PEWSEY Vale emphatically put some recent inconsistent form behind them as they hammered Swindon 2nd 95-3 in Dorset & Wilts One North on Saturday.

The hapless visitors were on the back foot for the entire 80 minutes as Pewsey delivered a power-packed display to go close to three figures.

Five minutes in, from a Pewsey scrum, quick ball to centre Ben Bowman saw him break through the defensive line to offload to wing Will Bowerman who sprinted in for the try, converted by fly-half James Haynes.

Five minutes later, following a turnover scrum, wing Harry Purdie kicked ahead from halfway and the ball was gathered by centre Jamie Fox who hit the whitewash out wide.

From the restart Pewsey surged forward, keeping possession all the way downfield with full-back Pete Baird claiming the five points, Haynes adding the extras.

Shortly after Pewsey were penalised for holding on which allowed Swindon their three points but in the last 15 minutes of the first half Vale scored two tries.

First, following a lineout ball taken on by lock Mike Paddick who crashed through the visitors’ defence. The ball was set perfectly for Haynes to score a converted try. Fox went in for his second try just before the half-time whistle for a 31-3 lead.

In the second half with the wind at their backs, Pewsey scored 64 unanswered points including 10 tries, seven of which were converted.

From the restart Vale kicked off, won the ball and fed wide to Bowerman, who finished off with a try.

In the next 20 minutes props Tom Baish and Guy Ellis scored a try apiece, while Haynes finished the third quarter with his second converted score.

Six converted tries in the last quarter completed the rout.

Bowman crossed for a debut try, followed by hooker Jeremy Horton. Haynes then added a further two tries to take his tally to four.

The last two tries went to the forwards with Paddick crashing over, followed by Horton in for his second.

Minety, in contrast, were forced to grind out their 13-8 success against Chippenham 2nd.

They opened the scoring in the 17th minute with a fine team try.

Ben Collins took a lineout and number eight Andrew Hibbard and Colin French made ground in centre field.

Skipper Tom Claxton and centre Ben Sellick continued the move and when scrum-half Garin Garland spotted a gap at a ruck he burst through, drawing the full-back before releasing to winger Dave Cooke who outpaced the remaining defence to score.

Garland kicked the conversion but Minety were reduced to 14 men when centre Dave Church was yellow-carded, eventually resulting in Chippenham crashing over for an unconverted try before half-time.

Garland swept home a 30-metre penalty kick after the break and, after missing a second effort, was on target again near the end to wrap nup victory, Chippenham adding a late drop goal.

Minety coach Hywel Rees said: “We’ll take that after the recent loss at Trowbridge, but we can do better.

"It was a tremendous effort to stop a powerful Chippenham team crossing the line more than once but we should have had that game in the bag long before the final 10 minutes of play.”