Kettle may have caused gas blast

The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald: The damage to Mr Brown's home. Picture courtesy of Carol L Smith The damage to Mr Brown's home. Picture courtesy of Carol L Smith

Shocked neighbours saw Jimmy Brown stumble from the wreckage of his home in Malmesbury after it was destroyed by a gas explosion today.

He told them he had just switched the kettle on before the explosion ripped through his terraced cottage on the corner of St Mary Street and Horse Fair at 4.30pm.

Mr Brown, a retired oboe player, survived the blast with just cuts and bruises and is being treated at the Great Western Hospital in Swindon.

Did you see the explosion? Tell us your story below

More updates later

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree