NEIKELL Plummer's hat-trick secured Bradford Town FA Cup progress on Saturday following a 3-2 win away at Cheddar in the extra preliminary round.

The Bobcats could not be separated from their Toolstation League Premier Division rivals throughout the first half in Somerset before Wayne Thorne's side took control after the break.

Plummer led the charge for the visitors, grabbing all the goals to put them 3-0 up after 56 minutes.

However, Cheddar fought back from there and Adam Jones' double meant for a nervous conclusion for Bradford, but the Bobcats ultimately held on.

Westbury United were unable to join Bradford in the hat for the next round of the cup after they suffered a 1-0 defeat at home to Fareham.

Neil Kirkpatrick's side had won both of their opening two Toolstation Premier fixtures heading into the cup clash, so the United boss was disappointed not to continue that form.

Westbury have been denied the chance for an immediate response this weekend as they do not play again until August 21, while Bradford travel to Tavistock Town in the league on Saturday.

Kirkpatrick said: “It’s massively disappointing because the opposition were there for the taking.

“It is difficult to put a finger on why our level dropped. Whether having two tough league games in the same week took it out of us, I don’t know.

“From back to front, we were just very, very flat.

“It is frustrating that you can have three games in eight days and then no game for 10 days.

“We have a game next Wednesday but two free Saturdays around it. That is just how it is I suppose, but it would have been nice to have got back at it sooner rather than later.

“The first two league games, we were outstanding. We have done everything right and if we had played half as well as that we would have won on Saturday, but that’s how football is sometimes.”

Hellenic League Premier Division side Royal Wootton Bassett Town will require victory in a midweek replay on the road if they are to make FA Cup progress after drawing 1-1 at home to Aylesbury Dynamos in Saturday's original tie.

Chris Jackson put Bassett ahead but Keith Murfururirwa equalised for the visitors before the break.

Division One West side Malmesbury Victoria saw their cup hopes come to an end following a 3-0 defeat at Longlevens.