SECOND-PLACED Notts County failed to take full advantage of Luton's surprise defeat at struggling Chesterfield as they had to settle for a point in an entertaining 2-2 draw at Lincoln.

The Magpies are now three points behind the leaders, with Accrington moving into the automatic promotion places with a 2-0 win at Cheltenham.

Swindon Town are ninth, but just two points behind Stanley in third

Notts County took the lead after 35 minutes when a clipped pass from Lewis Alessandra was headed home by Jon Stead.

But the visitors' joy was short-lived as Lincoln debutant Lee Frecklington, who returned to the Imps from Rotherham this week, fired in an equaliser two minutes later.

The Magpies were behind after 67 minutes when Matt Green slotted home but it was 2-2 when Jorge Grant crashed in a shot off the underside of the crossbar.

First-half goals from Joe Rowley and Jak McCourt earned second-bottom Chesterfield a shock 2-0 win against the free-scoring Hatters.

The Spireites took the lead after 19 minutes when Robbie Weir's cross was turned in by Rowley and McCourt converted from the penalty spot after 25 minutes to put Chesterfield firmly in control, and they held on to move out of the bottom two.

Billy Kee scored for the fifth consecutive game to put Accrington in front at Whaddon Road and it was 2-0 after 62 minutes when Kayden Jackson took advantage of a weak back-pass from Manny Onariase to nip in and score.

Wycombe moved fourth with a 3-1 triumph over Colchester.

The Chairboys took the lead after 14 minutes when Craig Mackail-Smith's cross was headed in by Adebayo Akinfenwa and that was doubled 10 minutes later when Paris Cowan-Hall's shot deflected in.

Luke O'Nien smashed in an unstoppable volley to make it 3-1, with Colchester striker Sammie Szmodics' 13th goal of the season shortly afterwards nothing more than a consolation.

Exeter moved above opponents Coventry thanks to Ryan Harley's early goal, while Sam Cosgrove headed home the only goal of the game as Carlisle claimed a 1-0 win at home to Crewe.

Newport maintained their fine form with a 2-1 win at Grimsby.

Robbie Willmott found the bottom corner from the edge of the box to give the Exiles the lead and Frank Nouble made it two after 56 minutes with a deflected effort.

Jamille Matt offered Grimsby late hope but was then dismissed a minute from time to kill off any chance.

A last-gasp stunner from Fraser Franks earned Stevenage a point in a 1-1 draw at Morecambe, who had gone ahead through Kevin Ellison's close-range strike, while Tom Pope's late penalty ensured Port Vale took a point in their 1-1 draw with Yeovil.

Francois Zoko had fired the Glovers in front with his ninth goal of the season following good work from Otis Khan.

Enzio Boldewijn scored twice to earn Crawley a 2-0 win over Barnet, while Cambridge and Mansfield played out a goalless draw.