DIVISION TWO: The top of the table clash in Division Two featuring the leaders Cooper Avon and second placed White Hart Combe which had all the makings of being a classic never lived up to expectations.

The two sides who between them had netted 183 goals prior to kick failed to add to that tally as they fought out a goalless draw that saw both defences and keepers on top as both sets of prolific forwards were miss firing and a draw was a fair result.

Crown Cosmos who still have five matches left to play remain in third place despite not having a game, the Knockout Cup winners were due to face Chippenham Police who had to postpone the match due to a shortage of players.

FC Bradford who were involved in an incredible game against Sutton Benger on Thursday night that finished all square at five each were involved in another high scoring draw at the weekend that saw them tie 4-4 with basement side Horse & Groom. Away at Benger goals from Russell Francis (two), Mark Robinson (two) and Lee Radwell saw them come from 5-3 down to claim their 5-5 stalemate. Against Horse & Groom, Bradford trailed 2-0 before taking a 4-2 lead only to allow the Horse back into the game to claim what could yet prove to be a vital point in their bid to beat the drop. Goals from Dan Cox and Tom Moore had put the Horse two up, before Mark Robinson, Charlie Powell drew Bradford level. Sam Jordan gave Bradford the lead at 3-2 and he made it 4-2 when he dinked home an audacious spot kick. Horse & Groom clawed their way back into the game when Tom Moore scored his second of the game and Dan Cox earned them a point with his second of the contest and his teams fourth.

Sutton Benger who hit five against FC Bradford on Thursday night were unable to hit the goal trail for a second time in four days as they suffered a 5-2 home defeat against Hullavington. Against Bradford goals from Matt White (two), Rob Kent, Michael Pye and Mark Bolton saw them lead 5-2 before Bradford hit back to deny them victory as they drew 5-5. Ian Dawkins (penalty) and Dale Newbury scored second half goals for Benger after Hullavington had taken the game by the scruff on the neck in the first half to build up a 4-0 lead. Ben Wright scored the first two goals, Ed Wlikins added number three and Jif Wilkins on his return to the side after a 63 day made it 4-0. Ben Wright completed the scoring for Hullavington in the second period when he bagged his hat trick goal to take his tally for the season to 19 and leave the victors in wit ha good chance of finishing the season in fourth spot.

Sutton Benger were involved in an amazing match at Stanley Park against FC Bradford on Thursday night where the two side shared the points and 10 goals in a thriller that ended five each and the point Benger got from the draw should be good enough to ensure their status in Division Two for at least another season. Benger were left a little deflated after the game as they had led by three goals at one stage but let Bradford back into the game to earn their unlikely point. Rob Kent continued his good run of form in front of goal when he fired Benger ahead. Russell Francis restored parity for Bradford before Mike Pye regained the lead for Benger. Bradford hit back and squared things up for a second time through Lee Radwell. Mark Bolton scored his second goal in as many gamy to give the lead back to Benger at 3-2, Matt White then score two good goal as Benger took a 5-2 lead and at this stage they looked set to pick up back to back victories, but it wasn't to be as Bradford replied in style with Mark Robinson reducing the gap, and then Russell Francis cutting the deficit to the odd goal with his second of the game and when Robinson bagged his second of the night the visitors comeback was complete. Both teams had chances to win the game but come the final whistle they more quite happy to settle for a point each for what was and end of term thriller.

When The Crown Devizes went head to head with Bremhill View Social Club back in October, Martin Belcher's Bremhill side routed the Crown 8-1 and the return clash at Sands Lane Rowde was expected to have a similar outcome, with the hosts having only an outside chance of getting a result. And it was the outsiders who came good as they avenged their earlier defeat by snatching a well deserved 2-1 victory, Simon Drewitt in only his second game of the season scored the opener for the Crown which was cancelled out by Mark Smith who netted for Bremhill that saw the sides go in at the break tied at one each. Kevin Bush sealed the win for the hosts and back to back victories for the first time this campaign when he bagged his fourth goal of the season that means that any lingering doubts that the home team had about their survival in the division have now ended as they are defiantly safe from the drop.

The Crown Devizes followed up their Thursday night victory over Bremhill View Social Club when goals from Simon Drewitt and Kevin Bush saw make Mark Smith's strike count for nothing as the claimed a 2-1 victory. Mark Roberts Crown Devizes side entertained the Audley at Sands Lane, Rowde and the Audley's manager Steve Mallard was left wondering how they had lost the game to a single Rory Brown goal, which was his first ever, goal for the winners. The Audley believed they bossed the game and can believe they were denied by the post as well as having chances cleared of the line. The Crown won't worry about the manner of their victory, but they will be happy with the result that saw them claim a hat trick of wins for the first time in over a year.

DIVISION THREE Third division, leaders AFC Bell look on course for an automatic promotion spot after they extended their unbeaten run to 16 matches with two victories in four days, on Thursday night goals from Jonathan Couch and Gary Campbell helped them defeat basement side Corsham Park Rangers 2-1, Jake Marshall scored for Rangers. At the weekend Craig Townsend side locked horns with local rivals The Crown FC and Mark Adamson knew his side faced an uphill battle as they were missing Dan Sloan, Ashley Bartells and Jason Lucas for the big match at Green Lane, Devizes, but despite the handicap they almost managed to get something from the game but came up just short as Bell won 3-2. The leaders who were also under strength took the lead through Jonathan Couch after seven minutes and Jon Scoffield doubled their advantage in the 17th minute when he drilled home a blistering free kick. The Crown halved the deficit through Jack Fisher who slotted home on 25 minutes. Bell regained their two-goal cushion before the interval courtesy of Ashton Turner. The Crown cut the gap to the odd goal in the 72nd minute thanks to Fisher's second of the game, which was a brilliant free kick from 25 yards out. Bell's manager Craig Townsend who returned from injury a lot quicker than expected played the last 20 minutes but was unable to make his mark and it was the Crown who wasted a couple of good chances late on to draw level that will be left thinking what might have been had they gone in.

Biddestone White Horse remain in second spot ahead of their winner takes all clash against third placed Pheasant FC. Matt Unwin took his Biddestone side to Meadow Lane where they were entertained by Dave Griffin's Westbury Rangers B side who failed to score for a second successive match but they had their chances with Sam Young going closest for them. Biddestone claimed a 1-0 success with Luke White scoring the only goal of the game in the second period when he fired home the rebound after his initial shot had been cleared of the line by Dave Jones and found a way past replacement keeper Kevin Balchin. Rangers missed the injured Dale Rowland but they suffered a further blow when Ashley Easton was stretched off with possible ligament damage to his ankle. Biddestone who played with some bite for the first time for a while could still top the table but they have a better chance of finishing in second spot as they hold a one point lead over the Pheasant ahead of their all important battle and if Biddestone beat Oli Selman's side it would guarantee them one of the two automatic places.

Pheasant FC followed up their 4-1 midweek win over White Horse FC with a nail biting 2-1 triumph over Blue Circle (Sunday) which give the ma very good chance of finishing in second spot. Goals from Nat Auckland, Lee Blackmore, Joe Forester and Gary Lock saw they help send down White Horse who replied through Tom Shephard. Four days after their victory at the Cement Works, Westbury they returned to the same venue to claim another vital win, Nathan Phillamore's deflected effort put Pheasant ahead but the Cement boys manager Steve Martin drew his side level when he found the target after his penalty which had struck the post was played back to him and he made no mistake with his second bite of the cherry. Pheasant reshuffled their pack in the second half and they replaced keeper Tom Jones with Dave Sett and pushed Jones up front and he scored what proved to be the winner with his very first touch. Both team had further chances to add to their goals but neither side could find the net again and Pheasant were more than happy to see the game out that leaves them wit ha fascinating match against Biddestone White Horse t olook forward to.

Corsham Park Rangers might have just lost out to AFC Bell in midweek, but Martin Perrett's side who were defeated 2-1 went into their match at Stanley Park against Pack Horse Rangers knowing that a draw against their hosts would be good enough for them to stay in the division at the expense of Westbury based White Horse FC. Corsham Park went one better and came up trumps with a 1-0 victory that saw them pick up maximum points for only the fifth time this term but for the visitors it couldn't have arrived at a more important time. Corsham Park's caused was a helped a little when their hosts were reduced to 10 men on 30 minutes after Ryan Bell limped off injured and although the match might have only produced the one goal but it was a very entertaining contest with chances falling to both sides before and after Jake Marshall netted what proved to be the winner on 59 minutes when he robbed a Pack Horse player of the ball before running clear and unleashing a thunderbolt low to the keepers right hand side.

Bromham (Sunday) who drew 0-0 with Westbury Rangers B in midweek took on and beat an AFC Melksham side who were let down by the no show of a number of players that in the end proved costly as Bromham won 3-2. Andy Bartlett gave Bromham the lead but his opener was cancelled by Chris Dore's first of the game on 21 minutes that brought the scores level. Mike Trigo's first goal of the season saw Bromham retake the lead but a second from Dore in the 79th minutes looked t o have earned a depleted Melksham side a deserved share of the spoils. However with five minutes remaining Andy Paget first ever goal gave Bromham victory and the goal was worth waiting for, Paget chested down a cross and fired home a fantastic strike to give Bromham win number 10 of the season.

AFC Bell became the outright leaders of Division Three on Thursday after they defeated basement side Corsham Park Rangers 2-1. Craig Townsend's table toppers were far from impressive as they almost blew a two goal lead against a Corsham Park side who were well below full strength and were left fuming at the final whistle as they believed they had a perfectly good goal ruled out right at the death that would have given them an unexpected draw. Jonathan Couch gave Bell the lead in the 20th minute when he was left unmarked to slot home the opener. Bell doubled their lead on 59 minutes through Gary Campbell who swift turn in the area saw him finish well to make it 2-0. Corsham Park who gained a creditable draw at the weekend when they drew two apiece with Pheasant FC never gave up and battled their way back into the contest and reduced the arrears in the 88th minute via Jake Marshall whose long range drive gave the hosts a glimmer of hope and with the final kick of the match they thought they had equalised courtesy of Dan Purser, but after the referee had awarded the goal, he changed his mind and ruled the goal out much to the delight of the Bell and dismay of Corsham Park as he believed the ball had entered the back of the net through the side netting. The result leaves Corsham Park at the foot of the table but if they can play as well as they have done in their last two matches against two of the top then they have a chance of staying in the division with matches against Pack Horse Rangers and Westbury Rangers B still to play.

Chippenham based Pheasant FC got their push for an automatic promotion place back on track with a 4-1 victory away at relegation threatened White Horse FC whose defeat leaves them just one point clear of the drop zone where they will stay if Corsham Park Rangers fail to pick up a point from their final two games, but a point for Corsham Park would almost certainly send the White Horse down to division four along with Chippenham West End Club whose stay in the division came to an end last weekend. Oli Selman's Pheasant side had lost their way over the past few weeks were wary that their hosts at the Cement Works, Westbury needed a victory just as much as they needed one, but for different reasons and after dropping three points in their previous two games Pheasant saw their nerves settled in under a minute as Nat Auckland scored a quick fire opener to put the visitors one up after just 58 seconds. Lee Blackmore doubled Pheasant's lead on nine minutes and had it not been for their keeper Tom Jones, who produced a number of fine saves White Horse may well have reduced the gap earlier than they did in the 44th minute when Tom Shephard hit the target. Pheasant regained their two goal cushion just before the hour mark thanks to a fiercely struck free kick from Joe Forester that the Horse's keeper spilled into the net. With four minutes remaining left back Gary Lock completed the scoring with his 10th goal of the campaign. The result might have slightly flattered the Pheasant but they would have take a 1-0 victory just as long as it meant they got another two points on the board. After the match White Horse striker Andy Field who has scored 15 times was presented with his clubs Player of the Season award.

Westbury Rangers B and Bromham (Sunday) will believe that they wasted 90 minutes after their Wednesday night match at Meadow Lane failed to produce a winner or any goals as both teams fought out a dire game of football that saw both defences on top as both sides had to use stand-in keepers, Rangers were forced to call on the services of Nick Mead while Bromham's manager Ady Kember had to take over the shot stoppers role for the evening. Neither side could land a knockout blow and between them only generated one worthwhile shot on goal and that came in the 80th minute when Bromham's Danny Powell unleashed a blistering drive that was brilliantly saved by Ranger's keeper Nick Mead. Rangers had a late appeal for a penalty waved away when Sam Young was brought down in the area but apart from that there was nothing else worth talking about in a match that both teams will want to forget about as they go into their Sunday fixtures where Westbury host second placed Biddestone White Horse and Bromham entertain AFC Melksham.

DIVISION FOUR With the two automatic promotion places in Division four already sorted out all that now needs to be decided is who from leaders Steeple Ashton Rangers and Riverside Renegades will be crowned champions. Nathan Holloway's Steeple Ashton side are in pole position and one point from their remaining two matches that are against Trowbridge Town Supporters Club and Three Crowns United will see them crowned champions, but although the leagues newcomers have won 15 on the bounce the could but are unlikely to fall at the final hurdle as Riverside lay in wait to pounce on any clip up that may come their way. Both side overcame potential banana skins at the weekend with emphatic victories that saw Steeple Ashton defeat Chippenham United 8-0 and Riverside beat Old Road Tavern 11-1.

Sunshine greeted both Steeple Ashton and Chippenham United as they took to the pitch at St Mary's and things just got brighter and brighter for the home team as after a slow start they cut though Chippenham's defence like a knife through butter. Ashton soon found themselves in front when Marc Sheppard played in Lee Mounty who stroked the ball home with a calm left foot finish. Captain Mark Hunt then had a great chance to double the hosts lead but lifted his shot way over the bar. Moments later it was Mounty who got his second to double the hosts lead when he slotted home after being played in by Sheppard again. Marc Sheppard then got on the score sheet when he rounded the visitors keeper after being played in by Dave Singadia. A Nathan Holloway cross saw Mike Ritson's header rebound off the bar only for Ritson himself to follow up and make it four-nil. Holloway then set up Sheppard for his second that saw Sheppard outmuscle a defender and cooly slot home. With the half time score 5-0 in favour of the home side Steeple Ashton threatened to run riot in the second period but they seemed to ease off and although Ritson provided a little magic when he ghosted past two defenders and deliciously chipped the keeper from just over 30 yards to make it 6-0, the glut didn't materialise. Not wanting to be out done, Dave Chamberlain ventured from full back and hit a 45 yard thunderbolt which rocketed into the top corner. Phil Lewis then dubiously had a goal disallowed for offside despite the ball appearing to be played backwards. In the dying minutes of the match Lewis grabbed his first for the club with a volley from Sheppard's corner to the back post that took the final scoreline to 8-0 leaving them needing just a point for the title.

Lance Davis was on top form for his side Riverside Renegades as they routed Old Road Tavern 11-1 scoring all 12 goals in the process. Davis scored the opening two goals for his Bradford based side, before Lee Ridout added number three and Davis scored a third before the break to complete his hat trick and give the host a 4-0 interval lead. Davis was first on the score sheet in the second period when he made it 5-0, Jake Jordan added number six with Davis scoring his fifth of the game to make it 7-0. A brace from substitute Joe Taylor, Jason Jenkins single and another from Davis that saw him complete a double hat trick made up Riverside's 11. Ricky Montacute was the unlucky Riverside player who put through his own net for Old Road's consolation.

AFC Lyneham couldn't buy a win in their first 22 matches of the season, but the team that looked as if they would pas the 200 goal mark for goals conceded this term finished the season on a high as they kept their goals conceded tally below 200 and having beaten Wanderers 4-3 in their penultimate match they followed that win up wit ha 4-2 success over near neighbours North Star B who played the match at Goatacre with 10 men. Hayden Sheffield put Lyneham in front on 25 minutes but Matt Davis drew the Star level five minutes later. Mark Adams 38th minute goal gave the lead back to Lyneham but two minutes later the Star were level via Andy Dolman. On the stroke of half time the match swung back Lyneham's way when Hayden Sheffield gave the hosts a 3-2 advantage with his second of the game. Lyneham finally sealed their victory with a second from Mark Adams 10 minutes from time.

Chippenham based Three Crowns United look a good bet to finish in third spot after their Marcus Young inspired victory saw them move above Trowbridge Town Supporters Club and into third place and their 5-1 success over Kings Arms (Market Lavington) has given them a one point advantage that they should maintain. Kings Arms played the match with 10 players rather than postpone it and they were dealt a further blow when keeper Curtis Marsden suffered a broken thumb and Sebastian Pernanski replaced him between the sticks. Gary Robinson and Mike Cassidy scored two apiece for the Three Crowns with Marcus Young who set up three of the goals scoring number five. Steve Foord was on target for Kings Arms.