Kintbury Rangers now have two trophies under their belt, as they beat Drayton 2-1 on Saturday evening to add the North Berks Cup to the Charity Shield they won last week.

It was a cracking game of football with both sides creating chances throughout.

In the first half-hour Greg Lester was unlucky that his powerful shot hit a Kintbury defender and keeper Tim Absolom of Drayton made many fine saves early on.

Kintbury opened the scoring on 37 minutes through Spencer Annetts, when he latched on to Lukas Svoboda's through ball and chipped over the imposing figure of Absolom.

The crucial moment in the game came just after the hour when Annetts beat the offside trap, side-stepped the keeper and tucked the ball home for Kintbury's second, to howls of protest from the Drayton players and supporters who expected a flag.

Drayton doubled their efforts though and pulled a goal back fifteen minutes from time through Mark Kelly's close range header but instead of seizing the initiative they got drawn into confrontations with the Berkshire men.

The cause became lost when Kelly was sent off for violent conduct against Craig Angell.

At the end Drayton supporters couldn't accept their defeat with any good sportsmanship as they derided the officials throughout the presentations, given by the Town Mayor of Abingdon Mrs Audrey Tamplin.

In remaining league matches, Division Three Champions Kintbury Rangers Reserves won 3-2 at Wootton & Dry Sandford, with Michael Spence, George Hannagh and Richard Allsopp scoring for Rangers and Mike Yardley and Nick Ridge netting for Wootton.

Promoted from Division Three in their first season in the North Berks League Inkpen coasted to a final day 5-0 win over local rivals Northcroft. Mark Granthem hit a three-timer with Darren Jones and Michael Gill also scoring.

Division Four Champions Appleton (Abingdon) signed off with a 4-2 home win over Benson Lions.

Phil Morgan, Gary Wilson, Greg Collins and Mark Brookes scored for Appleton with Leon McLeod and Aaron Moore replying for the airmen.