CORSHAM Town manager Justin Flowers dedicated their Friday night derby win over Devizes to late former chairman Ken Baldwin.

A club stalwart, Ken was Town chairman for four years from 2012-2016, taking on no end of jobs at a time the club found few volunteers.

In their first home game since his passing on March 2, Corsham held a minute’s silence ahead of their meeting with Devizes.

That game was won 1-0 – in front of a bumper 241 crowd – as youth teamer Jake Dodge stepped off the bench to net on his debut, in spite of Dave Hare’s red card minutes earlier.

“A really good result, but not the best game if I’m honest,” Flowers said. “I’m not sure what it was really, maybe a night game, cancelling each other out.

“We weren’t at our best for sure so I think in the end we were really happy to get the result.

“The young lad came on and scored on his debut, so that made it really, really special.

“Weirdly enough I think we played a little better after the red card and then we had to go up a level due to being down to ten man.

“The way we played after is really what we needed and then we had one and had to hang on at the end.

“We don’t really think it was a red card, there was a lot of cover. It was a last-man tackle and very dubious so we’re a bit frustrated with that.”

Flowers paid tribute to former chairman Ken after the victory.

“That was awful news, it was really sad for the club,” he said. “He did so much for the club and was a great person to have around.

“He couldn’t be at the club any more because of health problems so we missed him anyway, but to find out that happened was devastating.

“We held a minute’s silence on the night and dedicate the win for him.”

The game also saw a return for Corsham keeper Adam Clatworthy, who had been out of action after the campaign’s opener.

Flowers explained: “He played the first game of the season and hasn’t played since, so this was his first game back.

“It was a really unfortunate injury. He had a pain in his arm in the first half of the first game of the season and he had a blood clot, it turned out, in his shoulder.

“That was a really random one and he usually plays every game, so to have him out pretty much the whole season up to now was a big blow.

“To have him back is good and to get a clean sheet was great, so we’re really pleased for him.”

Elsewhere in the First Division on Saturday, league leaders Calne Town won 3-2 at Bishop Sutton.

Stuart Windsor gave the Lilywhites a lead that Nathan Davis doubled before the break. Sub Jamal Chevelleau added a third in the final minute.

Warminster Town lost out 2-0 to second-placed Sherborne Town.