SWINDON Town manager Richie Wellens lamented a ‘shambolic’ final 15 minutes from his team as the Robins fell 2-0 to Blackpool in League One.

Two goals from CJ Hamilton either side of half-time punished Town for a lack of potency up front and saw the pace setters from opening day shoved into mid-table.

Despite hitting the post late on, Town offered little up front before a barrage of missed chances by the hosts saved the visitors from suffering late embarrassment on the scoreline.

Wellens reflected on a ‘strange’ afternoon for his team before criticising his attackers for making too many bad decisions in the final third when well placed.

He said: “The last 15 minutes, I’m not happy with that at all.

“At times I thought we looked shambolic – I know we’re getting players up to speed, but I think with Mathieu Baudry, he was looking after himself.

“If one player is deep, the whole team needs to be deep. What we can’t be doing is having big spaces between the defence and midfield.

“It was a really strange game, the Hallam Hope effort needs to go in for us to have a chance of a comeback, but we didn’t work their ‘keeper enough and our decision making in the final third was poor.”

An encouraging, if not scrappy first 30 minutes, seemed to spur Town on before Jonny Smith was forced off due to breathing problems.

From that point on, Town lost their outlet down the right and chances became very few and far between.

The visitors had just two shots on target throughout the 90 minutes – something that certainly displeased the manager afterwards.

Wellens said: “I thought up until their first goal, we were very good. We were poor in the final third when the opportunities did arise though.

“They gave the ball away three times and we outnumbered them on the counter-attack, but we didn’t even get a shot away.

“Our decision making in the final third was very poor today.

“For the first half an hour, the way we knocked the ball about was very, very good, but you have to have an end product and you have to be able to work their goalkeeper, and we didn’t do it enough.”