MARLBOROUGH is looking for a new town councillor after a seat has become available. 

The notice of vacancy for the Marlborough West ward has been published on the Wiltshire Council website, as well as on Marlborough Town Council webpage.

Residents can request that a new election is held on the coun and filling out the form provided and emailing it to

READ MORE: Wiltshire Police Federation slams the government and Priti Patel over police officer pay freeze

If 10 or more requests for the position are received by registered Chippenham voters an election will be held no later than October 16.

Residents have until August 12, 2021 to notify the council of their wishes. 

If an election is not held the seat will be filled by co-option from other areas.