CHIPPENHAM Town boss Nathan Rudge has warned his team must get to the bottom of their mid-season slump sooner rather than later.

The Bluebirds have yet to register a win in 2013 and last season, only won one game in 18 after the turn of the year.

“Something is amiss because the same thing happened last season,” said Rudge.

“There’s a problem there and It’s really difficult at the moment but it wasn’t a good performance at all on Saturday.

“We can’t have any excuses because we were poor and leading 2-1 with ten minutes to go, we should have gone on to win the game.

“What we also need is everyone pushing in the same direction. From where I was standing on Saturday it looked like we had people abusing me and the players.

“When you’re in the opposition side, you can sense that and it drives you on so it’s not what we need at the moment.

“We need people to get behind their team more than ever.”

Town led 2-1 midway through the second half against Redditch but were left shellshocked as a late surge, inspired by the visitors’ Jermaine Hylton, turned the game on its head.

Chippenham went ahead with 28 minutes on the clock when Dean Griffiths swept past the United left-back and rushed to the byline before lofting a left-footed cross into the box, which was nodded into the top corner by Alan Griffin.

But United hit back minutes later when Hylton’s strike was parried by Bluebirds keeper Ben John and when Greg Tindle went to smash the ball clear for a corner, he only succeeded in lashing it into his own net.

Midway into the second half, the Bluebirds restored their lead when James Guthrie’s free-kick was cleared as far as Iain Harvey.

The Chippenham midfielder picked out sub Alex Kite unmarked in the box with a cushioned volley and the defender powered a header towards the bottom corner, which the despairing Bradley Catlow couldn't keep out.

Rudge’s men looked to be on the front foot but with nine minutes to go, Redditch barged their way back to level terms.

Striker Hylton battled his way into a crowd of players in the box and when George Washbourne was challenged by a host of blue shirts, the ball kindly deflected back to Hylton, he poked home from close range to level the scores.

The United danger man went close to rolling a third goal into an empty net when he charged down John’s clearance in the 90th minute but the home side failed to heed the warning of that late scare as the visitors stole all three points in stoppage time.

Hylton was again involved as he drove a dangerous cross in the box and, after a handful of deflections, the ball broke to substitute Leavi Oshunebure, who side-footed home into the bottom of the net to complete the comeback.