MELKSHAM Town recovered from consecutive defeats in Southern League Division One South by securing a 1-1 draw at home to Larkhall Athletic on Saturday.

Mac Boyd made an early save for Melksham at Oakfield Stadium, but Larkhall went on to take the lead in the 44th minute through Brad Norris.

Town - who have now only won once in their past seven league games - began brightly in the second half though and deservedly grabbed their equaliser in the 64th minute via Jay Malshanskyj.

Despite mounting pressure from the hosts, Melksham were unable to find a winner in the closing stages.

Meanwhile, division rivals Westbury United lost 1-0 away to Bristol Manor Farm at the weekend after a 70th-minute Jake Gosling penalty proved to be the difference.

United bounced back in style on Tuesday night though with a 5-2 success over Royal Wootton Bassett Town in the first round of the Wiltshire Premier Shield.

Hours after announcing the signing of prolific striker Gary Higdon from Corsham Town, Westbury went behind against Bassett - Matt Jones scored the first of his two on the night in the fourth minute.

But a sensational 30-yard volley from Joe Stradling pulled Westbury level shortly after, and Harvey Flippance nudged United ahead before half-time.

Jones replied for Bassett with his own special strike at the start of the second half, but Westbury ran away with the win courtesy of three goals in the last five minutes plus stoppage time.

Charlie Walton added a third goal for Westbury before Higdon netted on his debut prior to added time. Ryan Bole headed in a fifth to seal the result.

In the Hellenic League Premier Division, Bassett drew 2-2 at home to Worcester Raiders on Saturday. Landon Golding netted Bassett's first before Jones equalised in the 87th minute.

Elsewhere, Bradford Town won a thriller against Hereford Pegasus 4-3 on Saturday.

From 3-0 down, two goals from Seth Wain brought the Bobcats back to within a goal, before Bevan Cross equalised before the hour mark. Jasper Jones then won the game for Bradford in the 95th minute.

Corsham Town's win featured the same number of goals overall but far less drama, thanks to a 6-1 success over Lydney Town.

Lewis Thompson scored for Lydney - who also saw Finn Maguire-Hamblett sent off - but a brace from Niekell Plummer was added to by Oliver Pitt, Dan and Callum Demkiv, and substitute Chris Allen as Kieran Baggs' men ran away with victory.