WARMINSTER United won the AM Print & Copy-sponsored A&B Cup in the Trowbridge Windows and Conservatories Trowbridge & District League after defeating Holt in the final at Meadow Lane in Westbury.

After an opening 20 minutes, Warminster keeper Jean-Claude Brown tipped a Finn Young shot onto the bar.

Holt then started to look dangerous going forward, but Ashley Caws free and scored an excellent solo goal to put Warminster 1-0 up at the break.

Holt went in search of an equaliser in the second half but their hopes ended on the hour when Matt Dyer crossed for James Vincent to double Warminster’s lead.

The Kevin Mounty man of the match award was given to Warminster’s Ashley Caws.

Division One

CHAMPIONS Holt travelled to Hilperton United for their final league fixture and came away with a 1-0 victory.

A first-half strike from Mark Maguire was enough for Holt to finish the campaign with three more points.

Freshford United comfortably eased past Semington Magpies 5-0 and now know they only have to avoid defeat against Hilperton next weekend to claim runners-up spot.

Hilperton are four points behind in the standings but have a game in hand, so can overhaul Freshford by taking maximum points from their final two games.

Freshford led 1-0 at half-time through an Alfie Little strike before taking command after the restart with Little’s second, one each from Dave Percival and Nick Ross and a Semington own goal.

Three Daggers ran out 6-3 winners over Heytesbury.

A brace apiece for Phillip Hampson and Joseph Moloney and one each from Jack Hayward and Mathew Mead completed the haul for Daggers, with Sam Wright (2) and Mike Payne on the scoresheet for Heytesbury.

Division Two

WARMINSTER United have been crowned champions, although they clinched the title without kicking a ball at the weekend as opponents Greyhound were unable to raise a side.

Spring Cup

CALNE Town Reserves are the first team to reach the final of Gooding Accounts-sponsored Spring Cup after beating Aces 3-1 in the semis.

Aces took the lead after four minutes courtesy of Keegan Smart, but Adam Sullivan equalised for Calne before the break.

Brett Fairclough scored twice in the second half – one from the penalty spot – as Calne won a competitive match.