THE Trowbridge Windows and Conservatories sponsored Trowbridge and District Football League returned to action this weekend after the Christmas break and as the weather improved and pitches dried out a full programme took place.

The pick of the matches in Division One saw leaders Marshfield inflict a first league defeat on visitors Heytesbury when they ran out 3 – 2 winners. In a close game which produced chances for both teams Marshfield took the lead on 27 minutes with a fine strike by Keiron Tarrant who found the top corner of the net from 30 yards out. Marshfield only held their lead for 7 minutes until Jake Wright equalised for the visitors scoring from close range after good work from Reece Collyer. Ben Hibberd put Marshfield back in front 2 minutes before the break with an accomplished finish following a defensive error. On 53 minutes Keiron Tarrant scored his second with a remarkable goal direct from a corner to put increase Marshfield’s lead. With Heytesbury fighting to get back into the match Marshfield had keeper Dan Wheeler to thank pulling off a great save from Corey Gardner with 19 minutes remaining but even he couldn’t stop Jake Wright scoring his second of the game from the penalty spot in the last minute to reduce the arrears to one goal.

Warminster United leapfrogged Heytesbury into third place in The Trowbridge Windows and Conservatories sponsored Division One with a 4 – 2 victory over Semington Magpies. The Magpies led 1 – 0 at half time thanks to a goal from Jake Abbot and held their advantage until 5 minutes after the break when Matt Dyer levelled the match with a fabulous strike from the corner of the box. Warminster then took the lead through Ashley Caws before Semington had their keeper sent off. Warminster increased their lead through Liam Gibbons before Ant Lamb pulled one back for The Magpies with 10 minutes remaining following an excellent passing move. Just before the end Warminster made the player advantage count with Chris Bridel scoring the fourth with a composed finish following a slack back pass.

Three Daggers had a good start to 2020 with a 4- 2 win over Warminster Town Reserves. Goals from Mark Young, Matt Mead, Jono Hogarth and Keiran Ramsey lifted the Daggers into fifth place in Division One. Warminster goals were scored by Sam McEntree and Sam Clift.

Improving Freshford United had a good day with a 2 – 0 win over Hilperton United, moving above their visitors in the table albeit having played two games more. A first half effort from Jack Sterling put Freshford ahead in first half following an assist by Ali Jaffari and Jaffari himself secured the points with a second half penalty.

Melksham Town ‘A’ will be hoping 2020 will bring better fortunes than the first half of the season and they got off to a fantastic start picking up their first league win and points with a 1 – 0 win from their visit to Calne Town Reserves. Will Jacomb scored the only goal of the game in Melksham’s bid for Division One survival.

With an odd number of teams in The Trowbridge Windows and Conservatories sponsored Division One, Devizes Town Reserves had a week off but will resume their season next week with an exciting visit to fellow challengers Heytesbury.


Staverton United made it nine wins out of nine in their bid for promotion and winners of The Trowbridge Windows and Conservatories sponsored Division Two with a 2 – 0 victory at Aces FC. In a very close game both of the Staverton goals were own goals.

KEW PR FC kept up their 100% record to keep the pressure on leaders Staverton and they did it in fine style with an 11 – 0 thumping of The Stiffs. Mark Robinson led the way for KEW with four goals in the first 29 minutes and with two first half strikes from Chris Foley, and single efforts from Rickey Trott, Ashley Poms and David Percival Kew led 9 – 0 at the break after a devastating first half display. To their credit The Stiffs produced a valiant effort in the second half but couldn’t prevent David Percival scoring his second from the spot and Ashley Little scoring the eleventh with 18 minutes remaining. With the race for the title looking between KEW and Staverton going all the way, goal difference could prove all important come the end of the season.

Dilton Marsh Wanderers lead the chasing pack in The Trowbridge Windows and Conservatories sponsored Division Two maintaining their position by beating bottom club Barford Hornets 4 – 2. A goal in each half from Adam Welch followed by goals from subs Liam Lawes and a screamer right at the end by Aaron Knowles saw Dilton keep up the chase. Bradley Slater and Jack Bridewell were on the scoresheet for The Hornets.

New joint managers Adam Moody and Mickey Taraskevics got off to a winning start when their Calne Eagles team beat Seend United 3 -1. Keiron Gleed led the way with two goals after Tom Honour had scored the first for the Eagles. Seend United reply was scored by Rob Sandiford.

Westbury United Reserves had a great first half against Trowbridge Town Reserves racing to a 3 – 0 lead at half time before facing a second half fight back to hold on for a 3 – 2 win. Goals from Matthew Dew, Ed Leason and Ollie Dew gave Westbury their advantage before two goals from Dan Sandford proved just not enough for Trowbridge.




Calne Town Reserves v Hilperton United

Heytesbury v Devizes Town Reserves

Melksham Town ‘A’ v Freshford United


Aces FC v Trowbridge Town Reserves

Calne Eagles v Barford Hornets

KEW PR FC v Dilton Marsh Wanderers

Seend United v The Stiffs

Staverton United v Westbury United Reserves


D I United v Warminster United

Semington Magpies v Alderbury FC

Three Daggers v The Globe FC


Marshfield v Thornbury Town Reserves