David Scott, his girlfriend Cynthia and baby Janina are finally home in Swindon - and starting to plan their new lives together.

The trio became embroiled in a bizarre adultery case in the Phillipines earlier this year which saw them jailed and end up hiding in the jungle to avoid further time in prison.

Cynthia's estranged husband brought the full force of Filipino law down on David and Cynthia when he learned of their romantic tryst.

Mr Scott, 37, from Walcot, arrived in Britain after his family raised money to pay for his fare, and he said he is delighted to be back.

"It's a huge relief to be back after all this time," he said.

"It's great for mum to finally be able to meet Cynthia and Janina.

"I can't describe how happy I was when I got off that plane and I saw my mum there - I just threw my arms around her."

His ordeal began in the Philippines at the start of this year when he and his then pregnant girlfiend Cynthia were arrested because she was still married to a man she left years ago - adultery is against the law in the Philippines.

The couple spent three days in a tiny jail cell in Manila after police arrived at their home.

They were told they would have to pay Cynthia's husband £7,000 for the charges to be dropped.

In the months that followed the couple were able to flee the Philippines and have been living in Thailand while they waited to see if Cynthia and their new-born baby Janina could get British citizenship.

That was finally granted earlier this month.

"There have been times over the last few months when I never thought this moment was going to come," said Mr Scott.

"That's a terrible thing to think - that you're never going to come home. But we got through it and here we are.

"It's difficult to describe what we went through because if you weren't there you can't really begin to understand.

"It made me realise how lucky we are to live in England, where if you see a policeman in the street you know they are there to help you and aren't going to pull a gun on you.

"I'm just really grateful to everyone who has helped me come home - my family, my MP and the journalists who have helped me."

Cynthia admitted that she was nervous about the prospect of coming to England.

She said: "I didn't know what to expect but people have been really friendly to me.

"It's been a difficult time and I am relived that it is over.

"Now I'm looking forward to making a new life with my daughter and my boyfriend.

"I feel like I am really part of the family here and I have been made to feel so welcome.

"I like everything about being in England - except maybe the weather; it's so cold here."

Mr Scott's mother Ann said she was over the moon to have her son back at home, and to meet the latest additions to her family.

She said: "It's wonderful to finally meet them. Cynthia hasn't let me do a thing since she arrived.

"She said Sit down mum, I'll take care of everything.' "She's a fantastic cook - I could definitely get used to Filipino food."

But it's not all good news - the cost of flying the family all the way back from Thailand has left the Scotts struggling to make ends meet.

Mr Scott, who previously worked as a plasterer, and Cynthia, who was a supervisor at Emirates Palace Hotel, are both keen to find work as soon as possible.

They also hope to clear up the ongoing saga of Cynthia's marriage annulment with her estranged husband.

Mr Scott said: "I'd marry her tomorrow but first we have to clear up this situation."

Cynthia said: "I hope that we can get married soon. It would make things absolutely perfect."