SWINDON Town manager David Flitcroft was thrilled with how well his side dealt with the physical threat of Forest Green Rovers as they made it three wins on the bounce in League Two this afternoon after a narrow 1-0 victory at home.

Luke Norris got the only goal of the game for Swindon with 11 minutes to play, bundling home after a goalmouth scramble, to push Flitcroft’s side up to ninth in the table and level on points with the play-off places.

Rovers have been one of the most proactive sides during the January transfer window, making six new signings in total, with former Town manager Mark Cooper naming a starting XI packed with size and strength at the Energy Check County Ground.

However, Swindon nullified virtually all of their visitors’ attacking weapons as goalkeeper Reice Charles-Cook made just a single save throughout the match and Flitcroft was full of praise for how his team stood up to the challenge.

“That is the biggest team we have played this season. The lads matched them physically and technically at times, we looked really good. I am delighted with the score and delighted with the three points,” said Flitcroft.

“Reice has not had really any work to do and that’s all credit to the back three players, I thought they were fantastic.

“A few managers have called me about (Christian) Doidge’s ability at this level and him and (Reuben) Reid are going to cause problems for teams but we shackled them and didn’t let them get anywhere near our goal, so full credit to the team.

“The way they defended, the willingness to put themselves on the line, there was a real want to get our home form up and running and it’s started with a clean sheet.”

The game was far from a pulsating affair, with a physicality outdoing creativity for large periods but Town had by far the better chances before they did break the deadlock.

Keshi Anderson was twice denied by Rovers keeper Brad Collins in the first half and Flitcroft was in little doubt that his side were worthy winners in the end.

“I think the game started really scrappy and it was as wrestle, no one wanted to lose the game,” said Flitcroft.

“In the last 20 minutes of the first half, I thought we totally bossed it and created some good chances. We should have gone in to the good.

“The first two shots that Collins saved from Keshi were good saves and we came it half-time at 0-0 with Forest Green never threatening us.

“The second half was again scrappy and a real wrestle.”