MALMESBURY Victoria clinched runners-up spot in the Chippenham and District League Premier Division with two wins at the weekend.

As the curtain came down on the 37th season Malmesbury finished second behind champions Percy's FC after picking up maximum points from their games with Winsley and All Cannings A.

Travelling to Winsley on Saturday, Malmesbury needed victory to set up a 'winner takes all' clash with All Cannings the following day.

Winsley themselves needed victory to avoid relegation but Malmesbury were in form and came out 3-1 winners Alan Webb, Anthony Vizard and Gavin Thompson scoring.

With all to play for against knock-out cup winners All Cannings, Malmesbury completed a double winning 3-1 with goals from Thompson, Lee Bevis and a Vizard penalty.

At the foot of the table, Pack Horse survived the drop despite losing 7-3 against Winsley in midweek.

Winsley's victory brought the teams level on points but Horse had a far better goal difference and survived.

Ian Williams (2) and Martin Powell were on target for Horse with Paul Ranger (3), Andy Sandell (2), Lee Bruton and Sam Gent.

In their final game, Pack Horse played Box and battled back to win 4-3 with goals from Martin Powell (2), Paul Duckett, Dave Williams.

Title-chasing Terry's went to West End in midweek knowing victory would keep their Division One championship bid alive.

Goals from Paul Clarke (2) and Chris Gale earned Terry's a 3-1 win.

And, Terry's finally clinched the title on Sunday beating Maud Heath 5-1.

On target for Terry's were Clarke(2), Iain Winterborrom, Jake Gaines, and substitute Ross Pugh.

Chasing West Lavington (Sunday), who had lead the league for so long, did all they could do, winning their clash with West End Wanderers 4-0.

Simon Drewitt scored all four of West Lavington's goals.

Westbridge United's manager Tim Cross signed off in fine style, his final game in charge, beating local rivals Trowbridge Harriers 5-1,

On target for Westbridge were Paul Daly (2) Paul Bendell (2) and Stuart Northam.

Christian Malford's last game of the season in Division Two was a 10-goal midweek thriller against Wingfield which ended 5-5.

Scoring for Malford were Scott Evans (4), Gary Blackwood,

On target for Wingfield were Andy Edwards, Guy Rowley, and Ian Williams (3).

Although not involved in the fight for a top-two finish Wingfield had a huge say in the automatic promotion place behind champions Semington Rovers.

With Biddestone Social Club occupying second spot going into the last week of fixtures they could have been overtaken by Chippenham Black Horse if they beat Wingfield.

But Wingfield were having none of it, winning 2-1 with goals fom Paul Cantello and Ted Miluk.

Two midweek defeats for Cooper Avon against Southwick Sports and Roadrunners FC left them needing victory over Rowde to stay in Division Three.

Both sides failed to break the deadlock at the break and it was cruel bit of fate that sent Rowde down as Dean Harrison put through his own net to gift Cooper Avon victory.

Division three champions Holt FC celebrated their title with a 3-1 win over Corsham Park Rangers Tom Pang (2) and Jon Andrew scoring for Holt.

AFC Unicorn were up for their game with runners-up Blue Circle Saints and ran out emphatic 8-0 winners.

Lee Scutter (4), Dean Fry (2), Danny Box and Stuart Thorburn scored for Unicorn.