Michael Flynn said that his Swindon Town side stuck together to earn a point during their 1-1 draw against Harrogate Town.

Jake Young scored for a fourth consecutive match to give Swindon the lead at the break with a delicious curling strike from outside the box. 

But Jack Muldoon notched in the second half after being afforded space on the edge of the area to send a strike into the bottom corner of the net meaning both sides came away with a point each.

Flynn felt that his side turned in a performance that was better than recent weeks, but made sure to point out that his team still had a ways to go to get back to their form of earlier in the season.

He said: "We have started the second half poorly and given them the impetus, which is something we have done a number of times now after going in at half-time winning.

"Once they got the equaliser, for five minutes you are fearing the worst, but they stuck together.

"They stuck together and I think the performance deserved more than a point.

"I know Murphy [Mahoney] has made some good saves and Williams [Kokolo] goes through.

"During the game, apart from that 20 minutes, I am not trying to kid anyone, we were poor, I am honest enough with the players about when they could do better and for that 20 to 25 minutes they could have.

"We started too slow and didn't get up the pitch and we paid the price for it because we conceded from a free shot on the edge of the box.

"There were things we can improve on and I am frustrated because that group have given us everything."

Flynn had been particularly disappointed with the grit and want to do what is necessary to win from his side against Stockport County last weekend.

Assistant manager Wayne Hatswell had echoed that point about needing a "defensive mindset" in the pre-match press conference yesterday, and Flynn felt that was improved against Harrogate, even if there was still room for growth.

Flynn said: "100 per cent we have seen more of it today, but still not to the levels that we expect and want.

"Even the one where they have put the cross in and it has gone all the way out, that was because everybody was touch tight, so nobody had a free run at it and the ball has gone straight out of play instead of somebody tapping it in the back of our net.

"We were a lot tighter, but the stupid throw-in at the end of the game, I could coach 23 hours a day and be given an hour's sleep and I still couldn't explain how that has happened.

"That comes down to the mentality, the leadership, and knowing that you can't switch off at any time.

"If we do we are usually getting punished, but fortunately we got away with that one today."