LEYTON Orient made light work of Grimsby Town as they won 4-0 in their last game under interim manager Ross Embleton, who will resume his role of assistant manager when Carl Fletcher takes the helm.

An early strike from Daniel Happe gave Orient the lead, with Josh Coulson widening the margin in the 21st minute.

James Alabi added a third in the 80th minute, leaving Josh Wright's late penalty to put the gloss on a dominant performance.

Plymouth Argyles' Joel Grant scored his third goal in three games when handing his side the advantage as they beat Carlisle United 2-0.

The game was put to bed in stoppage time as midfielder Antoni Sarcevic unleashed an unstoppable strike past Carlisle keeper Adam Collin.

Northampton Town's four-game winless run came to an end as they defeated Salford City 2-0 at Sixfields Stadium.

A first-half penalty from Sam Hoskins handed the hosts the lead before Jordan Turnbull grabbed a second in the 66th minute.

Bradford Town climbed into second place with a 2-1 victory over Crawley Town - their third successive win.

An attacking start saw the Bantams take an early lead when Harry Pritchard connected with a Zeli Ismail cross to claim the opener.

Pritchard was replaced with an injury before the break by Danny Devine, who made an instant impact when linking up with Aramide Oteh to score a second for the hosts.

Crawley fought back, with Reece Grego-Cox reigniting hopes by scoring in the 81st minute, but an equaliser did not materialise.

Cheltenham Town are now unbeaten in seven league fixtures after defeating Walsall 2-1.

Ben Tozer's first-half strike was cancelled out in the 52nd minute by a Walsall penalty, converted by Josh Gordon.

Michael Duff's side responded quickly, however, with Luke Varney scoring the winning goal within six minutes to seal victory.

Newport County continued to rise up the table with a 2-1 victory over Scunthorpe United.

Padraig Amond took the initiative in the closing moments of the first half but a Mark O'Brien own goal pulled the Iron level.

Josh Sheehan ensured three points were claimed after the break, latching on to a ball from Amond and firing into the bottom corner.

A late strike from Jak McCourt ensured Macclesfield Town did not leave Oldham Athletic empty-handed after a dominant performance was rewarded with a 1-0 win.

His 86th-minute effort saw the Silkmen's unbeaten spell extend to four matches.

Cambridge United brushed aside visitors Exeter City as they sealed a convincing 4-0 victory.

Luke Hannant struck before the break before a rampant second half saw Jack Roles, George Taft and Andrew Dallas add to the scoreline to secure an impressive win for Colin Calderwood's side.

Cole Stockton aided Morecambe in claiming their first win since August when scoring the only goal at Colchester United.

Forest Green Rovers let a 2-0 lead slip away as they hosted Mansfield Town, eventually taking just a point from a 2-2 draw.

Aaron Collins handed the hosts the lead before Jack Aitchison added a second in the 61st minute but substitute Andy Cook hit a double to ensure a share of the spoils.

Port Vale drew 1-1 with Stevenage after an early strike from Jake Taylor was cancelled out by a contentious penalty, converted by Kurtis Guthrie, to leave both sides with a point apiece.