PREMIER DIVISION: Robson Taylor, Chippenham Sunday League Premier Division pacesetters Biddestone Social preserved their five point advantage over defending champions Corsham Centre A after both side picked up two victories in four days.

Biddestone beat third placed Westbury Rangers A 2-1 on Thursday night to all but end Rangers interest in the title race. An own goal from Nick Mead who helped Danny Jones shot into the net early on put Biddy ahead. Marc Lanfear brought Rangers level before the break and a rarity from Mike Few four minutes from time won Biddestone another vital two points. Biddestone defeated Maud Heath Sports 5-1 at the weekend but the scoreline could have been a lot more had the woodwork not save the sports on numerous occasions after Darren Holcombe had put them ahead from the penalty spot on 25 minutes. Shortly after Holcombe's spot kick Danny Jones headed against the bar and when Jamie Lyons snap shot crashed against the woodwork on 49 minutes Biddestone could have been forgiven for thinking that it might be their day, but on 65 minutes they fashioned an equaliser which saw Lyons fire home from 14 yards. Biddestone took the lead in the 78th minute when Steve Casey's shot deflected in and from then on the Sports heads dropped and Dan Lardner made it 3-1 two minutes later and within a minute Biddestone were 4-1 in front after Lyons scored his second of the game when he converted from the penalty spot after Rob Pocock had been upended. Danny Jones completed the scoring in the 86th minute when he finished of well at the far post and that came after Mike Few rasped a 25 yarder against the frame of the goal. Biddestone missed out on a sixth, when for a fourth time the woodwork came to the rescue of Maud Heath this time Gary Banks was the unlucky player that saw his long-range effort rattle the post.

Corsham Centre A are breathing down the necks of Biddestone Social and with the two teams matching each other win for win their is still a lot of football to be played before the campaign reaches its climax. Goals from Shane Godsell and Simon Gray earned the Centre a 2-0 success over fierce rivals Box Rovers in midweek that saw them overcome a potential banana skin to their hopes of claiming a third straight top flight winners crown. The Centre were set for another tricky game on Sunday when they hosted Semington Rovers for who player/manager Allan Clarke was a colossus but his efforts and that of his players were unable to prevent the visitors to Meriton Avenue from losing 4-1. The first 45 minutes saw the Centre full of enterprise and Simon Gray's looping headed from an inch perfect cross from the impressive Ben Moore opened the scoring on 20 minutes. Dan Kings played in fellow 16-year-old Tom Lye for number two and Tom Lye headed home number on 40 minutes for his 10th goal in just seven appearances for the Centre first team after making his name while playing for the reserves in Division four. The Centre changed things around in the second period and Dan Young was one of three substitutes introduced by manager Pete Ralph and although he didn't scored he continued his rich vein of form and had another fine game. The Centre added their fourth on 70 minutes when James Lye who had played the first 55 minutes in goal head home a Ross Lye corner. Semington scored a deserve consolation in the 85th minute via Bobby Mitchell and only a smart save from replacement keeper Matt Ralph denied Semington a second as he kept scoreline at 4-1.

Westbury Rangers A bounced back from their Thursday night defeat against Biddestone Social, with a 1-0 win away at Bradford News who had defeated North Star A 5-1 in midweek to move off the foot of the table, but their loss coupled with a win for North Star saw them drop back to the basement. Mark Maguire and Tom Downing both scored doubles against the Star and Harry Hamlin's single made up the five that gave the Newsmen their first victory on the road for the first time since December 2006. Marc Lanfear scored Rangers goal against a depleted Bradford side after six minutes, but not for the first time this term had they had someone who knew where the nest was then they might have got something from the game, Martin Powell had a good chance for the Newsmen but hit the post and when the ball game back to him he knocked the rebound wide. Ashley Merchant also went close but shot straight at Ranger's keeper Nathan Taylor when he should have done better. The Newsmen have two matches left in which to get out of trouble one against local rivals Dog & Fox Ashley and the other against leaders Biddestone, and it will be a big ask of them to get anything from either game.

North Star A have had a mixed eight days, having beaten Bradford News 2-0 last Sunday, they saw them News turn the tables on them on Thursday Night when they lost 5-2, but they had an amazing victory this weekend they defeated Dog & Fox Ashley 7-1 to move out of the relegation zone and put the onus on both Maud Heath Sports and Bradford News to come up with the results to deny them another season in the top flight. The Dog arrived at Priestley Grove with only nine players and with the numerical disadvantage held their host to a goalless draw from a long time but after half an hour they were up to 10 men and soon after they fell behind to a Michael Bell goal who drove home a 30 yard thunderbolt to give the Star a 1-0 half time lead. The second period saw the Dog up to 11 players and that was when they seemed to lose their way as Mark Sharratt doubled the Star's advantage before a Pete Thornton double put them in total command. Steve Roddy pulled a goal back for the Dog but it proved to be a consolation as Sharratt scored his second of the game to make it 5-1 ahead of Thornton completing his hat trick and Dan Allison putting the icing on the cake as he completed the rout to send the hosts into seventh heaven and in the driving seat to avoid relegation back to division one.

Miller Sports who suffered a 3-1 loss away at Dog & Fox Ashley on Thursday night when goals from Steve Wickings (penalty), Matthew Lay and Steve Roddy helped earned the Dog their win were back on form against Winsley on Sunday as they claimed a 5-2 triumph. Nick Ridout who scored for Miller against the Dog & Fox opened the scoring for his side against Winsley, Tim Knight scored Miller's second with a delightful lob. James Webb's first for the club help his team to a 3-1 half time lead with Mike Little scoring for Winsley. Ashley Groves scored a double for Miller in the second period and Mike Little scored a second for Winsley after the hosts keeper had rolled the ball to him. Little also tried his luck from the halfway in his attempt at hat trick but saw his effort bounce off the bar.

Terrific Thursday defiantly lived up to it's name as both of the top two sides in the Robson Taylor, Chippenham League Premier division continue to match each other win for win and it's now becoming a case of anything you can do we can do too, but not necessarily better. No one could have imagined at the start of the season just how good this seasons battle for the title would become as everyone believed that a third title would be a foregone conclusion for defending champions Corsham Centre A, but they forgot the small matter of Box Rovers, Westbury Rangers A and Biddestone Social having a say in where the title could well end up. After Thursday night's round of fixtures we are no closer to knowing if the winners crown will stay at the Centre or if Biddestone will be wearing it as both sides picked up wins that will keep the race for glory going right to the wire. What has been confirmed is that after Biddestone overcame Westbury Rangers A 2-1 in their heavyweight battle at Meadow Lane it that it now looks likely to be a two horse race than the three that it could have been had third placed Rangers beaten the leaders whose win saw them maintain their five point lead at the summit. The match that kicked off at 6.45 to allow both the chance to have their best players available saw Biddestone take the lead on four minutes. Gary Banks was the provider for Danny Jones whose shot from 14 yards deflected in off the unfortunate Nick Mead, Jones is claiming the goal, however match referee Adie Hunt believes it was defiantly an own goal. Westbury were back on level term on 16 minutes through top scorer Marc Lanfear and although chances came and went for both sides neither team could find the net again in the first half. The second period saw Westbury have the majority of the play but Biddestone had the better of the chances with both Gary Banks and Dan Lardner going close to giving Biddestone the lead. With time running out and the heading for a draw Biddestone's full back Mike Few chanced his hand up front and having been played in by Jamie Lyons he rifled home a shot that was spilled by Rangers keeper Nathan Taylor on 86 minutes that earned Biddy their 16th straight win to keep their dreams of taking the title very much alive and brought an end to Rangers 100% home record as their suffered their first loss in 10 outings at Meadow Lane.

Corsham Centre A's first half performance against Box Rovers proved that they has still got the appetite for the game as they showed that they aren't prepared to give up their title without a fight as they overcame a potential banana skin to their hopes of claiming a third successive winners crown when they traveled to near neighbours Box for what was another gladiatorial battle on the night as for the first time for a long time the hosts had 15 players to pick from. The Centre were very good in the first 45 minutes and took the lead after 20 minutes when Shane Godsell was put through on goal and drove home a left foot beauty past keeper Luke McFarlane that seemed to settle the Centre's nerves. On 35 minutes Simon Gray was sent clear and he round keeper McFarlane to shot home to give the Centre a 2-0 lead, which should have become three in the 40th minute, good work from Gray saw him pull the ball back to James Lye who spurned a golden opportunity to make it 3-0 and seal the game for the Centre. Box had the greater possession in the second half but failed to create any clear cut chances, the Centre had chances to increase their lead but they too failed to take any of them due to fine goalkeeping from McFarlane of poor finishing on their behalf ensuring no further goals.

With the race for the title starting to look as if it is going to go down to the wire and possibly the final week of the season the battle to stay in the division and beat the drop is becoming just as thrilling and entertaining and could end up being decided on the final day of the campaign. Currently, Maud Heath Sports are just outside of the danger zone and are keeping their heads above water by having a better goal difference than Bradford News whose 5-1 victory over North Star A saw them move onto 11 points with the Sports. Both Bradford and North Star started the evening in the bottom two positions, with Bradford being on the bottom and the Star being above them, but at close of play the positions were reversed as Mark Hurkett's Newsmen who lost 2-0 at home to Gary Elliott's side on Sunday gained revenge for that lost with a fantastic victory that gives them new hope of beating the drop, because had they would have been as good as down and looking forward to playing first division football next term. Bradford who were missing a few players form their previous battle with the Star expected a much tougher game but they raised their own game and took the lead through Harry Hamlin's excellent finish. North Star were fortunate to get back on level terms as their equaliser was scored by Bradford's Ashley Merchant who headed past his own keeper to square things up. Bradford reclaimed their advantage before the interval when the Star's keeper brilliantly saved a Darren Morris shot but he turned the ball into the path of Tom Downing who didn't need a second chance to tuck the ball away as he gave his team an all important lead. The second half saw Bradford forced into making an early substitution when Mark Maguire replaced Dominic Sims, but Sims injury may have been a blessing in disguise as Maguire made it 3-1 whe nhe turned home an excellent cross from Ashley Merchant. Tom Downing's second of the game made the game safe at 4-1 before Maguire put the icing on the cake when he scored a brilliant individual effort to wrap up the victory at 5-1.

Dog & Fox Ashley must have felt that they could go on and rout Miller Sports when they scored after just 90 seconds, when you consider Miller were hammered 14-0 by Biddestone Social at the weekend. However the rout never materialized as at full time the Dog had managed a 3-1 success. Steve Wickings put the Dog ahead from the penalty spot and that was how the scoreline stayed until Matthew Lay scored early in the second half to double the Dog's lead. Miller gave themselves hope of staging a comeback when Nick Ridout drilled home an tremendous free-kick on 68 minutes, but that was as close s they came to getting anything from the game as two minutes from time Steve Roddy added a third for the Dog & Fox that saw them wrap up their eighth maximum points haul of the campaign that also saw them move two places up the standings to sixth spot.

DIVISION ONE After suffering two successive defeats Trowbridge based The Ship FC finally booked their place in the premiership following their 3-3 draw with Rowde whose own chances of a place in the top flight next season are very much alive after the teams shared the points. The Ship look set to be crowned champions as they need three points from three games which they should be able to attain. Le Hayward's side were outstanding in the first half against Rowde and were virtually untouchable as they took a 3-0 lead which should and could have been at least six. Booker Woodford made his first start for the Ship and scored on his debut for the hosts when he dispatched a quality finish on 10 minutes to make it 1-0. Woodford added number two after Lee Hayward's shot had been initially save but fell kindly to Woodford who tapped home. Hayward made it 3-0 when he was on hand to tap home after Woodford's shot was only half saved. At this stage of procedding The Ship had the game won but Rowde on 42 minutes through Jamie Mullings who knocked home from 20 yards out after keeper Craig Brown failed to clear properly. Another error from keeper Brown gifted Rowde their second in the 55th minute and again it was Mullings who capitalized as he rolled the ball home to reduce the gap to the odd goal. Parity was restored 15 minutes from time when Mullings side footed home to complete his hat trick and once again it followed another mistake in the Ship's defence and this time it was Adam Nunn who was at fault when he headed across the face of goal to Mullings who didn't need a second invitation to tie the scores. Rowde finished the stronger of the two sides and had Marcus Wallen been half a yard quicker he could have won it for the visitors as he missed three good chances.

Potterne FC moved within one point of Division one leaders The Ship FC after their 5-0 victory over Biddestone Arms in Midweek and more importantly for Pete Huntley and Lee Sanders village side it took them a massive step closer to premier division football next season. Potterne's win had seen them open up a three point lead over third place Rowde and if they can get one more point from their two remaining matches that should be enough to gain them promotion as they have a much better goal difference than that of Rowde. Biddestone's players could have been forgiven for thinking that they were at a Bingo Hall rather than a football pitch as all of Potterne's goal's were scored by a member of the House family so all evening long they must of got totally fed up with hearing a call of House. Wayne House chalked up Potterne's opener with Ben House adding number two Steve House was next to find the target as he gave Potterne a 3-0 half time lead. The second period saw Ben House scored his second of the contest to make it 4-0 and he completed the full house and his hat trick with goal number five. Potterne also included Dean House in their line up but he was unable to get on the score sheet, but with three brothers scoring for the same team in one match Potterne might just have made their own little piece of League history, but they won't worry about that as the victory will mean a lot more to them.

Having lost in midweek Biddestone Arms visited Coyote who had also suffered an unexpected 3-2 defeat against Chippenham Sports & Social Club. Mark Clarke (two) and Andy Flynn scored for the Sports with Matt Minnis and Tarick Yachou scoring for Coyote who also had a couple of goals disallowed and saw Scott Askew miss a penalty before he was sent off. Against Biddestone Coyote won 4-2, Matt Minnis Tarick Yachou and Dave Sykes with his first goal of the season gave Coyote a 3-0 half time lead before goals from Chris Mochan and Danny Box who will never score a luckier goal brought Biddestone back into the game, Box weak shot was helped into the net by Coyote's keeper when it looked as if he had well in his grasp. Any hopes of a Biddestone fight back was ended by Tarick Yachou whose second of the game wrapped up Coyote's 4-2 success.

Having won the WG Parr Trophy with a resounding 5-2 victory over Potterne and to follow that success up with unbelievable 6-0 victory over leaders The Ship FC, Coyote went into their match at Southwick against Chippenham Sports & Social Club knowing that they were expected to win but also knowing that their bubble could burst against a much improved Sports side who had suffered just one defeat in their previous five games and unfortunately for Chris Carr's side it was the latter as they came back down to earth with a bang as the Sports won 3-2. Chippenham Sports found their goal under siege for the first 20 minutes but a mix of brave defending, good goalkeeping from Graham Jones and poor finishing saw the Sports withstand the barrage and it was against the run of play that Andy Flynn put the Sports ahead on 22 minutes. Five minutes later Coyote's keeper Ashley Haines who has been impressive for most of the season gifted the Sports their second when he let a harmless looking shot go through his legs and Mark Clarke pounced on the error to fire the Sports into a 2-0 half time lead, but it came at a cost to the Sports who lost keeper Jones through injury. Chris Hawkins replaced Jones between the sticks and he was put under attack almost immediately from the restart, and it came as no surprise when Matt Minnis scored to reduce the gap to the odd goal. Coyote got back on level terms through Tarick Yachou and with time running out it looked as if the game was going to end all square, but in their attempt to find a winner Coyote were caught on the break by the Sports and again keeper Haines was at fault for the winner as he failed to come for a ball that led to Mark Clarke scoring his second of the game that earned the Sports their fifth victory of the season four of which have come in the last six games. Things could have been different for Coyote had Scott Askew not missed a penalty before being sent off and had they not had two goals ruled out to that the hosts believed were two bad decisions by the Sports linesman.

Chippenham Sports & Social Club went into this game against British Lion FC on the back of an impressive win against Coyote but were forced to start the game with only ten players and a stand in goalkeeper and paid the price at the Lion claimed a 4-0 victory. Lion's man advantage immediately told and within the first seven minutes, Andrew Webster squandered two golden opportunities to put his side ahead. On nine minutes, Webster met Nathan West's cross but was denied by a smart save by Chris Hawkins. A minute later Luke Enderby's through ball found West but his shot was again well saved by Hawkins. Despite being pinned back in the opening quarter of an hour, Chippenham nearly took the lead. Andy Flynn weaved an opening and although Nick Bloodworth powerfully met his cross, Mark Stonestreet made a sensational point-blank save to keep out his header. Within a minute the Lion had the ball in the Chippenham net but Darren Brown's finish was disallowed because of an earlier handball. James Barnes tested Stonestreet with a 25-yard freekick but the Lion keeper calmly turned the ball over. The Lion finally broke the deadlock on 23 minutes. Brown slotted a ball through the seam of the Chippenham defence and West poked the ball home from 18-yards to make it 1-0. A minute later West turned provider and Webster smashed his cross against the bar. On the half hour mark Lee Campbell helped Tom Evans' cross on and Webster shot over the bar from close range.

At half time, Mark Clark's arrival made the Chippenham team up to full strength as the visitors sought a way back into the game. However, within thirty seconds of the restart they could have gone further behind. Webster teed up Evans' cross and drilled his 20-yard volley onto the cross bar much to his disbelief. The Lion's second goal came on 56 minutes. Webster laid off Evans' cross and Enderby calmly stroked home from six yards. Three minutes later it was West's turn to rattle the woodwork when he cut inside and thumped a shot from 18 yards at a tight angle. However, the Lion's crucial third goal came within a minute. Campbell's tackle gained possession and Webster again threaded his pass to Enderby who fired home from 12 yards. Webster realised he was destined not to score in this game when after jinking his way past four players he blasted his close range shot at Hawkins. The keeper not only saving the first shot but quickly got up to block Campbell's follow up. Chippenham Sports rarely threatened the Lion goal in the second half but on 65 minutes Barnes' free kick was headed over by Adie White. The Lion wrapped up the points on 68 minutes. West's early ball left Enderby with a clear run on goal and the young striker completed his hat-trick by neatly slotting his shot past Hawkins to make it 4-0. Within a minute the Chippenham crossbar was rattled again. This time it was Brown who headed Enderby's cross against the woodwork. With two minutes left, Webster got on the end of Evans' cross but saw his header drift wide.

Atworth United completed their home fixtures with a fine 4-1 victory over AFC Calne at a sunny Atworth recreation ground. The first half saw play flowing from end to end and for the home side Ross Menghini was unlucky when he just missed the target from a fine Jack Adcock cross and Ian Jeffery hit the bar with a 20 yard dipping volley. Joe Menghini in the home gaol did well to keep out a couple of fine efforts from the dangerous Mark Dolman. Thanks to some fine keeping by both keepers the sides turned around 0-0 at the break .The game turned some 10 minutes after the break when home manager Mark Jeffery summoned Sean Fordham from the bench he had been keeping warm for most of the weekend and he had an immediate impact when his neat header found Jack Adcock whose cross was swept into the net by Ross Menghini. After an hour Atworth's Phil Strange mistimed a challenge in the box and Calne equalised when Mark Dolman scored from the spot. With the game in the melting pot either team could have gained the two points on offer but it was the home side that finished the stronger. Ross Menghini became creator when his clever chipped pass found the lively Fordham who slammed home the second for Atworth. Minutes later another Atworth substitute Sean Kerslake powered down a header that was finished with aplomb by Ross Menghini for his second. Fordham's dramatic impact was complete when he cleared a goal bound shot off the line. With 10 minutes left Ross Menghini sealed the victory and his second hat trick in successive weeks when he latched onto a long clearance from his brother keeper Joe Menghini to beat the Calne keeper with ease.