FREE-SCORING Chippenham made it five South West One East wins in a row as Old Centralians were comprehensively put to the sword 41-10 at Allington Field.

The home side wrapped up the bonus-point success as they ran in six tries to stay in touch with the leaders Old Patesians.

A blistering start saw the hosts 15-0 up with barely a quarter of the match gone, fly-half Dom Riccio opening their account with a penalty before number eight Charlie Palmer concluded a fine handling move with the opening try.

Ryan Surry soon followed him across the whitewash, Riccio adding the extras, before Cents got themselves on the board with their opening try.

Replacement Matt Dickens got in on the try-scoring action, courtesy of a sublime 'back-door' pass from fellow sub Jon Turner and Riccio converted for a 22-5 interval advantage.

Cents were first on the board after the break, but Chippenham resumed their attacking flair with wing Brad Doggett going over in the corner and Palmer touching down for a second time, Riccio converting both.

Doggett wrapped up the emphatic result with his second of the game.

Meanwhile, Chippenham  have secured a season-long sponsorship from Bath-based cyber security company Computer Network Defence (CND).

The deal came about when the company’s head of recruitment - and Chippenham skipper - Ryan Surry persuaded managing director Andy Cuff, who was about to sponsor a box at Bath United, to back Wiltshire club instead for the same price.

Cuff said: “As Ryan pointed out when convincing me that our money would be better invested in Chippenham Rugby, it’s not just about the Saturday matches.

“There are hundreds of youngsters who are members of numerous youth teams and their parents work for an extraordinarily eclectic mix of companies. This was the hidden gem within the sponsorship.''

Chippenham chairman Ian Banister added: "We are delighted that CND have joined the ‘rugby family’ and are enjoying the culture of the rugby community and recognising the contribution the club is making across the wider community. 

“It is only with the financial support of our sponsors can we fully deliver on that promise and we look forward to working together with CND in the future.”

ROYAL Wootton Bassett continued the process of turning their South West One East season on its head by claiming a third straight victory with a 30-20 success at Wimborne.

Having lost their opening five games of the campaign, the Ballards Ash men have bounced back emphatically, following up wins over local rivals Swindon and Stratford-Upon-Avon with their latest success.

The visitors deservedly led 13-0 at half-time and despite a Wimborne revival and long injury delay, with debutant wing Sam Davies injured in a tackle, eventually secured the four points.

Team boss George Loughlin said: "Potentially this was the best performance so far as we had to draft in a number of squad players in the back division and Wimborne possessed a really decent side.

"The best news of the day was that winger Sam Davies, after a precautionary check-up, was given the all clear.

Despite a late arrival in Dorset, Bassett started well, pounding the hosts' line before settling for a penalty from second row Dave Hogg.

The good opening phase continued as back row Gavin Ougan seized on a spilled pass to sprint 50 metres for the first try and, with the wind in their favour, Bassett continued to build a score as number eight Kyle Lovell picked up and powered over.

The game was delayed for 20 minutes by Davies' injury and restarted on an adjacent pitch while waiting for an ambulance and Bassett wobbled slightly at the start of the second half.

Fly-half Ieuan Clements was adjudged to have deliberately knocked on and was sin-binned, Wimborne getting on the board with a penalty and try to more than halve the deficit.

Restored to full strength, the visitors appeared to have settled matters as centre Elye Darragh crossed under the posts and Hogg converted with 15 minutes to play.

But Wimborne struck back with a converted try of their own before Bassett's hooker Filipe Kapedemai was yellow carded for a ruck offence.

The excellent Clements settled matters with five minutes remaining with a calm drop goal before Darragh's scything break and pass sent fellow centre Michael Barrell under the posts for Hogg to convert.

Bassett lost Phil Bardwell and Samuel Robinson to yellow cards in the final two minutes, allowing Wimborne a late consolation score.