BRADFORD on Avon head coach Dave George is finding it difficult to gauge the progress of his side's Dorset & Wilts One North campaign despite their third straight victory on Saturday.

The Ashley Lane men swamped hosts Swindon 2nd 81-0 to continue their flawless start to the season and maintain their position at the top of the standings alongside Combe Down.

Murray Dewar had a debut to remember on the wing as he bagged a hat-trick of tries, but centre Tom Culshaw trumped that by crossing four times in the 13-try hammering.

Prop Owen Martin and centre Josh Felix both touched down twice, while full-back Lewis Somerville and fly-half Alex Baker were also on the scoresheet, Felix landing eight conversions to complete the rout.

George said: "We're just going through our processes of what we did in pre-season and seeing what happens and it's working at the moment.

"The league is a tough one because one week you have opposition that are not so good and the next a really strong side.

"We've got to go to Melksham this weekend and that will be a tough game. But we're training hard and it's making us a tighter team.''

However, Melksham slipped to a second defeat of the campaign as early pacesetters Combe Down secured a 53-7 triumph at Oakfields.

The hosts' bad run of injuries continued to plague them, with more than 10 players unavailable and they found it tough to contain the accurate, powerful play of the visitors, who scored nine tries.

Melksham earned some reward in the dying minutes with an inspired cross-field kick collected and scored by first team debutant Luke Cador, fly-half Simon Foster adding the conversion.

An outstanding individual performance from Minety scrum-half Garin Garland capped a fine team display as they trounced local rivals Royal Wootton Bassett 2nd 50-12.

Garland’s four tries and five conversions garnered the villagers 30 points as they overran the opposition with eight tries in all.

Minety opened the scoring in the second minute as centre Jack Ward's break set up the move from which fellow centre Matt Roberts, back from long-term injury, touched down.

They extended their advantage as second row Ben Scott seized a lineout and Garland spotted a small gap to go over near the corner before converting himself.

Garland scored again from a quick tap penalty on the half-hour for another converted score before Bassett pounced on a mistake to score their first try.

But the scrum-half completed the hat-trick just before the interval and converted to wrap up the bonus point with a 26-5 lead.

A second Bassett try followed early in the second period but three Minety tries in six minutes followed, wing Dave Cooke, Garland again and former captain Andrew Hibbard touching down and Garland adding the extras.

Club coach Andy Grayson said: “Our set pieces were brilliant and allowed us to move the ball wide and score tries.

"We switched on straight away and dominated the game and next week we need a copy of the performance against a Supermarine team who are unbeaten this season and who sit equal top of the table.”

Warminster overcame stubborn resistance from Trowbridge 2nd early on to register their third straight win with a 47-7 success at Doric Park.

The visitors lost James Rowbotham to a yellow card in the first half and it wasn't until the latter stages of the opening period that Laisiasa Vinakadina scored the first try and Jason Sprangle converted.

But the tries came thick and fast after the break as James Pinnell, Vinakadina - who was also sin-binned - twice more, Matt Frere and Tom Evans touched down, Sprangle booting five more conversions.

Pewsey Vale welcomed new coach Jamie Balls to their set-up, however, they were edged out 22-17 at home by Supermarine on Saturday.

RFU trainer Balls returned to the area last month, having coached at both amateur and professional level, but his new club slipped to defeat as concentration and poor tackling cost them.

Vale were caught napping with eight minutes on the clock when poor first-up tackling allowed the visitors a converted try under the posts before the hosts responded with a Tom Regan penalty.

Five minutes before half-time centre Chris Takel intercepted a loose pass and raced in from the half-way line to dot down between the posts, Regan adding the extras to tie the scores.

Marine surged forward and went through more suspect defence to score an unconverted try, followed quickly by a third try, this time the extras being added.

The last quarter saw Pewsey at their best, using their forward power to pummel the visitors’ line.

Held up twice over the whitewash, with 15 minutes left prop Tom Baish finally crashed over for a try, converted by Regan, but Marine held on for the victory.