A FOURTH successive South West One East victory kept Chippenham's pursuit of leaders Old Patesians on the rails on Saturday as the Allington Field men swamped hosts Swindon 64-12.

The visitors came flying out of the blocks with real purpose and within five minutes flanker Matt Dickens had taken a long pass from Charlie Palmer and crossed the whitewash.

Moments later Dickens was at it again after the pack had demonstrated impressive handling skills to provide the ball.

Scrum-half Tom Fogerty then finished off a quick break in the centre of the park by Lewis Surry and Jacob Unwin.

In the second quarter of the match, Chippenham’s forward started to rumble again, loose head prop Charlie Newman popping up out on the wing score the next try.

Centre Unwin then scored under the sticks after receiving a sharp inside pass from Will Waddington before fly-half Surry collected the ball from the back of the ruck to scored the sixth try before half-time.

The visitors brought on Ed Hendy, Dan Wainwright and Miles Davies off the bench after the break and Unwin's second try got the scoreboard moving again.

Sean Johnson then scored on an uncontested run to the line after more sharp passing before full-back Waddington danced through for a try and then added a second.

Swindon hit back with two consolation scores late on.

Royal Wootton Bassett put a halt to a run of two successive defeats as they defeated Marlow 39-17 at Ballards Ash.

The visitors put Bassett under early pressure and went over for the opening try, which was converted, in the third minute.

But Bassett, for whom skipper David Hogg and centre Michael Barrell were out injured, immediately went up the other end and a sequence of drives saw flanker Phil Bardwell drive over near the corner to reduce the deficit.

Marlow continued to attack with the lion's share of possession and added a penalty and although Bassett gradually began to get back into the match but it was late in the half before a Tom Fieldsend penalty and a brace of tries from veteran second row Chris Patterson, one converted by Fieldsend, for a 20-10 home lead.

The bonus-point try arrived in the 55th minute when Patterson pirouetted through the defence to complete his hat-trick, Fieldsend again converting.

Marlow immediately hit back with a converted try to reduce the gap to 27-17 but as they tired Bassett grabbed two late scores.

A quick tap penalty from full-back Fin Dewar released Josh MacCafferty who ran through the defence from 25 metres, Fieldsend converting.

Then in added time, Dewar went on a mazy run, outwitting the defence.