Trowbridge fire crews suspend strike action to quell scrapyard blaze

The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald: Firefighters at the scene of the incident Firefighters at the scene of the incident

Wiltshire’s chief fire officer has thanked the Trowbridge firefighters who called off a planned strike to tackle a major blaze at the EJ Shanley scrapyard.

Crews were called to the Shails Lane site at 9.39am after a large fire started, with smoke visible across town and as far as Westbury and Bradford on Avon.

The full-time crew of Trowbridge Fire Station were due to strike today, as part of a nationwide five-hour protest over proposed pension changes, but agreed to suspend their industrial action to help their colleagues from neighbouring towns.

Simon Routh-Jones, chief fire officer for the county, was at the scene.

He said: “The call came in just before 10am so we had all appliances that are normally available, and we have worked out an agreement that the striking firefighters will remain on site.

“This is their community and they want to remain part of the attack on the fire, and I am really grateful for their professionalism.”

Six fire engines are currently working at the scene, from Trowbridge, Westbury, Melksham and Bradford on Avon, along with a water carrier from Ramsbury. Approximately 40 firefighters are involved.

The police have closed Shails Lane and Seymour Road, and have set up a cordon around the site. An ambulance crew is also at the scene.

Mr Routh-Jones said: “We currently have no idea as to the cause, and we are working with the owner.

“They had personnel here on-site but there have been no injuries, the paramedics are here purely for firefighter safety and to ensure no one gets hurt.

“I came because of the pending shortage due to the industrial action.

“I would anticipate the fire will burn well into the rest of the day, and I would imagine we would be having a presence here for the next few days working with the site to put it out.

“We didn’t need to evacuate at all, we are really fortunate with the weather conditions; there is no wind, so the smoke is going directly up.

“I want to extend our thanks to all the crews, particularly those who are being required to take industrial action, and set up a deal to make sure it was under control.”

There was also praise from Wiltshire Police for staff at nearby Sainsbury's who supplied drinking water to the fire crews as they battled the fire in today's heat.

Many Seymour Road residents reacted with shock to the thick plume of smoke rising from the site.

Neighbour Cameron Kemp said: “I woke up this morning and saw the smoke at about 10am. It was a lot blacker than it is now, but not as much of it.

“I first thought it was either the Twelve Bells pub or a house as it was quite close to where I live, but it had to have been something quite bigger.”

Comments (16)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:53pm Sat 21 Jun 14

Cyanide says...

Must be all those stolen catalytic converters.
Must be all those stolen catalytic converters. Cyanide
  • Score: 10

2:35pm Sat 21 Jun 14

Mrs Stag says...

You sure can understand why Firefighters go on strike over pensions..... Estimated 40 firefighters are risking there lives, for the safety of others!!!
You sure can understand why Firefighters go on strike over pensions..... Estimated 40 firefighters are risking there lives, for the safety of others!!! Mrs Stag
  • Score: 40

8:46pm Sat 21 Jun 14

TAFF8435 says...

NO SURPRISE THIS HAS HAPPENED AGAIN. THE HIGHEST PRAISE TO THE WILTSHIRE FIRE BRIGADE. UNFORTUNATLY I HAVE ONLY CONTEMPT FOR THE OFFICIALS OF THE COUNCIL, WHO HAVE CONSISTANTLY ALLOWED THIS COMPANY TO BREAK THE LAW. IS IT NOT TIME FOR THE ELECTED OFFICIALS OF TROWBRIDGE TO PUT THE LOCAL RESIDENTS FIRST, AND STOP LINING THERE OWN POCKETS THROUGH ILLEGAL MEANS.
NO SURPRISE THIS HAS HAPPENED AGAIN. THE HIGHEST PRAISE TO THE WILTSHIRE FIRE BRIGADE. UNFORTUNATLY I HAVE ONLY CONTEMPT FOR THE OFFICIALS OF THE COUNCIL, WHO HAVE CONSISTANTLY ALLOWED THIS COMPANY TO BREAK THE LAW. IS IT NOT TIME FOR THE ELECTED OFFICIALS OF TROWBRIDGE TO PUT THE LOCAL RESIDENTS FIRST, AND STOP LINING THERE OWN POCKETS THROUGH ILLEGAL MEANS. TAFF8435
  • Score: 5

4:08am Sun 22 Jun 14

mossware says...

Time for the annual tyre burn, cheaper than actually paying for them to be disposed of. It was a common practice at the old Green lane yard.
Time for the annual tyre burn, cheaper than actually paying for them to be disposed of. It was a common practice at the old Green lane yard. mossware
  • Score: 22

3:24pm Sun 22 Jun 14

beetawix says...

TAFF8435 wrote:
NO SURPRISE THIS HAS HAPPENED AGAIN. THE HIGHEST PRAISE TO THE WILTSHIRE FIRE BRIGADE. UNFORTUNATLY I HAVE ONLY CONTEMPT FOR THE OFFICIALS OF THE COUNCIL, WHO HAVE CONSISTANTLY ALLOWED THIS COMPANY TO BREAK THE LAW. IS IT NOT TIME FOR THE ELECTED OFFICIALS OF TROWBRIDGE TO PUT THE LOCAL RESIDENTS FIRST, AND STOP LINING THERE OWN POCKETS THROUGH ILLEGAL MEANS.
keep the noise down.

I cannot answer your question as I have no knowledge of your allegations.
[quote][p][bold]TAFF8435[/bold] wrote: NO SURPRISE THIS HAS HAPPENED AGAIN. THE HIGHEST PRAISE TO THE WILTSHIRE FIRE BRIGADE. UNFORTUNATLY I HAVE ONLY CONTEMPT FOR THE OFFICIALS OF THE COUNCIL, WHO HAVE CONSISTANTLY ALLOWED THIS COMPANY TO BREAK THE LAW. IS IT NOT TIME FOR THE ELECTED OFFICIALS OF TROWBRIDGE TO PUT THE LOCAL RESIDENTS FIRST, AND STOP LINING THERE OWN POCKETS THROUGH ILLEGAL MEANS.[/p][/quote]keep the noise down. I cannot answer your question as I have no knowledge of your allegations. beetawix
  • Score: 2

8:28pm Mon 23 Jun 14

brandx says...

Yes, well done fire fighters. You put the safety of local people first. Nonetheless, I support your industrial action in defence of your pension rights. Ordinary people value the work you do.
Yes, well done fire fighters. You put the safety of local people first. Nonetheless, I support your industrial action in defence of your pension rights. Ordinary people value the work you do. brandx
  • Score: 10

10:13pm Mon 23 Jun 14

Ray Vasey says...

Well done to the crew at Trowbridge. My Navy Pension has been slashed but I'm long retired so can do nothing about it. Good on you lads for trying to look out for your future whilst but still put your community first. 65 year old firefighters are a funny thought!
Pretty obvious that the make shift crews would never have coped so grateful you hung on.
Well done to the crew at Trowbridge. My Navy Pension has been slashed but I'm long retired so can do nothing about it. Good on you lads for trying to look out for your future whilst but still put your community first. 65 year old firefighters are a funny thought! Pretty obvious that the make shift crews would never have coped so grateful you hung on. Ray Vasey
  • Score: 13

8:27am Wed 25 Jun 14

New 2 Trow says...

TAFF8435 wrote:
NO SURPRISE THIS HAS HAPPENED AGAIN. THE HIGHEST PRAISE TO THE WILTSHIRE FIRE BRIGADE. UNFORTUNATLY I HAVE ONLY CONTEMPT FOR THE OFFICIALS OF THE COUNCIL, WHO HAVE CONSISTANTLY ALLOWED THIS COMPANY TO BREAK THE LAW. IS IT NOT TIME FOR THE ELECTED OFFICIALS OF TROWBRIDGE TO PUT THE LOCAL RESIDENTS FIRST, AND STOP LINING THERE OWN POCKETS THROUGH ILLEGAL MEANS.
Can you please clarify which law has been consistantly broken and how?

Please also provide evidence that Councillors take bungs.
[quote][p][bold]TAFF8435[/bold] wrote: NO SURPRISE THIS HAS HAPPENED AGAIN. THE HIGHEST PRAISE TO THE WILTSHIRE FIRE BRIGADE. UNFORTUNATLY I HAVE ONLY CONTEMPT FOR THE OFFICIALS OF THE COUNCIL, WHO HAVE CONSISTANTLY ALLOWED THIS COMPANY TO BREAK THE LAW. IS IT NOT TIME FOR THE ELECTED OFFICIALS OF TROWBRIDGE TO PUT THE LOCAL RESIDENTS FIRST, AND STOP LINING THERE OWN POCKETS THROUGH ILLEGAL MEANS.[/p][/quote]Can you please clarify which law has been consistantly broken and how? Please also provide evidence that Councillors take bungs. New 2 Trow
  • Score: 0

8:05am Fri 27 Jun 14

politepanda says...

No sign of all the haters that vilified the Fire Brigade on previous articles related to their strikes over pensions......
No sign of all the haters that vilified the Fire Brigade on previous articles related to their strikes over pensions...... politepanda
  • Score: -7

11:19am Fri 27 Jun 14

frankie007 says...

politepanda wrote:
No sign of all the haters that vilified the Fire Brigade on previous articles related to their strikes over pensions......
You really are a numpty aren't you?
I don't recall anyone vilifying the firemen over their so called strikes.
Some of us did point out the stupidity of their actions, as nobody noticed, as born out by their actions over the weekend, & all credit to them.

So where was the strike??

The miners never went on strike until Mrs Jones ran out of coal. The tube drivers never went on strike until half a dozen people needed a lift from Earls Court to Tottenham Court Road.

The firemen however, go on strike until there's a fire. Can you really not see the point that some of us are making?
The government are laughing, they're saving money & still getting the job done. The union bosses are still drawing their inflated salaries. The only ones suffering are?????????????????
??????

Have you worked it out yet?
[quote][p][bold]politepanda[/bold] wrote: No sign of all the haters that vilified the Fire Brigade on previous articles related to their strikes over pensions......[/p][/quote]You really are a numpty aren't you? I don't recall anyone vilifying the firemen over their so called strikes. Some of us did point out the stupidity of their actions, as nobody noticed, as born out by their actions over the weekend, & all credit to them. So where was the strike?? The miners never went on strike until Mrs Jones ran out of coal. The tube drivers never went on strike until half a dozen people needed a lift from Earls Court to Tottenham Court Road. The firemen however, go on strike until there's a fire. Can you really not see the point that some of us are making? The government are laughing, they're saving money & still getting the job done. The union bosses are still drawing their inflated salaries. The only ones suffering are????????????????? ?????? Have you worked it out yet? frankie007
  • Score: 8

11:57am Fri 27 Jun 14

politepanda says...

frankie007 wrote:
politepanda wrote:
No sign of all the haters that vilified the Fire Brigade on previous articles related to their strikes over pensions......
You really are a numpty aren't you?
I don't recall anyone vilifying the firemen over their so called strikes.
Some of us did point out the stupidity of their actions, as nobody noticed, as born out by their actions over the weekend, & all credit to them.

So where was the strike??

The miners never went on strike until Mrs Jones ran out of coal. The tube drivers never went on strike until half a dozen people needed a lift from Earls Court to Tottenham Court Road.

The firemen however, go on strike until there's a fire. Can you really not see the point that some of us are making?
The government are laughing, they're saving money & still getting the job done. The union bosses are still drawing their inflated salaries. The only ones suffering are?????????????????

??????

Have you worked it out yet?
Then I suggest you look back over previous articles relating to the Fire Brigade striking.
Your selective memory doesn't serve you well, at all.
(And NOW you claim that people were simply stating that they should "get tough" and strike?!!)
THAT is simply dishonest.
Although I note you jumped from: "I don't recall anyone..." to: "SOME of us..."
But hey - SOME folk will say anything for a cheap shot at Unions, won't they?
[quote][p][bold]frankie007[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]politepanda[/bold] wrote: No sign of all the haters that vilified the Fire Brigade on previous articles related to their strikes over pensions......[/p][/quote]You really are a numpty aren't you? I don't recall anyone vilifying the firemen over their so called strikes. Some of us did point out the stupidity of their actions, as nobody noticed, as born out by their actions over the weekend, & all credit to them. So where was the strike?? The miners never went on strike until Mrs Jones ran out of coal. The tube drivers never went on strike until half a dozen people needed a lift from Earls Court to Tottenham Court Road. The firemen however, go on strike until there's a fire. Can you really not see the point that some of us are making? The government are laughing, they're saving money & still getting the job done. The union bosses are still drawing their inflated salaries. The only ones suffering are????????????????? ?????? Have you worked it out yet?[/p][/quote]Then I suggest you look back over previous articles relating to the Fire Brigade striking. Your selective memory doesn't serve you well, at all. (And NOW you claim that people were simply stating that they should "get tough" and strike?!!) THAT is simply dishonest. Although I note you jumped from: "I don't recall anyone..." to: "SOME of us..." But hey - SOME folk will say anything for a cheap shot at Unions, won't they? politepanda
  • Score: -8

12:56pm Fri 27 Jun 14

frankie007 says...

AS WE APPARENTLY NEED TO SHOUT TO MAKE US LOOK MORE INTELLIGENT.

I HAPPILY ADMIT TO HAVING NO TIME FOR UNIONS. THEY HAVE NO PLACE IN TODAY'S SOCIETY, THEY ARE JUST ANOTHER PARASITIC LAYER ON THE BACK OF WORKING PEOPLE.

THIS DISCUSSION IS ABOUT FIREMEN& STRIKES.

TO GO ON STRIKE, MEANS TO NOT TURN UP TO DO THE JOB FOR WHICH YOU WERE BEING PAID PRIOR TO GOING ON STRIKE.

TO SAY YOU'RE ON STRIKE AND TURNING UP FOR WORK AS AND WHEN REQUIRED, IS NOT BEING ON STRIKE.

THE FIREMEN ARE JUST BEING MADE TO LOOK STUPID AND USED AS PAWNS BY BOTH THE GOVERNMENT AND THE UNION, AS BOTH PARTIES KNOW FULL WELL THAT EVERY FIREMAN WILL FEEL A MORAL DUTY TO TURN OUT WHENEVER LIVES OR PROPERTY ARE IN DANGER. IN FACT THE VAST MAJORITY WOULD DO IT WHETHER OR NOT THEY WERE BEING PAID.

I DON'T SUGGEST THAT THEY SHOULD GET TOUGH, BECAUSE I KNOW THEY WON'T, UNFORTUNATEKY, SO DO THE GOVERNMENT & UNION BOSSES.

NOBODY'S GOING TO DIE IF THEY CAN'T GET A TRAIN
IF YOU CAN'T GET A FIREMAN, PEOPLE WILL DIE, THEN THEY WILL LEAP FROG TRAFFIC WARDENS & PPI CLAIM SALESMEN AS THE MOST HATED PEOPLE IN THE COUNTRY.

NOW PLEASE EXPLAIN JUST WHAT HAS BEEN OR WILL BE ACHIEVED BY THESE NON STRIKES.
AS WE APPARENTLY NEED TO SHOUT TO MAKE US LOOK MORE INTELLIGENT. I HAPPILY ADMIT TO HAVING NO TIME FOR UNIONS. THEY HAVE NO PLACE IN TODAY'S SOCIETY, THEY ARE JUST ANOTHER PARASITIC LAYER ON THE BACK OF WORKING PEOPLE. THIS DISCUSSION IS ABOUT FIREMEN& STRIKES. TO GO ON STRIKE, MEANS TO NOT TURN UP TO DO THE JOB FOR WHICH YOU WERE BEING PAID PRIOR TO GOING ON STRIKE. TO SAY YOU'RE ON STRIKE AND TURNING UP FOR WORK AS AND WHEN REQUIRED, IS NOT BEING ON STRIKE. THE FIREMEN ARE JUST BEING MADE TO LOOK STUPID AND USED AS PAWNS BY BOTH THE GOVERNMENT AND THE UNION, AS BOTH PARTIES KNOW FULL WELL THAT EVERY FIREMAN WILL FEEL A MORAL DUTY TO TURN OUT WHENEVER LIVES OR PROPERTY ARE IN DANGER. IN FACT THE VAST MAJORITY WOULD DO IT WHETHER OR NOT THEY WERE BEING PAID. I DON'T SUGGEST THAT THEY SHOULD GET TOUGH, BECAUSE I KNOW THEY WON'T, UNFORTUNATEKY, SO DO THE GOVERNMENT & UNION BOSSES. NOBODY'S GOING TO DIE IF THEY CAN'T GET A TRAIN IF YOU CAN'T GET A FIREMAN, PEOPLE WILL DIE, THEN THEY WILL LEAP FROG TRAFFIC WARDENS & PPI CLAIM SALESMEN AS THE MOST HATED PEOPLE IN THE COUNTRY. NOW PLEASE EXPLAIN JUST WHAT HAS BEEN OR WILL BE ACHIEVED BY THESE NON STRIKES. frankie007
  • Score: 11

1:03pm Fri 27 Jun 14

frankie007 says...

OOOOOOPS, SORRY I LEFT JANE SCOTT OUT OF THE PENULTIMATE PARAGRAPH.
OOOOOOPS, SORRY I LEFT JANE SCOTT OUT OF THE PENULTIMATE PARAGRAPH. frankie007
  • Score: 10

11:24pm Fri 27 Jun 14

politepanda says...

frankie007 wrote:
AS WE APPARENTLY NEED TO SHOUT TO MAKE US LOOK MORE INTELLIGENT.

I HAPPILY ADMIT TO HAVING NO TIME FOR UNIONS. THEY HAVE NO PLACE IN TODAY'S SOCIETY, THEY ARE JUST ANOTHER PARASITIC LAYER ON THE BACK OF WORKING PEOPLE.

THIS DISCUSSION IS ABOUT FIREMEN& STRIKES.

TO GO ON STRIKE, MEANS TO NOT TURN UP TO DO THE JOB FOR WHICH YOU WERE BEING PAID PRIOR TO GOING ON STRIKE.

TO SAY YOU'RE ON STRIKE AND TURNING UP FOR WORK AS AND WHEN REQUIRED, IS NOT BEING ON STRIKE.

THE FIREMEN ARE JUST BEING MADE TO LOOK STUPID AND USED AS PAWNS BY BOTH THE GOVERNMENT AND THE UNION, AS BOTH PARTIES KNOW FULL WELL THAT EVERY FIREMAN WILL FEEL A MORAL DUTY TO TURN OUT WHENEVER LIVES OR PROPERTY ARE IN DANGER. IN FACT THE VAST MAJORITY WOULD DO IT WHETHER OR NOT THEY WERE BEING PAID.

I DON'T SUGGEST THAT THEY SHOULD GET TOUGH, BECAUSE I KNOW THEY WON'T, UNFORTUNATEKY, SO DO THE GOVERNMENT & UNION BOSSES.

NOBODY'S GOING TO DIE IF THEY CAN'T GET A TRAIN
IF YOU CAN'T GET A FIREMAN, PEOPLE WILL DIE, THEN THEY WILL LEAP FROG TRAFFIC WARDENS & PPI CLAIM SALESMEN AS THE MOST HATED PEOPLE IN THE COUNTRY.

NOW PLEASE EXPLAIN JUST WHAT HAS BEEN OR WILL BE ACHIEVED BY THESE NON STRIKES.
No - sorry - shouting STILL doesn't make you appear intelligent, at all. Ridiculous, yes - but intelligent? Oh dear.

Perhaps iF the firemen look to the public for support..... no - based on previous posts about them - that won't work either.

Perhaps they ought to consider alternative careers. Then we could have the fire service we're willing to pay for. Volunteers that don't have to turn up.
[quote][p][bold]frankie007[/bold] wrote: AS WE APPARENTLY NEED TO SHOUT TO MAKE US LOOK MORE INTELLIGENT. I HAPPILY ADMIT TO HAVING NO TIME FOR UNIONS. THEY HAVE NO PLACE IN TODAY'S SOCIETY, THEY ARE JUST ANOTHER PARASITIC LAYER ON THE BACK OF WORKING PEOPLE. THIS DISCUSSION IS ABOUT FIREMEN& STRIKES. TO GO ON STRIKE, MEANS TO NOT TURN UP TO DO THE JOB FOR WHICH YOU WERE BEING PAID PRIOR TO GOING ON STRIKE. TO SAY YOU'RE ON STRIKE AND TURNING UP FOR WORK AS AND WHEN REQUIRED, IS NOT BEING ON STRIKE. THE FIREMEN ARE JUST BEING MADE TO LOOK STUPID AND USED AS PAWNS BY BOTH THE GOVERNMENT AND THE UNION, AS BOTH PARTIES KNOW FULL WELL THAT EVERY FIREMAN WILL FEEL A MORAL DUTY TO TURN OUT WHENEVER LIVES OR PROPERTY ARE IN DANGER. IN FACT THE VAST MAJORITY WOULD DO IT WHETHER OR NOT THEY WERE BEING PAID. I DON'T SUGGEST THAT THEY SHOULD GET TOUGH, BECAUSE I KNOW THEY WON'T, UNFORTUNATEKY, SO DO THE GOVERNMENT & UNION BOSSES. NOBODY'S GOING TO DIE IF THEY CAN'T GET A TRAIN IF YOU CAN'T GET A FIREMAN, PEOPLE WILL DIE, THEN THEY WILL LEAP FROG TRAFFIC WARDENS & PPI CLAIM SALESMEN AS THE MOST HATED PEOPLE IN THE COUNTRY. NOW PLEASE EXPLAIN JUST WHAT HAS BEEN OR WILL BE ACHIEVED BY THESE NON STRIKES.[/p][/quote]No - sorry - shouting STILL doesn't make you appear intelligent, at all. Ridiculous, yes - but intelligent? Oh dear. Perhaps iF the firemen look to the public for support..... no - based on previous posts about them - that won't work either. Perhaps they ought to consider alternative careers. Then we could have the fire service we're willing to pay for. Volunteers that don't have to turn up. politepanda
  • Score: -4

9:51am Sat 28 Jun 14

Mrs Donnyfly says...

What would frankie007 suggest the firemen do then, as it would appear their grievance is legitimate? Your statement that the firemen are just pawns of the Union and Government is very dismissive of the intelligence of each individual fireman who has chosen to withdraw his labour. While the lives of the general public may be put at risk because of these strikes, don't forget that the firemen themselves and their families are members of the public too, so I'm sure their decision hasn't been taken lightly.
What would frankie007 suggest the firemen do then, as it would appear their grievance is legitimate? Your statement that the firemen are just pawns of the Union and Government is very dismissive of the intelligence of each individual fireman who has chosen to withdraw his labour. While the lives of the general public may be put at risk because of these strikes, don't forget that the firemen themselves and their families are members of the public too, so I'm sure their decision hasn't been taken lightly. Mrs Donnyfly
  • Score: 2

3:33pm Sun 29 Jun 14

Frankie007jnr says...

frankie007 wrote:
AS WE APPARENTLY NEED TO SHOUT TO MAKE US LOOK MORE INTELLIGENT.

I HAPPILY ADMIT TO HAVING NO TIME FOR UNIONS. THEY HAVE NO PLACE IN TODAY'S SOCIETY, THEY ARE JUST ANOTHER PARASITIC LAYER ON THE BACK OF WORKING PEOPLE.

THIS DISCUSSION IS ABOUT FIREMEN& STRIKES.

TO GO ON STRIKE, MEANS TO NOT TURN UP TO DO THE JOB FOR WHICH YOU WERE BEING PAID PRIOR TO GOING ON STRIKE.

TO SAY YOU'RE ON STRIKE AND TURNING UP FOR WORK AS AND WHEN REQUIRED, IS NOT BEING ON STRIKE.

THE FIREMEN ARE JUST BEING MADE TO LOOK STUPID AND USED AS PAWNS BY BOTH THE GOVERNMENT AND THE UNION, AS BOTH PARTIES KNOW FULL WELL THAT EVERY FIREMAN WILL FEEL A MORAL DUTY TO TURN OUT WHENEVER LIVES OR PROPERTY ARE IN DANGER. IN FACT THE VAST MAJORITY WOULD DO IT WHETHER OR NOT THEY WERE BEING PAID.

I DON'T SUGGEST THAT THEY SHOULD GET TOUGH, BECAUSE I KNOW THEY WON'T, UNFORTUNATEKY, SO DO THE GOVERNMENT & UNION BOSSES.

NOBODY'S GOING TO DIE IF THEY CAN'T GET A TRAIN
IF YOU CAN'T GET A FIREMAN, PEOPLE WILL DIE, THEN THEY WILL LEAP FROG TRAFFIC WARDENS & PPI CLAIM SALESMEN AS THE MOST HATED PEOPLE IN THE COUNTRY.

NOW PLEASE EXPLAIN JUST WHAT HAS BEEN OR WILL BE ACHIEVED BY THESE NON STRIKES.
Hey everyone, sorry about Dad.
He's been unemployed for 14 years now. He tried to get into the Fire Service but he didn't even pass the initial application. He bums around all day trolling sites like this. He's never stood up for anything he believed in his entire life, mum left him because he has views about everything but knows nothing about anything. It's embarrassing really.

FrankieJnr
[quote][p][bold]frankie007[/bold] wrote: AS WE APPARENTLY NEED TO SHOUT TO MAKE US LOOK MORE INTELLIGENT. I HAPPILY ADMIT TO HAVING NO TIME FOR UNIONS. THEY HAVE NO PLACE IN TODAY'S SOCIETY, THEY ARE JUST ANOTHER PARASITIC LAYER ON THE BACK OF WORKING PEOPLE. THIS DISCUSSION IS ABOUT FIREMEN& STRIKES. TO GO ON STRIKE, MEANS TO NOT TURN UP TO DO THE JOB FOR WHICH YOU WERE BEING PAID PRIOR TO GOING ON STRIKE. TO SAY YOU'RE ON STRIKE AND TURNING UP FOR WORK AS AND WHEN REQUIRED, IS NOT BEING ON STRIKE. THE FIREMEN ARE JUST BEING MADE TO LOOK STUPID AND USED AS PAWNS BY BOTH THE GOVERNMENT AND THE UNION, AS BOTH PARTIES KNOW FULL WELL THAT EVERY FIREMAN WILL FEEL A MORAL DUTY TO TURN OUT WHENEVER LIVES OR PROPERTY ARE IN DANGER. IN FACT THE VAST MAJORITY WOULD DO IT WHETHER OR NOT THEY WERE BEING PAID. I DON'T SUGGEST THAT THEY SHOULD GET TOUGH, BECAUSE I KNOW THEY WON'T, UNFORTUNATEKY, SO DO THE GOVERNMENT & UNION BOSSES. NOBODY'S GOING TO DIE IF THEY CAN'T GET A TRAIN IF YOU CAN'T GET A FIREMAN, PEOPLE WILL DIE, THEN THEY WILL LEAP FROG TRAFFIC WARDENS & PPI CLAIM SALESMEN AS THE MOST HATED PEOPLE IN THE COUNTRY. NOW PLEASE EXPLAIN JUST WHAT HAS BEEN OR WILL BE ACHIEVED BY THESE NON STRIKES.[/p][/quote]Hey everyone, sorry about Dad. He's been unemployed for 14 years now. He tried to get into the Fire Service but he didn't even pass the initial application. He bums around all day trolling sites like this. He's never stood up for anything he believed in his entire life, mum left him because he has views about everything but knows nothing about anything. It's embarrassing really. FrankieJnr Frankie007jnr
  • Score: 7

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree