WILTSHIRE & SWINDON FIRE AUTHORITY AUDIT COMMISSION ACT 1998Notice ID:
WILTSHIRE & SWINDON FIRE AUTHORITY AUDIT COMMISSION ACT 1998
ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT (ENGLAND) REGULATIONS 2011
NOTICE OF AUDIT
Following notification received by me from the Authority's Auditor, KPMG LLP, of 100 Temple Street, Bristol BS1 6AG, I HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that:-
1. The said Auditor has arranged to audit the accounts for the year ended 31 March 2015 of the Wiltshire & Swindon Fire Authority and of their officers and of any committee appointed by the said Authority.
2. For the period Monday 13 July 2015 to Friday 7 August 2015 inclusive, any person interested may inspect, on application to the Treasurer to the Authority, at Fire & Rescue Service Headquarters, Manor House, Potterne, Devizes, SN10 5PP between the hours of 9.00 am and 5.00 pm (Mondays to Thursdays) and 9.00 am and 4.30 pm (Fridays), the accounts to be audited and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts relating thereto, and may make copies of all or any part of the accounts and the said documents.
3. On or after 10 am on Monday 10th August 2015, the Auditor shall, at the request of any local government elector for the County of Wiltshire or the Borough of Swindon, give the elector, or any representative of the elector, an opportunity to question the Auditor about the said accounts.
4. On or after 10 am on Monday 10th August 2015, any local government elector for the County of Wiltshire or the Borough of Swindon may make objections as to:-
(i) any item of account which is alleged to be contrary to law;
(ii) any alleged loss or deficiency; or
(iii) any matter in respect of which the auditor could make a report in the public interest.
5. An objection under (4) above must be sent in writing to the auditor; and at the same time a copy of the objection must be sent to me at the address below.
Clerk to the Authority
Manor House, Potterne, Devizes SN10 5PP.