SWINDON TOWN: Town's former holding company aim to appoint three new club board members

Confusion at the County Ground as former holding company set to appoint three new board members

Confusion at the County Ground as former holding company set to appoint three new board members

First published in Sport Exclusive by

THE holding company which acquired Swindon Town in January 2013 is trying to appoint three new faces to the club’s board, sparking renewed questions about the ownership of the Robins.

The Advertiser understands Seebeck 87 Ltd, which took on former majority shareholder Andrew Black’s stake in the club at the start of last year, intends to put Debbie Priestnall, Adam Fynn and David Smith in place at the County Ground, suggesting Seebeck believes it still retains a controlling interest in the Wiltshire outfit.

Fynn is chief executive of The Anderson Group, a Luton-based firm which, according to blurb on its website, is “the UK’s leading provider of professional services to the recruitment and contracting sector”.

The 29-year-old, who is also heavily involved in nightclubs, is believed to be seen as a potential investor in Town and, according to public records, holds a 45 per cent shareholding in Seebeck 87.

Smith is Fynn’s financial officer at The Anderson Group. The 43-year-old is a partner at chartered accounting firm Cottons in Northampton.

Priestnall is in the entertainment industry and current sits on the boards of Mange Tout Management Company Ltd, Talent Artistic Ltd and City Entertainment Folkestone 1 Limited.

The trio were all appointed as directors of Seebeck 87 on April 1. Two days later the company had a proposal to be struck off the companies register rescinded after providing just cause to remain in operation, despite being used exclusively for the takeover of Swindon Town last year.

Priestnall, Fynn and Steve Murrall - the ex-Town general manager - were all seen by the Advertiser at the County Ground yesterday. Smith is also understood to have been present, but neither of Swindon’s current directors, Lee Power and Sangita Shah, are believed to have been in attendance.

Current chairman Power said back in December, when he assumed control of the club, that he had exercised an option allowing him to take the majority shareholding in the Robins. He had previously paid out a sum of £300,000 to individuals involved with Town to do so. At that point he projected he would invest around £1.2million into the club this season.

On December 3, the same day Jed McCrory stood down from the Swindon board, Power released a statement, part of which read: “I am delighted to officially announce that I am the new owner of Swindon Town Football Club.

"Firstly, I’d like to try and alleviate some of the fans’ concerns. To put the record straight, here are the facts: I paid £300,000 to buy out individuals who had shares in the Club and this gave me an option to take control of the Club, which I have now exercised.

"I put in £1.2 million to get the embargo lifted last season which I withdrew once the Football League had been satisfied.

“The financial forecasts I was given at the time were unfortunately drastically inaccurate and the Club has needed more financial input than I originally thought.

“For example: there was £500,000 of estimated income in the accounts for the summer concerts which, to date, has cost the football club circa £50,000.

“To date, I have put £740,000 into the Club this season and expect to put in another £400,000 before the end of the season.”

Prior to his resignation, McCrory had initially claimed that he still held the controlling stake in Town.

However, a club statement of December 3 said the ownership of the Robins had transferred to Power’s holding company, Swinton Reds 20 - of which he and accountant Steve Crouch are the only directors.

“STFC are pleased to announce the change of ownership of STFC to Swinton Reds 20 owned by Director of Football, Mr Lee Power,” the statement read.

“The change of ownership signals no fundamental changes in the Club but has been executed post the completion of the audit in line with the intent of the consortium led by Mr Jed McCrory who acquired STFC.

“Since the takeover Mr Power has injected £1.2m for a limited period of time to release the embargo enforced by the Football League at the time of takeover.

“Since then he has provided the entire funding to ensure the financial ongoing probity of the Club.

“Mr Power has also furnished the Football League with further proof of funds to underwrite the future liquidity of the Club.

“STFC would like to thank The Football League for its assistance to date.”

A spokesman for the Seebeck 87 Ltd board declined to comment when approached by the Advertiser last night, while neither Power nor Shah were reachable when contacted by this paper.

Comments (46)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:14am Fri 18 Apr 14

hinckleyred says...

Oh good.
Just the news we needed today of all days.
Oh good. Just the news we needed today of all days. hinckleyred
  • Score: 4

6:22am Fri 18 Apr 14

whitety says...

here we go again i just can not understand how this comes up time after time!!!!!!
here we go again i just can not understand how this comes up time after time!!!!!! whitety
  • Score: 5

6:44am Fri 18 Apr 14

Oi Den! says...

Mange Tout, Rodney. Mange Tout.
One day weew be meewyonnaires.
Mange Tout, Rodney. Mange Tout. One day weew be meewyonnaires. Oi Den!
  • Score: 8

6:46am Fri 18 Apr 14

port de soller says...

again think the Club has questions that need to be answered
again think the Club has questions that need to be answered port de soller
  • Score: 2

6:50am Fri 18 Apr 14

We are PANTS says...

You really couldn't make it up could you!!! Only here at Swindon......
You really couldn't make it up could you!!! Only here at Swindon...... We are PANTS
  • Score: 13

7:15am Fri 18 Apr 14

batch says...

Jeux sans frontieres. And here come the Jedwans.

Please, make it all stop.
Jeux sans frontieres. And here come the Jedwans. Please, make it all stop. batch
  • Score: 3

7:17am Fri 18 Apr 14

6degreessouth says...

I thought the circus had left town!
I thought the circus had left town! 6degreessouth
  • Score: 8

7:20am Fri 18 Apr 14

chalkswindon says...

I fear this is all my fault, only yesterday I was telling a colleague how I felt a period of stability was finally ahead and the days of having to check The adver website hourly for the latest outburst by PDC or the latest bankruptcy or ownership battle was behind us.
I fear this is all my fault, only yesterday I was telling a colleague how I felt a period of stability was finally ahead and the days of having to check The adver website hourly for the latest outburst by PDC or the latest bankruptcy or ownership battle was behind us. chalkswindon
  • Score: 4

7:23am Fri 18 Apr 14

TheDukeOfBanbury says...

Not all this s**t again.
I thought we had seen the last of the yellow 3 wheeler.
Not all this s**t again. I thought we had seen the last of the yellow 3 wheeler. TheDukeOfBanbury
  • Score: 4

7:33am Fri 18 Apr 14

the wizard says...

Why do I fear that that is bad news. I thought Power was doing well of late and things were beginning to look settled. Wrong again. Is this a seasonal thing so they can have more pop/music concerts here. I do remember Power telling Jedco that he wasn't welcome back here.
Why do I fear that that is bad news. I thought Power was doing well of late and things were beginning to look settled. Wrong again. Is this a seasonal thing so they can have more pop/music concerts here. I do remember Power telling Jedco that he wasn't welcome back here. the wizard
  • Score: 3

7:39am Fri 18 Apr 14

Rgbargee says...

OK so what does this mean?
Does Power own the club, or not?
Can the Advertiser find out and settle our nerves please.
OK so what does this mean? Does Power own the club, or not? Can the Advertiser find out and settle our nerves please. Rgbargee
  • Score: 3

7:41am Fri 18 Apr 14

old town robin says...

TheDukeOfBanbury wrote:
Not all this s**t again.
I thought we had seen the last of the yellow 3 wheeler.
Like a bad smell, it still lingers. neither MsCrory or any of his cronies put more than a pound into our club but took a sizeable chunk out and another £300k to boot from Lee Power.

One thing for sure it's highly unlikely McCrory's Seebeck 87 are about to do us any favours and invest in the club. The fact the 3 persons mentioned have links to the entertainment industry could mean they have ideas to relaunch the money losing concerts. Personally I hope Lee shows them the way out and doesn't have anything to do with them,
[quote][p][bold]TheDukeOfBanbury[/bold] wrote: Not all this s**t again. I thought we had seen the last of the yellow 3 wheeler.[/p][/quote]Like a bad smell, it still lingers. neither MsCrory or any of his cronies put more than a pound into our club but took a sizeable chunk out and another £300k to boot from Lee Power. One thing for sure it's highly unlikely McCrory's Seebeck 87 are about to do us any favours and invest in the club. The fact the 3 persons mentioned have links to the entertainment industry could mean they have ideas to relaunch the money losing concerts. Personally I hope Lee shows them the way out and doesn't have anything to do with them, old town robin
  • Score: 11

7:51am Fri 18 Apr 14

WirralRed says...

hinckleyred wrote:
Oh good.
Just the news we needed today of all days.
Yes... just when I thought that for once the season would end in reasonable stability with only space fillers to take read each day....
[quote][p][bold]hinckleyred[/bold] wrote: Oh good. Just the news we needed today of all days.[/p][/quote]Yes... just when I thought that for once the season would end in reasonable stability with only space fillers to take read each day.... WirralRed
  • Score: 1

7:56am Fri 18 Apr 14

old town robin says...

How come Fredi didn't give us the low down on this. Lol.
How come Fredi didn't give us the low down on this. Lol. old town robin
  • Score: 4

7:57am Fri 18 Apr 14

LionelHutz says...

Looking forward to hearing more b0ll0cks from 'Fredi'.

Cue the music.
Looking forward to hearing more b0ll0cks from 'Fredi'. Cue the music. LionelHutz
  • Score: 1

8:01am Fri 18 Apr 14

the wizard says...

Jedco, about as welcome as something not-nice stuck to the bottom of your shoe, and the smell is about the same too/poo.
Should they show up, I hope they get a sound booing from the crowd and plenty of verbals to make their stay about as unwelcome as it can be. SCUM.

I don't think Jed or Muriel will get the open arms welcome they received from some last time around as they have been exposed for what they are, unwelcome. They are here for one reason, and one reason only, to fleece this club like Jed did before. Why is it most of us just distrust anything to do with people from Luton ! of this ilk.
Jedco, about as welcome as something not-nice stuck to the bottom of your shoe, and the smell is about the same too/poo. Should they show up, I hope they get a sound booing from the crowd and plenty of verbals to make their stay about as unwelcome as it can be. SCUM. I don't think Jed or Muriel will get the open arms welcome they received from some last time around as they have been exposed for what they are, unwelcome. They are here for one reason, and one reason only, to fleece this club like Jed did before. Why is it most of us just distrust anything to do with people from Luton ! of this ilk. the wizard
  • Score: 8

8:03am Fri 18 Apr 14

mandrossian says...

old town robin wrote:
TheDukeOfBanbury wrote:
Not all this s**t again.
I thought we had seen the last of the yellow 3 wheeler.
Like a bad smell, it still lingers. neither MsCrory or any of his cronies put more than a pound into our club but took a sizeable chunk out and another £300k to boot from Lee Power.

One thing for sure it's highly unlikely McCrory's Seebeck 87 are about to do us any favours and invest in the club. The fact the 3 persons mentioned have links to the entertainment industry could mean they have ideas to relaunch the money losing concerts. Personally I hope Lee shows them the way out and doesn't have anything to do with them,
This is somewhat unfair. Jed stepped in when no-one else was interested, he got Lee Power involved as an investor. If it wasn't for 'McCrory and his cronies' We would have gone bust.
Also I seriously doubt that they made any money out of us.
[quote][p][bold]old town robin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheDukeOfBanbury[/bold] wrote: Not all this s**t again. I thought we had seen the last of the yellow 3 wheeler.[/p][/quote]Like a bad smell, it still lingers. neither MsCrory or any of his cronies put more than a pound into our club but took a sizeable chunk out and another £300k to boot from Lee Power. One thing for sure it's highly unlikely McCrory's Seebeck 87 are about to do us any favours and invest in the club. The fact the 3 persons mentioned have links to the entertainment industry could mean they have ideas to relaunch the money losing concerts. Personally I hope Lee shows them the way out and doesn't have anything to do with them,[/p][/quote]This is somewhat unfair. Jed stepped in when no-one else was interested, he got Lee Power involved as an investor. If it wasn't for 'McCrory and his cronies' We would have gone bust. Also I seriously doubt that they made any money out of us. mandrossian
  • Score: -10

8:10am Fri 18 Apr 14

Chish and Fips says...

mandrossian wrote:
old town robin wrote:
TheDukeOfBanbury wrote:
Not all this s**t again.
I thought we had seen the last of the yellow 3 wheeler.
Like a bad smell, it still lingers. neither MsCrory or any of his cronies put more than a pound into our club but took a sizeable chunk out and another £300k to boot from Lee Power.

One thing for sure it's highly unlikely McCrory's Seebeck 87 are about to do us any favours and invest in the club. The fact the 3 persons mentioned have links to the entertainment industry could mean they have ideas to relaunch the money losing concerts. Personally I hope Lee shows them the way out and doesn't have anything to do with them,
This is somewhat unfair. Jed stepped in when no-one else was interested, he got Lee Power involved as an investor. If it wasn't for 'McCrory and his cronies' We would have gone bust.
Also I seriously doubt that they made any money out of us.
Was there concrete proof of these alleged monies taken - or just Fredi and his twist on what he knew, or lead us to believe he knew, and the sheep that followed his every word as gospel.
[quote][p][bold]mandrossian[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]old town robin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheDukeOfBanbury[/bold] wrote: Not all this s**t again. I thought we had seen the last of the yellow 3 wheeler.[/p][/quote]Like a bad smell, it still lingers. neither MsCrory or any of his cronies put more than a pound into our club but took a sizeable chunk out and another £300k to boot from Lee Power. One thing for sure it's highly unlikely McCrory's Seebeck 87 are about to do us any favours and invest in the club. The fact the 3 persons mentioned have links to the entertainment industry could mean they have ideas to relaunch the money losing concerts. Personally I hope Lee shows them the way out and doesn't have anything to do with them,[/p][/quote]This is somewhat unfair. Jed stepped in when no-one else was interested, he got Lee Power involved as an investor. If it wasn't for 'McCrory and his cronies' We would have gone bust. Also I seriously doubt that they made any money out of us.[/p][/quote]Was there concrete proof of these alleged monies taken - or just Fredi and his twist on what he knew, or lead us to believe he knew, and the sheep that followed his every word as gospel. Chish and Fips
  • Score: -3

8:23am Fri 18 Apr 14

CraftyPig says...

This is the story I expected on April 1st, maybe the Adver were just slow getting it up online!!
This is the story I expected on April 1st, maybe the Adver were just slow getting it up online!! CraftyPig
  • Score: 1

8:28am Fri 18 Apr 14

6degreessouth says...

A statement from LP asap please
A statement from LP asap please 6degreessouth
  • Score: 1

8:31am Fri 18 Apr 14

John Young's Grumpy says...

Sorry everyone but the clue is in the "confusion" piece. There is no point in speculating or reaching for the doom and gloom banners until we know the facts. Also, it will all be about the 'controlling' bit I.e the Chair and owner. If Seebeck don't have either then veto springs to mind.......
Sorry everyone but the clue is in the "confusion" piece. There is no point in speculating or reaching for the doom and gloom banners until we know the facts. Also, it will all be about the 'controlling' bit I.e the Chair and owner. If Seebeck don't have either then veto springs to mind....... John Young's Grumpy
  • Score: 3

8:32am Fri 18 Apr 14

The Jockster says...

the wizard wrote:
Jedco, about as welcome as something not-nice stuck to the bottom of your shoe, and the smell is about the same too/poo.
Should they show up, I hope they get a sound booing from the crowd and plenty of verbals to make their stay about as unwelcome as it can be. SCUM.

I don't think Jed or Muriel will get the open arms welcome they received from some last time around as they have been exposed for what they are, unwelcome. They are here for one reason, and one reason only, to fleece this club like Jed did before. Why is it most of us just distrust anything to do with people from Luton ! of this ilk.
How times have changed Wiz - it wasn't that long ago was it you were telling all us Jed doubters that you'd done your due dilligence on Jed and encouraged us to do the same, and you'd found Jed smelling of roses and he and his crew were kosher?
I'm afraid that,as we've yet still to see the promised audit results from "Shah I tell them the truth" I remain sceptical regarding whoever is actually in control of the club.
[quote][p][bold]the wizard[/bold] wrote: Jedco, about as welcome as something not-nice stuck to the bottom of your shoe, and the smell is about the same too/poo. Should they show up, I hope they get a sound booing from the crowd and plenty of verbals to make their stay about as unwelcome as it can be. SCUM. I don't think Jed or Muriel will get the open arms welcome they received from some last time around as they have been exposed for what they are, unwelcome. They are here for one reason, and one reason only, to fleece this club like Jed did before. Why is it most of us just distrust anything to do with people from Luton ! of this ilk.[/p][/quote]How times have changed Wiz - it wasn't that long ago was it you were telling all us Jed doubters that you'd done your due dilligence on Jed and encouraged us to do the same, and you'd found Jed smelling of roses and he and his crew were kosher? I'm afraid that,as we've yet still to see the promised audit results from "Shah I tell them the truth" I remain sceptical regarding whoever is actually in control of the club. The Jockster
  • Score: 2

8:34am Fri 18 Apr 14

John Young's Grumpy says...

..... also I am bemused by what they, Seebeck, have in terms of rights, if as the banner headline says they are a "former" holding company.

Hey Ho.... The dollar coaster ride that is supporting Swindon Town!!!
..... also I am bemused by what they, Seebeck, have in terms of rights, if as the banner headline says they are a "former" holding company. Hey Ho.... The dollar coaster ride that is supporting Swindon Town!!! John Young's Grumpy
  • Score: 0

8:34am Fri 18 Apr 14

Wilesy says...

Difficult to speculate on the reasons behind this, will wait to hear something official. Might have said it is good news with a potential investor getting introduced, but as Power and Shah weren't there it doesn't sound good, unless the agreement when Power took over was 'come back when you've got some money' and they're just having a look about.
Difficult to speculate on the reasons behind this, will wait to hear something official. Might have said it is good news with a potential investor getting introduced, but as Power and Shah weren't there it doesn't sound good, unless the agreement when Power took over was 'come back when you've got some money' and they're just having a look about. Wilesy
  • Score: 0

8:37am Fri 18 Apr 14

umpcah says...

old town robin wrote:
How come Fredi didn't give us the low down on this. Lol.
Sack him !
[quote][p][bold]old town robin[/bold] wrote: How come Fredi didn't give us the low down on this. Lol.[/p][/quote]Sack him ! umpcah
  • Score: 2

8:51am Fri 18 Apr 14

TheDukeOfBanbury says...

It's the time of the season ticket money going into the Bank........
Oh here comes Jed again with more Luton Kings bearing gifts.
It's the time of the season ticket money going into the Bank........ Oh here comes Jed again with more Luton Kings bearing gifts. TheDukeOfBanbury
  • Score: 5

8:51am Fri 18 Apr 14

who am i says...

Chish and Fips wrote:
mandrossian wrote:
old town robin wrote:
TheDukeOfBanbury wrote:
Not all this s**t again.
I thought we had seen the last of the yellow 3 wheeler.
Like a bad smell, it still lingers. neither MsCrory or any of his cronies put more than a pound into our club but took a sizeable chunk out and another £300k to boot from Lee Power.

One thing for sure it's highly unlikely McCrory's Seebeck 87 are about to do us any favours and invest in the club. The fact the 3 persons mentioned have links to the entertainment industry could mean they have ideas to relaunch the money losing concerts. Personally I hope Lee shows them the way out and doesn't have anything to do with them,
This is somewhat unfair. Jed stepped in when no-one else was interested, he got Lee Power involved as an investor. If it wasn't for 'McCrory and his cronies' We would have gone bust.
Also I seriously doubt that they made any money out of us.
Was there concrete proof of these alleged monies taken - or just Fredi and his twist on what he knew, or lead us to believe he knew, and the sheep that followed his every word as gospel.
or the sheep that followed evey jedi word i seem to think there were plenty, there were only a few of us that didnt. and there are still people out there that beleive he did no wrong. deluded.
[quote][p][bold]Chish and Fips[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mandrossian[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]old town robin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheDukeOfBanbury[/bold] wrote: Not all this s**t again. I thought we had seen the last of the yellow 3 wheeler.[/p][/quote]Like a bad smell, it still lingers. neither MsCrory or any of his cronies put more than a pound into our club but took a sizeable chunk out and another £300k to boot from Lee Power. One thing for sure it's highly unlikely McCrory's Seebeck 87 are about to do us any favours and invest in the club. The fact the 3 persons mentioned have links to the entertainment industry could mean they have ideas to relaunch the money losing concerts. Personally I hope Lee shows them the way out and doesn't have anything to do with them,[/p][/quote]This is somewhat unfair. Jed stepped in when no-one else was interested, he got Lee Power involved as an investor. If it wasn't for 'McCrory and his cronies' We would have gone bust. Also I seriously doubt that they made any money out of us.[/p][/quote]Was there concrete proof of these alleged monies taken - or just Fredi and his twist on what he knew, or lead us to believe he knew, and the sheep that followed his every word as gospel.[/p][/quote]or the sheep that followed evey jedi word i seem to think there were plenty, there were only a few of us that didnt. and there are still people out there that beleive he did no wrong. deluded. who am i
  • Score: 11

8:58am Fri 18 Apr 14

the don69 says...

The problem is chaps none of them, when it comes to buying football clubs got a pot to p1ss in and that includes Power! Cowboy hats at the ready and let the gunfight commence!!!!!!!!!!!!
!
The problem is chaps none of them, when it comes to buying football clubs got a pot to p1ss in and that includes Power! Cowboy hats at the ready and let the gunfight commence!!!!!!!!!!!! ! the don69
  • Score: -5

9:07am Fri 18 Apr 14

Oi Den! says...

the don69 wrote:
The problem is chaps none of them, when it comes to buying football clubs got a pot to p1ss in and that includes Power! Cowboy hats at the ready and let the gunfight commence!!!!!!!!!!!!

!
Well Don, Power's certainly got a bigger pot than most of us. It's also obviously bigger than McCrory's, otherwise McCrory wouldn't have needed Power's money in the first place. Power might not be everyone's cup of tea but at least he's been straight with the fans. He seems to working in the best interests of the club. The Nelson Mandela House Mob told us so many porkies I'd be very concerned if they came back.
[quote][p][bold]the don69[/bold] wrote: The problem is chaps none of them, when it comes to buying football clubs got a pot to p1ss in and that includes Power! Cowboy hats at the ready and let the gunfight commence!!!!!!!!!!!! ![/p][/quote]Well Don, Power's certainly got a bigger pot than most of us. It's also obviously bigger than McCrory's, otherwise McCrory wouldn't have needed Power's money in the first place. Power might not be everyone's cup of tea but at least he's been straight with the fans. He seems to working in the best interests of the club. The Nelson Mandela House Mob told us so many porkies I'd be very concerned if they came back. Oi Den!
  • Score: 15

9:26am Fri 18 Apr 14

supersaver says...

Who needs theme parks
We've got STFC

Was that PDC I saw walk past !!!!!
Who needs theme parks We've got STFC Was that PDC I saw walk past !!!!! supersaver
  • Score: 1

9:28am Fri 18 Apr 14

grove red says...

I would like a statement from power asap to clear all this up once and for all.
Also would like to know a bit more from the football league about the fit and proper persons test seems anyone can own a football club.
I would like a statement from power asap to clear all this up once and for all. Also would like to know a bit more from the football league about the fit and proper persons test seems anyone can own a football club. grove red
  • Score: 2

9:39am Fri 18 Apr 14

the don69 says...

Oi Den! wrote:
the don69 wrote:
The problem is chaps none of them, when it comes to buying football clubs got a pot to p1ss in and that includes Power! Cowboy hats at the ready and let the gunfight commence!!!!!!!!!!!!


!
Well Don, Power's certainly got a bigger pot than most of us. It's also obviously bigger than McCrory's, otherwise McCrory wouldn't have needed Power's money in the first place. Power might not be everyone's cup of tea but at least he's been straight with the fans. He seems to working in the best interests of the club. The Nelson Mandela House Mob told us so many porkies I'd be very concerned if they came back.
Yeah Powers got a few bob Den! but in football club terms it's peanuts, don't get me wrong Powers done a good job, but to move us on and hopefully up we need investment,take Bornmuff look what good investment has done for them! but their running at a huge loss, Power needs to find an investor with a large pot to p1ss in and yes your right not Jeds gang of paupers, he lives in the tax exile of Switzerland where a hell of a lot of people stash their billions, maybe he should look there Den!!!!!!!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the don69[/bold] wrote: The problem is chaps none of them, when it comes to buying football clubs got a pot to p1ss in and that includes Power! Cowboy hats at the ready and let the gunfight commence!!!!!!!!!!!! ![/p][/quote]Well Don, Power's certainly got a bigger pot than most of us. It's also obviously bigger than McCrory's, otherwise McCrory wouldn't have needed Power's money in the first place. Power might not be everyone's cup of tea but at least he's been straight with the fans. He seems to working in the best interests of the club. The Nelson Mandela House Mob told us so many porkies I'd be very concerned if they came back.[/p][/quote]Yeah Powers got a few bob Den! but in football club terms it's peanuts, don't get me wrong Powers done a good job, but to move us on and hopefully up we need investment,take Bornmuff look what good investment has done for them! but their running at a huge loss, Power needs to find an investor with a large pot to p1ss in and yes your right not Jeds gang of paupers, he lives in the tax exile of Switzerland where a hell of a lot of people stash their billions, maybe he should look there Den!!!!!!!!!!! the don69
  • Score: 0

10:00am Fri 18 Apr 14

london paolo says...

I just hope that all the Jedda arse lickers don't let the wool get pulled over their eyes a second time. Jedda and his **** crew need to be made as welcome in Swindon as a **** in a phone box.
I just hope that all the Jedda arse lickers don't let the wool get pulled over their eyes a second time. Jedda and his **** crew need to be made as welcome in Swindon as a **** in a phone box. london paolo
  • Score: 5

10:06am Fri 18 Apr 14

Haydonender says...

Not more of this shady garbage, thought this was all done with.

Since neither has substantial funds, all I care about is the owner being straight with the fans with no BS so I would rather Power all day long.
Not more of this shady garbage, thought this was all done with. Since neither has substantial funds, all I care about is the owner being straight with the fans with no BS so I would rather Power all day long. Haydonender
  • Score: 5

10:06am Fri 18 Apr 14

STFConyourpitch says...

mandrossian wrote:
old town robin wrote:
TheDukeOfBanbury wrote:
Not all this s**t again.
I thought we had seen the last of the yellow 3 wheeler.
Like a bad smell, it still lingers. neither MsCrory or any of his cronies put more than a pound into our club but took a sizeable chunk out and another £300k to boot from Lee Power.

One thing for sure it's highly unlikely McCrory's Seebeck 87 are about to do us any favours and invest in the club. The fact the 3 persons mentioned have links to the entertainment industry could mean they have ideas to relaunch the money losing concerts. Personally I hope Lee shows them the way out and doesn't have anything to do with them,
This is somewhat unfair. Jed stepped in when no-one else was interested, he got Lee Power involved as an investor. If it wasn't for 'McCrory and his cronies' We would have gone bust.
Also I seriously doubt that they made any money out of us.
McCory my dear lad invested nothing into the club but only took money out of the club. Him and his cronies bought new Mercedes with the money. Power was the only one investing. By the way "stood in when no one else wanted us" is not true. Andrew Black said that he would sell to the person who he could complete the deal fastest with. We had many coming in but sadly we had these guys.
[quote][p][bold]mandrossian[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]old town robin[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TheDukeOfBanbury[/bold] wrote: Not all this s**t again. I thought we had seen the last of the yellow 3 wheeler.[/p][/quote]Like a bad smell, it still lingers. neither MsCrory or any of his cronies put more than a pound into our club but took a sizeable chunk out and another £300k to boot from Lee Power. One thing for sure it's highly unlikely McCrory's Seebeck 87 are about to do us any favours and invest in the club. The fact the 3 persons mentioned have links to the entertainment industry could mean they have ideas to relaunch the money losing concerts. Personally I hope Lee shows them the way out and doesn't have anything to do with them,[/p][/quote]This is somewhat unfair. Jed stepped in when no-one else was interested, he got Lee Power involved as an investor. If it wasn't for 'McCrory and his cronies' We would have gone bust. Also I seriously doubt that they made any money out of us.[/p][/quote]McCory my dear lad invested nothing into the club but only took money out of the club. Him and his cronies bought new Mercedes with the money. Power was the only one investing. By the way "stood in when no one else wanted us" is not true. Andrew Black said that he would sell to the person who he could complete the deal fastest with. We had many coming in but sadly we had these guys. STFConyourpitch
  • Score: 6

10:07am Fri 18 Apr 14

lifelong red says...

I'm quite happy with Lee Power , he's put his money where his mouth is - and his vision for the future of this club is a good one .We don't need anyone coming in and upsetting the apple cart . But as a word of caution , as said above- won't rest to easily until this audit issue comes out.
I'm quite happy with Lee Power , he's put his money where his mouth is - and his vision for the future of this club is a good one .We don't need anyone coming in and upsetting the apple cart . But as a word of caution , as said above- won't rest to easily until this audit issue comes out. lifelong red
  • Score: 6

10:17am Fri 18 Apr 14

the wizard says...

The Jockster wrote:
the wizard wrote:
Jedco, about as welcome as something not-nice stuck to the bottom of your shoe, and the smell is about the same too/poo.
Should they show up, I hope they get a sound booing from the crowd and plenty of verbals to make their stay about as unwelcome as it can be. SCUM.

I don't think Jed or Muriel will get the open arms welcome they received from some last time around as they have been exposed for what they are, unwelcome. They are here for one reason, and one reason only, to fleece this club like Jed did before. Why is it most of us just distrust anything to do with people from Luton ! of this ilk.
How times have changed Wiz - it wasn't that long ago was it you were telling all us Jed doubters that you'd done your due dilligence on Jed and encouraged us to do the same, and you'd found Jed smelling of roses and he and his crew were kosher?
I'm afraid that,as we've yet still to see the promised audit results from "Shah I tell them the truth" I remain sceptical regarding whoever is actually in control of the club.
But Jock, you told me and gave me your pearls of wisdom, and it is armed with those that influenced my judgement to your way of thinking, lol.

Given the choice of the two, Power or Jed, for me Power wins it every time. However as Grumpy John Young says, the article is misleading to say the least. Somehow I feel Power hasn't pumped in all that money to see it go and lose it, meanwhile has Jed just stumbled into money ? I'd prefer Power to remain here, in charge, and the enlightened among us just how Jed would, come into money, lol.
[quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the wizard[/bold] wrote: Jedco, about as welcome as something not-nice stuck to the bottom of your shoe, and the smell is about the same too/poo. Should they show up, I hope they get a sound booing from the crowd and plenty of verbals to make their stay about as unwelcome as it can be. SCUM. I don't think Jed or Muriel will get the open arms welcome they received from some last time around as they have been exposed for what they are, unwelcome. They are here for one reason, and one reason only, to fleece this club like Jed did before. Why is it most of us just distrust anything to do with people from Luton ! of this ilk.[/p][/quote]How times have changed Wiz - it wasn't that long ago was it you were telling all us Jed doubters that you'd done your due dilligence on Jed and encouraged us to do the same, and you'd found Jed smelling of roses and he and his crew were kosher? I'm afraid that,as we've yet still to see the promised audit results from "Shah I tell them the truth" I remain sceptical regarding whoever is actually in control of the club.[/p][/quote]But Jock, you told me and gave me your pearls of wisdom, and it is armed with those that influenced my judgement to your way of thinking, lol. Given the choice of the two, Power or Jed, for me Power wins it every time. However as Grumpy John Young says, the article is misleading to say the least. Somehow I feel Power hasn't pumped in all that money to see it go and lose it, meanwhile has Jed just stumbled into money ? I'd prefer Power to remain here, in charge, and the enlightened among us just how Jed would, come into money, lol. the wizard
  • Score: 4

10:26am Fri 18 Apr 14

old town robin says...

I think most would agree that Lee Power has done a fine job as the Technical Director and as the majority shareholder and leader of the board, there has been stability and clarity in everything he has done to date, I have nothing but admiration for resolving some of the mess he was left to clean up from the past, such as the Adam Rooney affair to name just one of the problems others turned a blind eye to.

As others have said Lee needs to make a statement and reiterate that he is still the majority shareholder and owner, IMO yes we do need more investment, especially if we want to re-develop the County Ground or even move to another location as nobody expects Lee to have the money to embark in either of those directions.

None of us know too much about these proposed new board members give them the benefit of the doubt that they may well be innocent parties in being sold an investment opportunity. But I doubt anyone really believes that Seebeck have any other intentions than to make money for their board members out of our club. how they think they are going to achieve that remains to be seen.
I think most would agree that Lee Power has done a fine job as the Technical Director and as the majority shareholder and leader of the board, there has been stability and clarity in everything he has done to date, I have nothing but admiration for resolving some of the mess he was left to clean up from the past, such as the Adam Rooney affair to name just one of the problems others turned a blind eye to. As others have said Lee needs to make a statement and reiterate that he is still the majority shareholder and owner, IMO yes we do need more investment, especially if we want to re-develop the County Ground or even move to another location as nobody expects Lee to have the money to embark in either of those directions. None of us know too much about these proposed new board members give them the benefit of the doubt that they may well be innocent parties in being sold an investment opportunity. But I doubt anyone really believes that Seebeck have any other intentions than to make money for their board members out of our club. how they think they are going to achieve that remains to be seen. old town robin
  • Score: 4

11:26am Fri 18 Apr 14

candlestrobe says...

old town robin wrote:
How come Fredi didn't give us the low down on this. Lol.
Fredi disappeared around the same time as Advergate.
[quote][p][bold]old town robin[/bold] wrote: How come Fredi didn't give us the low down on this. Lol.[/p][/quote]Fredi disappeared around the same time as Advergate. candlestrobe
  • Score: 0

12:10pm Fri 18 Apr 14

Bassett Hound says...

It looks like court battles ahead for who owns STFC. Lee Powers Swinton Reds or McCrorys Seebeck 87,and these can take forever.

Just what we don't want coming up to contract talks and summer aquisitions.
Things did not seem straight forward when LP took control from JMc ,now we know it wasn't . Seems the Audit will make interesting reading when we get to see it.
It looks like court battles ahead for who owns STFC. Lee Powers Swinton Reds or McCrorys Seebeck 87,and these can take forever. Just what we don't want coming up to contract talks and summer aquisitions. Things did not seem straight forward when LP took control from JMc ,now we know it wasn't . Seems the Audit will make interesting reading when we get to see it. Bassett Hound
  • Score: -1

12:11pm Fri 18 Apr 14

buckobassettboy says...

The Jockster wrote:
the wizard wrote:
Jedco, about as welcome as something not-nice stuck to the bottom of your shoe, and the smell is about the same too/poo.
Should they show up, I hope they get a sound booing from the crowd and plenty of verbals to make their stay about as unwelcome as it can be. SCUM.

I don't think Jed or Muriel will get the open arms welcome they received from some last time around as they have been exposed for what they are, unwelcome. They are here for one reason, and one reason only, to fleece this club like Jed did before. Why is it most of us just distrust anything to do with people from Luton ! of this ilk.
How times have changed Wiz - it wasn't that long ago was it you were telling all us Jed doubters that you'd done your due dilligence on Jed and encouraged us to do the same, and you'd found Jed smelling of roses and he and his crew were kosher?
I'm afraid that,as we've yet still to see the promised audit results from "Shah I tell them the truth" I remain sceptical regarding whoever is actually in control of the club.
So the drains are blocked again and more s8ite floats to the surface.PDC and his team have long gone but his management team and advisors appear to have been a canny lot-saw through every smoke screen and walked to preserve some sort of integrity.Forget the Sunderland fiasco-it was a step to quick for PDC.Power,Jed-the whole lot are as thick as thieves and do not have the heart or soul for the club in any shape or form.To them its business.Power was brought in by Jed so lets not kid ourselves about his association with any of this.Him and ''who's sari now'' were not to be seen at the County Ground is just another smoke screen.I bet their mobile phones are red hot
[quote][p][bold]The Jockster[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the wizard[/bold] wrote: Jedco, about as welcome as something not-nice stuck to the bottom of your shoe, and the smell is about the same too/poo. Should they show up, I hope they get a sound booing from the crowd and plenty of verbals to make their stay about as unwelcome as it can be. SCUM. I don't think Jed or Muriel will get the open arms welcome they received from some last time around as they have been exposed for what they are, unwelcome. They are here for one reason, and one reason only, to fleece this club like Jed did before. Why is it most of us just distrust anything to do with people from Luton ! of this ilk.[/p][/quote]How times have changed Wiz - it wasn't that long ago was it you were telling all us Jed doubters that you'd done your due dilligence on Jed and encouraged us to do the same, and you'd found Jed smelling of roses and he and his crew were kosher? I'm afraid that,as we've yet still to see the promised audit results from "Shah I tell them the truth" I remain sceptical regarding whoever is actually in control of the club.[/p][/quote]So the drains are blocked again and more s8ite floats to the surface.PDC and his team have long gone but his management team and advisors appear to have been a canny lot-saw through every smoke screen and walked to preserve some sort of integrity.Forget the Sunderland fiasco-it was a step to quick for PDC.Power,Jed-the whole lot are as thick as thieves and do not have the heart or soul for the club in any shape or form.To them its business.Power was brought in by Jed so lets not kid ourselves about his association with any of this.Him and ''who's sari now'' were not to be seen at the County Ground is just another smoke screen.I bet their mobile phones are red hot buckobassettboy
  • Score: -3

1:04pm Fri 18 Apr 14

lifelong red says...

Has anyone noticed- Sam said County Ground not S.N.1
Has anyone noticed- Sam said County Ground not S.N.1 lifelong red
  • Score: 1

2:58pm Fri 18 Apr 14

The Jockster says...

Just arrived at Sixfields and by chance spoke to a source connected to the club. Word is Murrell +2 +2 heavies turned up at CG yesterday staking a claim as directors in lieu. There apparently is a high court hearing on 29/4 to determine ownership and in the interim it appears Murrell +2 are being classed as "viewing directors" which means to date they have no input or say in the running of the club. So we'll have to watch this space.
Just arrived at Sixfields and by chance spoke to a source connected to the club. Word is Murrell +2 +2 heavies turned up at CG yesterday staking a claim as directors in lieu. There apparently is a high court hearing on 29/4 to determine ownership and in the interim it appears Murrell +2 are being classed as "viewing directors" which means to date they have no input or say in the running of the club. So we'll have to watch this space. The Jockster
  • Score: 0

7:53pm Fri 18 Apr 14

bradley red 1 says...

Well,Well,Well,this could seriously see the club put into administration imo,a real farce continues and i hope if mcrorey and his cronies return they will be told in no uncertain terms of where to go!!! from day one i knew this would all end in trouble,sad and troubled times ahead i really hate to say.(swindon town follower for over 30 years)
Well,Well,Well,this could seriously see the club put into administration imo,a real farce continues and i hope if mcrorey and his cronies return they will be told in no uncertain terms of where to go!!! from day one i knew this would all end in trouble,sad and troubled times ahead i really hate to say.(swindon town follower for over 30 years) bradley red 1
  • Score: 2

8:11pm Fri 18 Apr 14

Davethered says...

The clubs been doing quite nicely for the past few months . The Luton has beens have left and all seemed good . You've gone and we don't want you lot back. Think there might be a demo at the next game. You're no good for our club , go away.
The clubs been doing quite nicely for the past few months . The Luton has beens have left and all seemed good . You've gone and we don't want you lot back. Think there might be a demo at the next game. You're no good for our club , go away. Davethered
  • Score: 1

10:46pm Fri 18 Apr 14

LeGod says...

Don't want JED and his conies back they were only here for one reason to line their own pockets. Power has done a good job since all that lit went and I for one don't want any of them back at the club.
This will only cause uncertainty with the players who we are trying to get to stay and attract to the club and I think as fans we need to make our feelings known to this bunch of crooks how we feel.
Don't want JED and his conies back they were only here for one reason to line their own pockets. Power has done a good job since all that lit went and I for one don't want any of them back at the club. This will only cause uncertainty with the players who we are trying to get to stay and attract to the club and I think as fans we need to make our feelings known to this bunch of crooks how we feel. LeGod
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree