ALL the latest action from the Trowbridge and District Football League sponsored by Trowbridge Windows and Conservatories.


In-form side Calne Town Reserves have started this season the way they ended the last one notching up their eighth straight victory with a 2 – 0 home win against Warminster United in The Trowbridge Windows and Conservatories sponsored Division One. After a goalless first half, strikes from Zac Hiller and Keiron Gleed ensured Calne’s perfect start to this season continued.

Hilperton United and Three Daggers, two teams who opened their seasons with victories clashed at Whaddon Road this weekend and fought out a highly competitive 2 – 2 draw. Daggers opened the scoring on 15 minutes when Jack Hayward got on the end of a long free kick to head home. Hilperton equalised seven minutes later when Dan Plank rose in the box to head into the top corner after another free kick. Hilperton took the lead just before the break when a third free kick was fired into the box and came off a Daggers head to nestle into the net. In a game that could have gone either way Jack Hayward scored his second and the goal of the match when he levelled the scores again in the 55th minute. Latching on to a long ball down the right Haywood, under pressure from a defender slotted home from the tightest of angles to ensure a share of the points.

After a heavy defeat in the first week of the season Heytesbury bounced back to earn their first point in The Trowbridge Windows and Conservatories sponsored Division One, drawing 3 – 3 against Warminster Town Reserves. Heytesbury opened the scoring in the 15th minute, Dan Dicks headed on a throw from Sam Roberts to Dale Youens Rowland who volleyed home. Heytesbury held the lead until two minutes before half time when Lee Rockingham popped up for Warminster and scored to take the teams to half time level. Ten minutes after the restart Sean Snook struck for Heytesbury to regain the advantage but could only hold on for five minutes before Craig Sheppard equalised again. With just seven minutes to go Heytesbury must have thought they had clinched all the points when a long throw from Kevin Shinn was headed on by Dale Youens Rowland to be headed into his own net by a Warminster defender. In a hard-fought game in which both teams gave their all Warminster Town Reserves got their fair share of the points in the last minute when Sam McEntree hit a great strike into the top corner from wide on the left.

KEW PR FC, who are playing in The Trowbridge Windows and Conservatories sponsored Division One for the first time got their season off to a perfect start with an excellent 6 – 0 win from their visit to Semington Magpies. A quick fire first half hat-trick for young Scott Baker who struck in the 20th 22nd and 30th minute gave KEW PR a 3 – 0 half time advantage. Mike Little, who was returning after injury replaced Baker in the second half and didn’t take long to find his scoring touch adding the fourth for KEW PR in the 52nd minute with a close-range finish. Mark Maguire was brought on for the last 20 minutes and got into the act quickly with a tidy brace in the 75th and 82nd minutes to complete the scoring.

After having their game postponed last week due to the heavy rain, Melksham Town ‘ A’ got their season off to a winning start with an excellent 2 – 0 win from their visit to Marshfield in The Trowbridge Windows and Conservatories sponsored Division One. Second half goals from Harrison Simmons and James Darke saw Melksham off to a winning start.


After last weeks heavy defeat, promotion and title hopefuls Staverton United finally found their shooting boots this week with an 8 – 0 victory over Seend United in The Trowbridge Windows and Conservatories sponsored Division Two. In a remarkable game Staverton had eight different goal scorers with Alex Shaw, Mathew Dew, Joel Hillier, Harry Ledbury, Sean Horobin, Kyle Palmer, Kieran Green and Jordan O Dwyer all helping themselves to a goal each to earn Staverton their first points of the season.

A very young Bromham side, playing their first game in The Trowbridge Windows and Conservatories sponsored Division Two since re-joining the league scored a last minute equaliser to deny Aces FC a win in an entertaining 4 – 4 draw in both teams opening match of the season. With Bromham leading 3 – 1 at the break thanks to two strikes from Caleb Englefield and one from Sam Wallis, Aces launched a second half comeback to lead 4 – 3. In the last minute a surging run and cross down the right wing from Sam Wallis found Joe Tinnion at the far post who kept his composure to level the scores to earn both teams a well deserved first point of the season. George Alexe with a brace and Jake Paxton were on the scoresheet for Aces with an own goal providing their fourth of the afternoon.

Dilton Marsh Wanderers made it two wins from two with an entertaining 4 – 3 win against Trowbridge Town Reserves. Trowbridge Town Reserves started well going into a 2 – 0 lead before Liam Lawes pulled one back for Dilton. With one strike from Ryan Pickin and two from Jayden White Trowbridge took a 3 – 1 lead before Lawes grabbed his second of the afternoon for Dilton to reduce the arrears to one. Dean Crabb, celebrating his birthday then levelled the match when he smashed in an unstoppable free kick. Kieran Palmer won the match for Dilton Marsh Wanderers with their fourth strike towards the end.

The Stiffs gained their first points of this new season with an excellent 1 – 0 win from their visit to league newcomers Potterne. The Stiffs had keeper George Hartrey to thank who kept the score line blank with a superb penalty save before Luther Edwards popped up with the only goal of the game.

Promotion hopefuls Westbury United Reserves and Calne Eagles each earned a point in a hard fought 0 – 0 draw in a match where both teams had chances to score but just could not take advantage in a very even game.