ROYAL WOOTTON BASSETT: A boy of 15 who was found in the high street with a knuckle duster on him has been given a four-month referral order.

The teen, who cannot be named because he is under 18, appeared before Wiltshire Youth Court where he pleaded guilty to assaulting another male on March 2 and having an offensive weapon in a public place.

The bench instructed him to pay £20 towards victim services and £40 prosecution costs and ordered the knuckleduster to be forfeited and destroyed by the police.

CORSHAM: Assaulting a special constable earned a 16-year-old Corsham boy a four-month contract with the youth offender panel.

The boy pleaded guilty to assaulting an emergency service worker on June 15 and was told by the youth magistrates he must pay his victim £100 compensation along with £20 towards victim services.

DEVIZES: A girl aged 16 who threw punches at two police officers and robbed two people has been made the subject of a 12-month detention and training order.

The girl, who cannot be named, pleaded guilty to behaving in a violent manner towards the police and causing damage to three vehicles on June 20, damaging a fourth on July 3, robbing another person of a zip up bag on the canal towpath at Devizes on July 16 and robbing a woman of her mobile phone in Wharf Street four days later.

The youth court heard the offences had been committed while she was on a referral order imposed on June 18 for offences of criminal damage, possession of a blade and assault. She was told to pay a £32 victim surcharge.

CHIPPENHAM: James Owen, 22, of Kings Avenue, appeared before Wiltshire magistrates charged with assaulting a police officer, assaulting another man and possession of cannabis.

He denied all three allegations and was remanded on unconditional until January 2 for a trial.

BOX: A landowner accused of breaching an enforcement notice by not removing unauthorised hardstanding on land at Thistle Barn has been told he must appear before magistrates in Swindon. Peter Waters is due to make his plea on October 29.

CHIPPENHAM: Darron Borrow has been summonsed to appear before magistrates on November 6 charged with driving a VW Golf on the M4 at junction 17 with more than the legal limit of cocaine and benzoylecgonine in his blood.The 52-year-old of Berrow Park, Harwell, Didcot, is due to make his plea.

CHIPPENHAM: The theft of sweets and drinks worth £5 from Sainsbury’s Local cost Amy Ollerhead a £50 fine and a £30 victim surcharge.

Ollerhead, 30, of Audley Road, pleaded guilty to carrying out the theft on July 20. His fine was deemed paid by time served in custody.

PEWSEY: Magistrates banned Kevin Bates from driving for 14 months after he pleaded guilty to driving a mini on Swan Road when he was over the legal alcohol limit.

Bates, 49, of Down View, Upavon, gave a reading of 45mcg when he was breath tested on August 31. The legal limit is 35. He was fined £194 with a £32 victim surcharge and £85 prosecution costs.

CORSHAM: Drink driver David Gregory was fined a total of £380 and banned from getting behind the wheel for a year after he was caught driving a VW Gold on Pickwick Road when he was over the legal alcohol limit.

Gregory, 30, of Masons Way, admitted the charge. Magistrates heard a breath test on August 23 showed a level of 53mcg. A £38 victim surcharge and £85 court costs were added.

CHIPPENHAM: Magistrates instructed Jordan Hudd to do 160 hours of unpaid work after he admitted assaulting another man.

Hudd, 19, of Flowers Yard, caused actual bodily harm to his victim in the incident on June 6. He was given a six-month community order with 15 hours at an attendance centre and told he must pay £100 compensation, with a £90 contribution to victim services.

ROYAL WOOTTON BASSETT: Derek King, 66, was disqualified from driving for a year and ordered to pay a total of £549 after he pleaded guilty to being over the alcohol limit.

King, of Church Street, was caught at the wheel of a Mini in his street on August 24 and gave a breath test reading of 55mcg. He was fined £422, plus costs and a victim surcharge.