OUT of form Bradford-on-Avon crashed to a 10-63 Dorset & Wilts One (North) loss at home to county rivals Warminster at the weekend.

It was the first meeting between both teams for over a year following the hosts’ promotion to Southern Counties South last term, and the game had some added spice as Warminster’s Dean Priestman returned to his old club for the first time since leaving.

Understandably, the game kicked-off with a quick-tempo.

It wasn’t long until Warminster registered the game’s first points. Great footwork by Zach Payne-Faulkner helped the visitors cross the whitewash for a great individual try – Jimmy Rees, however, missed the extras.

Bradford responded with a trip of their own, but this only spurred Warminster on as they went on to register four more tries before the half time whistle was blown.

Dean Priestman, Jamie Verden, Kurt Hilton and Dan Woods all got themselves on the scoresheet as the half ended 27-5.

In control of the game, Warminster only improved in the second half – which largely mirrored the first.

Payne-Faulkner added his second try of the game shortly after the re-start before Bradford hit back with a marker of their own.

Similar to the opening half, Warminster used the hosts’ score as motivation to stamp their authority on the game.

And they did just that as Sam Couch crashed over fore Dom Davey added another.

Dan McIntyre also got himself on the score sheet before the final whistle confirmed the 11-try romp – Butler added three conversions from six in the second half.

Coach Danny Webb said: “It was great to see all the hard work from the summer bearing fruit.

“The team executed the game plan with precision, it was great to see the improved skill set and execution – evening with the squad rotation.”

Elsewhere in Dorset & Wilts One North, Melksham kept the pressure on division leaders Avonvale after they downed Frome 2s 20-8 at home.

Matt Glover’s first half try helped Melksham establish a two-point lead by half time before Nick Suter added to the hosts’ tally shortly after play resumed with an excellent individual try.

Frome bagged a try of their own to once again reduce Melksham’s lead to two points.

However, late efforts by Ben Brown - his first try for the team - and Phil Stone secured Melksham a timely victory.