt. Hopefully he is the player PDC thought he was.

On the Pritchard front, my understanding was it had to be an actual sale that could prise him away, not a loan. Been wrong before though.
[quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: Blimey! There's a lot of confidence in TA-H on here. Although I wish him all the best and hope he can do the business for us, can't say I saw anything in him to justify such faith. He looked slow and ponderous on the few occasions I saw him. Admittedly probably an improvement on the current situation but that wouldn't be too difficult![/p][/quote]Agreed wish the lad well but like you I've yet to see anything to suggest he's the answer to our defensive prayers If the Twinkletoes to 'udders story is true not too bothered, the lad has talent for sure but often over-runs or tries to beat one man too many IMO, but always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise. Being a Spurs player his availability is beyond our control anyway but it does give Cooper another headache as too who would take his place.[/p][/quote]A third agreement on Troy, although the times I saw him he was never in the same position twice, sometimes as a holding midfielder. That and never having a decent run in the side means the jury is still out with me, benefit of the doubt. Hopefully he is the player PDC thought he was. On the Pritchard front, my understanding was it had to be an actual sale that could prise him away, not a loan. Been wrong before though. LydiardRED67
  • Score: 5

8:47pm Thu 23 Jan 14

old town robin says...

The Jockster wrote:
Oi Den! wrote:
Blimey! There's a lot of confidence in TA-H on here. Although I wish him all the best and hope he can do the business for us, can't say I saw anything in him to justify such faith. He looked slow and ponderous on the few occasions I saw him. Admittedly probably an improvement on the current situation but that wouldn't be too difficult!
Agreed wish the lad well but like you I've yet to see anything to suggest he's the answer to our defensive prayers
If the Twinkletoes to 'udders story is true not too bothered, the lad has talent for sure but often over-runs or tries to beat one man too many IMO, but always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise. Being a Spurs player his availability is beyond our control anyway but it does give Cooper another headache as too who would take his place.
Malksym, don't agree with any of that. Firstly if Branco starts, real possibility Troy will be on the bench and in an ideal situation going forward we may well see a combo of Branco and Archibald as the established duo and Wardy on the bench in reserve and taking his Fifa coaching duties seriously as that was the reason he took a lower salary to stay with STFC.

With regards to Pritch,(if he goes), wish him well, good player, good attitude, done well, but will not be missed as other will step up to the plate. we have more than enough cover, both Mason and Hartley (even Jay lol) can take care of free kicks, Byrne and Reis coming back are natural wingers.. So no headaches for Cooper if he leaves IMO.
[quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: Blimey! There's a lot of confidence in TA-H on here. Although I wish him all the best and hope he can do the business for us, can't say I saw anything in him to justify such faith. He looked slow and ponderous on the few occasions I saw him. Admittedly probably an improvement on the current situation but that wouldn't be too difficult![/p][/quote]Agreed wish the lad well but like you I've yet to see anything to suggest he's the answer to our defensive prayers If the Twinkletoes to 'udders story is true not too bothered, the lad has talent for sure but often over-runs or tries to beat one man too many IMO, but always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise. Being a Spurs player his availability is beyond our control anyway but it does give Cooper another headache as too who would take his place.[/p][/quote]Malksym, don't agree with any of that. Firstly if Branco starts, real possibility Troy will be on the bench and in an ideal situation going forward we may well see a combo of Branco and Archibald as the established duo and Wardy on the bench in reserve and taking his Fifa coaching duties seriously as that was the reason he took a lower salary to stay with STFC. With regards to Pritch,(if he goes), wish him well, good player, good attitude, done well, but will not be missed as other will step up to the plate. we have more than enough cover, both Mason and Hartley (even Jay lol) can take care of free kicks, Byrne and Reis coming back are natural wingers.. So no headaches for Cooper if he leaves IMO. old town robin
  • Score: 3

10:36pm Thu 23 Jan 14

Krazy Kammy says...

Fingers crossed this is the end of his injuries as he could be the answer too our defensive problems. I thought Pritchard was with us on a season long loan? If this is the case how can he join Huddersfield.
Fingers crossed this is the end of his injuries as he could be the answer too our defensive problems. I thought Pritchard was with us on a season long loan? If this is the case how can he join Huddersfield. Krazy Kammy
  • Score: 0

11:03pm Thu 23 Jan 14

The Jockster says...

OTR re TAH I just said that I'd not seen enough to suggest he could be the answer - not that he couldn't be, I hope he can, either way to be fair he needs a run in the side to see if he can cut the mustard - Cooper seems hopeful so fingers crossed. I don't think anybody wants to see him fail and let's face it we need someone and fast!
OTR re TAH I just said that I'd not seen enough to suggest he could be the answer - not that he couldn't be, I hope he can, either way to be fair he needs a run in the side to see if he can cut the mustard - Cooper seems hopeful so fingers crossed. I don't think anybody wants to see him fail and let's face it we need someone and fast! The Jockster
  • Score: -2

12:08am Fri 24 Jan 14

Oxon-Red says...

The Jockster wrote:
Oi Den! wrote:
Blimey! There's a lot of confidence in TA-H on here. Although I wish him all the best and hope he can do the business for us, can't say I saw anything in him to justify such faith. He looked slow and ponderous on the few occasions I saw him. Admittedly probably an improvement on the current situation but that wouldn't be too difficult!
Agreed wish the lad well but like you I've yet to see anything to suggest he's the answer to our defensive prayers
If the Twinkletoes to 'udders story is true not too bothered, the lad has talent for sure but often over-runs or tries to beat one man too many IMO, but always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise. Being a Spurs player his availability is beyond our control anyway but it does give Cooper another headache as too who would take his place.
Great response from both of you. How many times did you see Troy play ? Harking back he may not have been 100% given the injury problems he has had since. Give the lad a chance.

Old Twinkle Toes no great loss except you will have to dream up a new name for one of the players. Bring back Donald you can call him Ginger !

I can't believe you have written "always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise" and say you are not bothered if he goes !!!!

Perhaps the headache for Mark would be cured if we signed you. We could be all then be Sarcarstic, as Alexei Sayle would say, about you on here. Of course we would have to think of a hilarious name first, lol :-) :-0.

COYMR
[quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: Blimey! There's a lot of confidence in TA-H on here. Although I wish him all the best and hope he can do the business for us, can't say I saw anything in him to justify such faith. He looked slow and ponderous on the few occasions I saw him. Admittedly probably an improvement on the current situation but that wouldn't be too difficult![/p][/quote]Agreed wish the lad well but like you I've yet to see anything to suggest he's the answer to our defensive prayers If the Twinkletoes to 'udders story is true not too bothered, the lad has talent for sure but often over-runs or tries to beat one man too many IMO, but always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise. Being a Spurs player his availability is beyond our control anyway but it does give Cooper another headache as too who would take his place.[/p][/quote]Great response from both of you. How many times did you see Troy play ? Harking back he may not have been 100% given the injury problems he has had since. Give the lad a chance. Old Twinkle Toes no great loss except you will have to dream up a new name for one of the players. Bring back Donald you can call him Ginger ! I can't believe you have written "always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise" and say you are not bothered if he goes !!!! Perhaps the headache for Mark would be cured if we signed you. We could be all then be Sarcarstic, as Alexei Sayle would say, about you on here. Of course we would have to think of a hilarious name first, lol :-) :-0. COYMR Oxon-Red
  • Score: 1

12:17am Fri 24 Jan 14

Di kanny oh says...

No good writing players off every time, just look at Barry Corr and big Akinfenwa these players have proved managers wrong. Troy could well have just a had a bad time and who knows he may be over the worse. Many players go through phases like this. Vincent Company is one example.
No good writing players off every time, just look at Barry Corr and big Akinfenwa these players have proved managers wrong. Troy could well have just a had a bad time and who knows he may be over the worse. Many players go through phases like this. Vincent Company is one example. Di kanny oh
  • Score: 0

12:28am Fri 24 Jan 14

Steve. Brentford says...

The only thing i know about Troy is I AM..
The only thing i know about Troy is I AM.. Steve. Brentford
  • Score: 0

10:40am Fri 24 Jan 14

The Jockster says...

Oxon there is no doubt Pritchard has talent but all too often he is anonymous particularly in defensive situations and his slightly built frame isn't meant for mixing it. He may care better in the Championship where the pace is faster and there is more reliance on skill than brawn.
I think many on here take things far too seriously ala " thou shalt not for any reason criticise etc etc" we are the punters it's our choice and all this " how do you think the players feel" stuff is all cobblers.
What's wrong with labelling a player with a nickname? Calderwood was Fridge Maclaren was Fat Jack Wilma & Joan, Ward & Hall I called the Chuckle Bros because they were playing like a couple of comedians, it's called banter and for me life's to short to get het up about it - what's in a name?
Right now back to the decorating!
Smith who hasn't even played a game is already being called Smudge/Smiffy.
Oxon there is no doubt Pritchard has talent but all too often he is anonymous particularly in defensive situations and his slightly built frame isn't meant for mixing it. He may care better in the Championship where the pace is faster and there is more reliance on skill than brawn. I think many on here take things far too seriously ala " thou shalt not for any reason criticise etc etc" we are the punters it's our choice and all this " how do you think the players feel" stuff is all cobblers. What's wrong with labelling a player with a nickname? Calderwood was Fridge Maclaren was Fat Jack Wilma & Joan, Ward & Hall I called the Chuckle Bros because they were playing like a couple of comedians, it's called banter and for me life's to short to get het up about it - what's in a name? Right now back to the decorating! Smith who hasn't even played a game is already being called Smudge/Smiffy. The Jockster
  • Score: 0

2:00pm Fri 24 Jan 14

Oi Den! says...

Oxon-Red wrote:
The Jockster wrote:
Oi Den! wrote:
Blimey! There's a lot of confidence in TA-H on here. Although I wish him all the best and hope he can do the business for us, can't say I saw anything in him to justify such faith. He looked slow and ponderous on the few occasions I saw him. Admittedly probably an improvement on the current situation but that wouldn't be too difficult!
Agreed wish the lad well but like you I've yet to see anything to suggest he's the answer to our defensive prayers
If the Twinkletoes to 'udders story is true not too bothered, the lad has talent for sure but often over-runs or tries to beat one man too many IMO, but always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise. Being a Spurs player his availability is beyond our control anyway but it does give Cooper another headache as too who would take his place.
Great response from both of you. How many times did you see Troy play ? Harking back he may not have been 100% given the injury problems he has had since. Give the lad a chance.

Old Twinkle Toes no great loss except you will have to dream up a new name for one of the players. Bring back Donald you can call him Ginger !

I can't believe you have written "always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise" and say you are not bothered if he goes !!!!

Perhaps the headache for Mark would be cured if we signed you. We could be all then be Sarcarstic, as Alexei Sayle would say, about you on here. Of course we would have to think of a hilarious name first, lol :-) :-0.

COYMR
Whoa there Oxon! Who's not giving him a chance? Where in my post did I write him off? All I've said is that there appear to be a lot of people making the assumption that he's the answer to our defensive problems. I don't know whether they've seen something to justify such confidence. I hope they have and that their faith turns out to be well founded. I will be glad to see him get another chance. I'm just saying that I'm not convinced - and I admitted I've seen him on only a few occasions. As far as I'm concerned, he gets the benefit of the doubt until we know for sure one way or the other but that doesn't mean I think he's bound to be what we need. If you are one of those so convinced he's the answer at the back, can you say why?
[quote][p][bold]Oxon-Red[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: Blimey! There's a lot of confidence in TA-H on here. Although I wish him all the best and hope he can do the business for us, can't say I saw anything in him to justify such faith. He looked slow and ponderous on the few occasions I saw him. Admittedly probably an improvement on the current situation but that wouldn't be too difficult![/p][/quote]Agreed wish the lad well but like you I've yet to see anything to suggest he's the answer to our defensive prayers If the Twinkletoes to 'udders story is true not too bothered, the lad has talent for sure but often over-runs or tries to beat one man too many IMO, but always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise. Being a Spurs player his availability is beyond our control anyway but it does give Cooper another headache as too who would take his place.[/p][/quote]Great response from both of you. How many times did you see Troy play ? Harking back he may not have been 100% given the injury problems he has had since. Give the lad a chance. Old Twinkle Toes no great loss except you will have to dream up a new name for one of the players. Bring back Donald you can call him Ginger ! I can't believe you have written "always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise" and say you are not bothered if he goes !!!! Perhaps the headache for Mark would be cured if we signed you. We could be all then be Sarcarstic, as Alexei Sayle would say, about you on here. Of course we would have to think of a hilarious name first, lol :-) :-0. COYMR[/p][/quote]Whoa there Oxon! Who's not giving him a chance? Where in my post did I write him off? All I've said is that there appear to be a lot of people making the assumption that he's the answer to our defensive problems. I don't know whether they've seen something to justify such confidence. I hope they have and that their faith turns out to be well founded. I will be glad to see him get another chance. I'm just saying that I'm not convinced - and I admitted I've seen him on only a few occasions. As far as I'm concerned, he gets the benefit of the doubt until we know for sure one way or the other but that doesn't mean I think he's bound to be what we need. If you are one of those so convinced he's the answer at the back, can you say why? Oi Den!
  • Score: 0

9:57pm Fri 24 Jan 14

Oxon-Red says...

Oi Den! wrote:
Oxon-Red wrote:
The Jockster wrote:
Oi Den! wrote:
Blimey! There's a lot of confidence in TA-H on here. Although I wish him all the best and hope he can do the business for us, can't say I saw anything in him to justify such faith. He looked slow and ponderous on the few occasions I saw him. Admittedly probably an improvement on the current situation but that wouldn't be too difficult!
Agreed wish the lad well but like you I've yet to see anything to suggest he's the answer to our defensive prayers
If the Twinkletoes to 'udders story is true not too bothered, the lad has talent for sure but often over-runs or tries to beat one man too many IMO, but always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise. Being a Spurs player his availability is beyond our control anyway but it does give Cooper another headache as too who would take his place.
Great response from both of you. How many times did you see Troy play ? Harking back he may not have been 100% given the injury problems he has had since. Give the lad a chance.

Old Twinkle Toes no great loss except you will have to dream up a new name for one of the players. Bring back Donald you can call him Ginger !

I can't believe you have written "always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise" and say you are not bothered if he goes !!!!

Perhaps the headache for Mark would be cured if we signed you. We could be all then be Sarcarstic, as Alexei Sayle would say, about you on here. Of course we would have to think of a hilarious name first, lol :-) :-0.

COYMR
Whoa there Oxon! Who's not giving him a chance? Where in my post did I write him off? All I've said is that there appear to be a lot of people making the assumption that he's the answer to our defensive problems. I don't know whether they've seen something to justify such confidence. I hope they have and that their faith turns out to be well founded. I will be glad to see him get another chance. I'm just saying that I'm not convinced - and I admitted I've seen him on only a few occasions. As far as I'm concerned, he gets the benefit of the doubt until we know for sure one way or the other but that doesn't mean I think he's bound to be what we need. If you are one of those so convinced he's the answer at the back, can you say why?
Okay Den, I maybe have been a bit unfair having re-read your comment. Just a bit cheesed that players are written off too easily and others are given pathetic nicknames (not you) as a poor attempt at humour. i.e. Wilma and Joan, why not Andy and Phil ?
[quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Oxon-Red[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: Blimey! There's a lot of confidence in TA-H on here. Although I wish him all the best and hope he can do the business for us, can't say I saw anything in him to justify such faith. He looked slow and ponderous on the few occasions I saw him. Admittedly probably an improvement on the current situation but that wouldn't be too difficult![/p][/quote]Agreed wish the lad well but like you I've yet to see anything to suggest he's the answer to our defensive prayers If the Twinkletoes to 'udders story is true not too bothered, the lad has talent for sure but often over-runs or tries to beat one man too many IMO, but always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise. Being a Spurs player his availability is beyond our control anyway but it does give Cooper another headache as too who would take his place.[/p][/quote]Great response from both of you. How many times did you see Troy play ? Harking back he may not have been 100% given the injury problems he has had since. Give the lad a chance. Old Twinkle Toes no great loss except you will have to dream up a new name for one of the players. Bring back Donald you can call him Ginger ! I can't believe you have written "always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise" and say you are not bothered if he goes !!!! Perhaps the headache for Mark would be cured if we signed you. We could be all then be Sarcarstic, as Alexei Sayle would say, about you on here. Of course we would have to think of a hilarious name first, lol :-) :-0. COYMR[/p][/quote]Whoa there Oxon! Who's not giving him a chance? Where in my post did I write him off? All I've said is that there appear to be a lot of people making the assumption that he's the answer to our defensive problems. I don't know whether they've seen something to justify such confidence. I hope they have and that their faith turns out to be well founded. I will be glad to see him get another chance. I'm just saying that I'm not convinced - and I admitted I've seen him on only a few occasions. As far as I'm concerned, he gets the benefit of the doubt until we know for sure one way or the other but that doesn't mean I think he's bound to be what we need. If you are one of those so convinced he's the answer at the back, can you say why?[/p][/quote]Okay Den, I maybe have been a bit unfair having re-read your comment. Just a bit cheesed that players are written off too easily and others are given pathetic nicknames (not you) as a poor attempt at humour. i.e. Wilma and Joan, why not Andy and Phil ? Oxon-Red
  • Score: 0

11:15pm Fri 24 Jan 14

The Jockster says...

Oxon-Red wrote:
Oi Den! wrote:
Oxon-Red wrote:
The Jockster wrote:
Oi Den! wrote:
Blimey! There's a lot of confidence in TA-H on here. Although I wish him all the best and hope he can do the business for us, can't say I saw anything in him to justify such faith. He looked slow and ponderous on the few occasions I saw him. Admittedly probably an improvement on the current situation but that wouldn't be too difficult!
Agreed wish the lad well but like you I've yet to see anything to suggest he's the answer to our defensive prayers
If the Twinkletoes to 'udders story is true not too bothered, the lad has talent for sure but often over-runs or tries to beat one man too many IMO, but always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise. Being a Spurs player his availability is beyond our control anyway but it does give Cooper another headache as too who would take his place.
Great response from both of you. How many times did you see Troy play ? Harking back he may not have been 100% given the injury problems he has had since. Give the lad a chance.

Old Twinkle Toes no great loss except you will have to dream up a new name for one of the players. Bring back Donald you can call him Ginger !

I can't believe you have written "always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise" and say you are not bothered if he goes !!!!

Perhaps the headache for Mark would be cured if we signed you. We could be all then be Sarcarstic, as Alexei Sayle would say, about you on here. Of course we would have to think of a hilarious name first, lol :-) :-0.

COYMR
Whoa there Oxon! Who's not giving him a chance? Where in my post did I write him off? All I've said is that there appear to be a lot of people making the assumption that he's the answer to our defensive problems. I don't know whether they've seen something to justify such confidence. I hope they have and that their faith turns out to be well founded. I will be glad to see him get another chance. I'm just saying that I'm not convinced - and I admitted I've seen him on only a few occasions. As far as I'm concerned, he gets the benefit of the doubt until we know for sure one way or the other but that doesn't mean I think he's bound to be what we need. If you are one of those so convinced he's the answer at the back, can you say why?
Okay Den, I maybe have been a bit unfair having re-read your comment. Just a bit cheesed that players are written off too easily and others are given pathetic nicknames (not you) as a poor attempt at humour. i.e. Wilma and Joan, why not Andy and Phil ?
Oxon please for goodness sake lighten up and take a chill pill - as it was me who christened our two duffers Wilma & Joan & Twinkletoes your vitriol should be directed at me. What's in a name? Why not Andy & Phil? Because they were playing consistently like a couple or tarts and both continued to do so when they moved.
I am intrigued as to why you should get so upset over such trivia I find it hilarious I'm afraid. Have to say I was amazed at how W&J caught on.
On the subject of writing players off like Den I didn't with TAH - just said not seen enough of him to form an opinion and that if Cooper rated him he should give him a run in the team - what's wrong with that ffs!
[quote][p][bold]Oxon-Red[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Oxon-Red[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: Blimey! There's a lot of confidence in TA-H on here. Although I wish him all the best and hope he can do the business for us, can't say I saw anything in him to justify such faith. He looked slow and ponderous on the few occasions I saw him. Admittedly probably an improvement on the current situation but that wouldn't be too difficult![/p][/quote]Agreed wish the lad well but like you I've yet to see anything to suggest he's the answer to our defensive prayers If the Twinkletoes to 'udders story is true not too bothered, the lad has talent for sure but often over-runs or tries to beat one man too many IMO, but always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise. Being a Spurs player his availability is beyond our control anyway but it does give Cooper another headache as too who would take his place.[/p][/quote]Great response from both of you. How many times did you see Troy play ? Harking back he may not have been 100% given the injury problems he has had since. Give the lad a chance. Old Twinkle Toes no great loss except you will have to dream up a new name for one of the players. Bring back Donald you can call him Ginger ! I can't believe you have written "always likely to move on because of his skill and dead ball expertise" and say you are not bothered if he goes !!!! Perhaps the headache for Mark would be cured if we signed you. We could be all then be Sarcarstic, as Alexei Sayle would say, about you on here. Of course we would have to think of a hilarious name first, lol :-) :-0. COYMR[/p][/quote]Whoa there Oxon! Who's not giving him a chance? Where in my post did I write him off? All I've said is that there appear to be a lot of people making the assumption that he's the answer to our defensive problems. I don't know whether they've seen something to justify such confidence. I hope they have and that their faith turns out to be well founded. I will be glad to see him get another chance. I'm just saying that I'm not convinced - and I admitted I've seen him on only a few occasions. As far as I'm concerned, he gets the benefit of the doubt until we know for sure one way or the other but that doesn't mean I think he's bound to be what we need. If you are one of those so convinced he's the answer at the back, can you say why?[/p][/quote]Okay Den, I maybe have been a bit unfair having re-read your comment. Just a bit cheesed that players are written off too easily and others are given pathetic nicknames (not you) as a poor attempt at humour. i.e. Wilma and Joan, why not Andy and Phil ?[/p][/quote]Oxon please for goodness sake lighten up and take a chill pill - as it was me who christened our two duffers Wilma & Joan & Twinkletoes your vitriol should be directed at me. What's in a name? Why not Andy & Phil? Because they were playing consistently like a couple or tarts and both continued to do so when they moved. I am intrigued as to why you should get so upset over such trivia I find it hilarious I'm afraid. Have to say I was amazed at how W&J caught on. On the subject of writing players off like Den I didn't with TAH - just said not seen enough of him to form an opinion and that if Cooper rated him he should give him a run in the team - what's wrong with that ffs! The Jockster
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree