GOALKEEPER Stuart Moore admitted there was little he could do about Cheltenham Town’s three goals at the County Ground on Saturday, believing problems further up the pitch must be resolved.

The 23-year-old, who was making his Swindon Town debut, was helpless when Jake Andrews directed a free kick past his reach on 40 minutes before a Mohamed Eisa brace ended what proved to be a miserable afternoon for Matt Taylor’s men.

Both of Eisa’s goals came from seemingly controllable situations. A punt forward from the halfway line saw Eisa break free of his marker before unleashing a strike into the roof of Moore’s net before Odelusi’s unselfish pass into the box left Moore with few options late in the second half.

Moore said: “As a goalkeeper it’s frustrating.

“I don’t think I had much chance with the goals. I look at the game and think there are places we can stop goals further up the pitch.

“Is it something I need to organise or something the players need to look at?

“Everyone’s disappointed with the result. Not a huge amount was said in the dressing room after. Everyone is a bit down but ready to go for next week.”

Moore, who found out he would be playing on Friday, could not fault Town’s preparation in the build-up to Saturday’s game. However, he admitted Cheltenham Town ‘wanted it more’ and said his side weren’t at their best.

Just two shots on target throughout the game highlighted that fact, but Moore remains confident Town will come back stronger.

He said: “It was a difficult game. They came out well structured and knew what they were doing. Saying that, we knew what we were doing. But it seemed as though they wanted it more on the day.

“We’ll have a look on Monday and go through the game and try to pick out points to come back stronger.

“Everyone has been in great spirit. Matt (Taylor) is a great guy and everyone wanted to do well for him. Maybe we’re trying too hard.

“We’ve all got respect for him and he’s prepared us right. We’re still in touching distance when it comes to the league.”

Saturday’s appearance came as a reward for the hard work put in by Moore both on and off the pitch, having spent six years out on loan at various Football League clubs before dropping down to play for Barrow.

Happy to make his maiden first team appearance, he said: "I’ve been working hard and pushing Reice (Charles-Cook).

“My aim is to get back as a league goalkeeper. It’s always nice to put in a solid performance but we conceded three goals.

“I’ve been working hard in training, in the gym and on and off the pitch.

“Every day I’ve pushed myself to be ready. When the chance comes I’m there.”