SUTTON Benger required extra time against The Foresters Arms to reach the third round of the AM Print & Copy Knockout Cup in the Shoestrings Chargrill-sponsored Chippenham & District Sunday League.

A month after defeating Arms in the WG Parr Trophy, Benger inflicted similar damage on their county rivals – winning 7-5 in thrilling fashion.

Eventual winners Benger made the brighter start and were three goals up after Ethan Jones notched a brace with support from Craig Askew.

Graham Griffiths and Kai Miller pulled goals back for the hosts prior to half-time before Dan Neale equalised and Griffiths’ second handed Arms a one-goal lead.

The match turned on its head once more as Benger’s Jones added goals four and five before Arms’ Miller equalised for the home team.

Five goals apiece remained the game’s situation at full-time, meaning an additional half-hour was required.

Fortunately for Benger, Greg Bell and Jones were on target to complete an incident packed 7-5 win.

Elsewhere, Knockout Cup holders Box Rovers are also through to the last eight after securing a nervy 4-3 win over Royal Oak.

Despite leading 4-1, Rovers had to show fight and determination in the game’s latter stages after Chris O’Donovan and Curtis Bailey brought Oak within a goal.

It wasn’t to be for brave Oak, though, who were dumped out in narrow circumstances.

Also in action were Chippenham Icons, who were hoping to cause another cup upset against New Inn Wacker after knocking out FC North Wiltshire in the previous round.

Icons obliged to the task and booked a quarter-final spot after coming from a goal behind to claim a 3-1 win.

Mkumbi Solonki handed New Inn the lead, but that was short lived as Adam O’Keefe equalised before Alan Farnish’s bullet header combined with Ryan Nicholls’ late strike earned Icons the victory.

In other Knockout Cup results, Westbury Rangers acted quickly to move their game against Spratak Rudloe to Vallens Terrace from Meadow Lane.

Rangers were certainly thankful for organisers’ quick thinking as they won 4-1.

Marc Lanfear fired Rangers ahead with seven minutes played before Matty Mead doubled the hosts’ lead four minutes later.

Lanfear added his second – and Rangers’ third – five minutes later before Corey Gardner rounded off the winners' scoring. Joe Clark netted Rudloe’s consolation.

Premier Division

AWAY from Knockout Cup action, only one top-flight league game took place as Bromham hosted Semington.

The game went the way of the latter, who recorded a 1-0 victory thanks to Chris Dore’s first-half effort from a corner that earned Sunday’s visitors three valuable points.

Semington moved level on points with table topping FC Lacock after their latest success.

Division One

THERE was also just one game in Division One – FC Libby’s meeting against Westbury Railway was the only fixture to survive the rain as the latter claimed a 4-0 win.

Drew Adams scored a brace on debut for the Railwaymen before Richie Crocker added another two goals in the second half.

Division Two

TWO games survived the November rain in Division Two.

With the league’s top three teams in Knockout Cup action, Lavis took full advantage by moving from fourth to second after Wednesday Warriors were defeated 4-1.

A goalless first half was followed by five second-half strikes – Cameron Curtis handed Warriors the lead before Reuben Spong got Lavis back on level terms.

But substitute Aaron Latchen got Lavis back on track before Spong added his second and Simon Parfitt rounded off the scoring.

Elsewhere, Bremhill View were thankful to recent signing Chris Robinson, who scored both goals in View’s 2-0 win at Steeple Ashton.

Wiltshire Sunday Cup

THE weather claimed two of the weekend’s four county cup fixtures, although FC Lacock’s match with top Swindon League team Greyhound did survive.

Lacock went on to shock Greyhound by recording a 2-1 win after goals from Dan King and Luke Clement.

Biddestone are also through to the next round after they were awarded their game with Amesbury Juniors, who failed to field a team.