Shocked neighbours saw Jimmy Brown stumble from the wreckage of his home in Malmesbury after it was destroyed by a gas explosion today.

He told them he had just switched the kettle on before the explosion ripped through his terraced cottage on the corner of St Mary Street and Horse Fair at 4.30pm.

Mr Brown, a retired oboe player, survived the blast with just cuts and bruises and is being treated at the Great Western Hospital in Swindon.

Did you see the explosion? Tell us your story below

More updates later