THE only fixture in the Chippenham & District League Premier Division to take place on another weather-disrupted weekend saw Westbury Rangers claim a 3-0 victory at FC Bradford to boost their hopes of beating the drop.

Josh Gardner’s effort gave Rangers a half-time lead, Stewart Lisowski’s stunning drive into the top corner doubled the advantage on 80 minutes and Rob Youens wrapped things up with a third two minutes from time.


LEADERS Bromham claimed a 3-0 victory over Sutton Benger to nudge closer to securing promotion to the top flight and back-to-back titles after joining the league last season.

Ryan Bole and Caleb Englefield were both on target in the first half, with the latter’s second of the game – and 17th goal of the campaign – clinching the villagers their win.

With second-placed Faded missing out on a fixture, both FC Libby and opponents Westbury Railway had the chance to leapfrog their rivals with a victory – and it was the Railwaymen who kept their promotion challenge on track with a 3-2 success.

Jamie Hancock got on the end of an excellent team move to give Westbury the lead, which was cancelled out by Tom Foley’s penalty.

Simon Kent finished well from a corner to regain the lead for the visitors and John Williams added a third. Although Ryhs Edwards made things interesting with a second for Libby, that proved to be a case of too little, too late as Westbury took all three points.

The Foresters Arms were denied a fourth straight victory by Kingfisher at a very wet Christie Miller as a 6-3 victory for the Fishermen clinched a double over their opponents this season.

Rob Sandiford got Foresters back on level terms after Will Stone had put Kingfisher in front and Ben Leslie and Richie Bolter netted to put the visitors 3-1 up at the break.

A second from Leslie made it 4-1 before a Graham Griffiths penalty and Pete Gainey’s goal saw Foresters reduce the gap to an odd goal.

Luke Carr put Kingfisher 5-3 up before Leslie missed out on a hat-trick when he failed to convert from the penalty spot, with Andy Rose then the man to complete the half-dozen for the winners late on.


THE match of the day was undoubtedly the top-of-the-table clash between Lion & Fiddle and Worton & Cheverell, with the former avenging their heavy defeat last October with a 4-1 triumph to end their opponent’s 100 per cent record.

Leon Greenland scored from the spot to give Lion the lead. Worton then went down to 10 men following the dismissal of Jamie Wallen, but they still restored parity at half-time through Ali Bradley’s penalty.

Connor McKay regained the advantage for Lion before Bradley King-Taylor scored direct from a corner to make it 3-1 and Tom Blackman completed the win which means the title race looks likely to go to the wire.

Adam O’Keefe’s hat-trick helped Old Road defeat Biddestone 4-0 to move into fourth. Nick Mills got the other goal.

Wednesday Warriors could not avoid defeat in their final league match as they slipped to a 7-4 loss to Gloucester Conservative.

Ethan Green, Jacob Chalwood and a Bradley Edwards double accounted for the Warriors’ quartet. Arron Burbidge led the way for Cons with a hat-trick as Nathan Edwards, Andy Morton, Dale Raine and a Grady Dufosee own goal made up their tally.