MINETY made it back-to-back wins Dorset & Wilts One North with a 39-19 success away at Chippenham 2nd.

With the wind at their backs, Minety opened the scoring with their first attack. Mark Glew fed Sam Hughes 35m out and he cut through the defence to score a try he converted himself.

Minety increased their lead after a dominant scrum. Hughes fed Jack Howse, who cut through the defence to score out wide, with the conversion sailing narrowly wide in the wind.

Glew set up Minety’s third try with a fine break in midfield. The ball was recycled to Hughes, who passed to Howse 30m out and he chipped the defence to run in for the touchdown as Hughes added the extras.

A Hughes penalty pushed Minety 22-0 up, but Chippenham soon got themselves on the scoresheet with a fine solo converted try from 60m.

In the final play of the half, Glew fed Hughes and he sliced through the defence before offloading to Chris Rule to run in the bonus-point try and make it 27-5 at half-time.

With the benefit of the wind, Chippenham started the second half strongly but seldom looked like breaching the visiting defence.

Another brilliant solo break from Hughes released the pressure and he fed Howse, who side-stepped through the defence to complete his hat-trick. Hughes slotted the conversion.

Chippenham enjoyed a strong spell and two converted tries cut a 34-5 gap to 34-19, but Minety had the final word and a huge scrummage saw Andrew Hibbard burst for the line, and although he was tackled, Ben Collins was on hand to finish the job.

Elsewhere, Sutton Benger suffered a 34-15 defeat away to Pewsey.

Benger were first on the scoresheet, with controlled pick-and-goes from the forwards seeing them creep towards the tryline before prop Matt Baker drove over for an unconverted try.

Conceding seemed to invigorate Pewsey and they responded with three tries themselves to take a 17-5 advantage into half-time.

Benger were awarded a penalty in the early stages of the second half Callum Harford made sure of the three points.

However, Pewsey hit back with their fourth try of the day and the subsequent conversion was followed by a penalty too.

Benger were playing much better in the second half, though, and were able to pull a try back when good work on the wing from Alex Blackmore and Ollie Waddington saw the latter cross the tryline.

However, frustrations in the team began to grow and Benger found themselves reduced to 14 men as Matt Baker was shown a yellow card, and Pewsey took full advantage to score their fifth try of the deal and seal the win.

Finally, Calne were crushed 61-10 on their trip to Warminster.