A 61-year-old man has been warned he could be facing jail after admitting a sex offence against a vulnerable young woman.
Christopher Hinton had been due to face trial by judge and jury accused of carrying out offences against three females.
But, after he pleaded guilty to one of the offences at Swindon Crown Court last week, prosecutors said they would ask for the other matters to lie on file.
Hinton, of Ridgemead, Calne, pleaded guilty to causing or inciting a person with a mental disorder, which impairs choice, to engage in sexual activity.
He admitted committing the offence between Tuesday July 3, 2012, and Thursday, August 23, 2012.
At an earlier hearing he had pleaded not guilty to it and three other charges which were said to have been against two other young women in 2012.
Tessa Hingston, prosecuting, said it was not deemed in the public interest to proceed with those matters after he had pleaded guilty to the one charge.
Charles Rowe, defending, asked for the probation service to compile a pre-sentence report on his client.
Judge Douglas Field adjourned the case to Tuesday, April 8, and released Hinton on bail on condition he does not contact witnesses or have unsupervised contact with anyone under the age of 18.
And he warned him: "The fact that I am granting you bail should not be taken as any indication of the final outcome of this case. There is a distinct possibility of custody here."
Hinton will now also have to register as a sex offender with the final time he must remain doing so determined by the sentence passed.