A HOUSEHOLDER was given advice by a fire crew from Marlborough who were sent to investigate a smell of burning inside a property at West Overton.

On arrival at 2.44pm today, the crew confirmed there was a strong smell of burning in the property and that the mains electrics upstairs had tripped out on the fuse board.

Firefighters used air monitoring equipment and a thermal imaging camera to check the roof void, ground floor and first floor of the property on Peacock.

A blown smart LED lightbulb was determined to be the cause and the crew gave further advice to the occupiers and advised them to request an electrician to attend.