ON A day of upsets and incredible fightbacks, both of last term's AM Print & Copy-sponsored A&B Cup finalists crashed out of this season’s competition at the second-round stage.

Holders Stockton & Codford suffered a 4-2 loss at home to Hilperton United while Luxol St Andrews, who they beat 2-0 in the final, lost 3-2 to Trowbridge Town Reserves, who fought back from 2-0 down at the break.

A brilliant 25-yard free kick from Ryan Underwood a Tom Blackman effort gave Hilperton a 2-0 half-time the lead at Stockton, who were back on level terms after just six minutes of the second half courtesy of two Brandan Hind free kicks.

Graham Griffiths regained the lead for Hilperton and a second from Blackman late on sealed the win for Jason Rose’s side.

Trowbridge Town Reserves found themselves 2-0 down at the break at Luxol St Andrews to goals from Nick Taylor and Jamie Hancock, but they responded well in the second period and battled back to claim an incredible 3-2 win.

Natt Morgan started the Town fightback and then levelled matters with a sublime 20-yard strike before the incredible turnaround was completed by Tyler Dagger.

First-half goals from Kai Bush and Sean Fordham were enough to get Melksham Town A over the line at Calne Eagles who, despite a second-half Will Gale effort, suffered a 2-1 loss.

Heytesbury progressed to the quarter-finals after overcoming second division stablemates Greyhound 5-0.

The visitors to Clarendon Academy made the perfect start and were ahead on four minutes when Charlie Waylan found the net from the tightest of angles.

Craig Sheppard’s three-timer and Jamie Howse completed Heytesbury’s 5-0 success.

Aces came out on top at fellow second division opponents South Newton & Wishford, needing extra time before claiming their 8-4 victory.

Dan Hatcher scored Aces goal in a first half that ended 1-1.

Viajay Manro and a second from Hatcher after the break saw the 90 minutes finish at 3-3. Extra time went the way of Aces, two further goals from both Hatcher and Manro and a Mike Little effort wrapped up the win for Aces.

Three Daggers progressed to the final eight thanks to a 5-1 win over Zeals.

Drew Adams put Daggers ahead after being set up by Phil Hampson. Liam Yates was on hand to assist Jon Hogarth for Daggers second before Jack Hayward scored number three.

After the break, Hogarth turned provider for Hampson who added number and Adams who started the scoring completed it after great support from Hayward. Steve Wyatt was Zeals lone marksman.

Three down away at the interval away at Warminster Town Reserves, Chris Birleson’s makeshift Freshford United must have thought they were heading out of the cup.

But a battling performance by the villagers turned the game on its head as they claimed a 4-3 win.

Tom Martin and a Thomas Welch double gave Warminster their lead.

Kubilay De’Vanney with his first ever Freshford goal started the comeback. Andy Backman, making a rare appearance, headed home a second and Dave Percival restored parity before Nick Ross rifled home from 18 yards to earn Freshford victory.