Section 16 of the Commons Act 2006 Proposed deregistration of common land/town or village green at: POULSHOT VILLAGE GREEN - VG 16Notice ID: TR4134546
Section 16 of the Commons Act 2006 Proposed deregistration of common land/town or village green at: POULSHOT VILLAGE GREEN - VG 16
1. Poulshot Parish Council and HGF Homes Ltd have applied to the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs under section 16 of the Commons Act 2006 for land forming part (130m2) of the abovementioned registered village green (the "release land") to cease to be so registered. The Planning Inspectorate will decide the application on behalf of the Secretary of State.
2. The purpose of this application is to enable the resurfacing of the access in bonded gravel and to formalise its width to permit suitable access to new residential development (totalling 9 dwellings of which four are to be affordable dwellings) in place of an existing gravelled driveway. This redevelopment at Higher Green Farm was granted planning permission in May 2015 under planning permission reference K/59951/F.
3. It is proposed that land totalling 200m2 (the "replacement land") be registered as Village Green in place of the release land. For information, this will form part of a larger area (1.2 acres) which will be dedicated to the parish. Change of use planning permission to allow informal recreation over this 1.2 acres has already been granted under planning reference 15/12305/FUL in February 2016.
4. The release land is described in the First Schedule to this notice, and the replacement land is described in the Second Schedule.
5. A copy of the application form and accompanying documents can be inspected at Poulshot Village Public Notice Board, outside the Village Hall, opposite The Raven Public House, The Green, Poulshot or at Wiltshire Council, County Hall Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, BA14 8JN between the hours of 9am and 5pm Monday - Friday until 14th December 2017, and on the following website:
http://www.poulshot.org.uk/parish -public-notices/. A copy of the application may be obtained by writing to RCC Town Planning Consultancy, Sandcliffe House, Northgate Street, Devizes, Wiltshire, SN10 1JT or by email to email@example.com
6. Any representations in respect of the proposed deregistration and exchange should be sent in writing ON or BEFORE that date to: Common Land Team, The Planning Inspectorate, Room 3/25B, Hawk Wing, Temple Quay House, 2 The Square, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6PN or firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Representations sent to The Planning Inspectorate cannot be treated as confidential. They will be copied to the applicant and possibly to other interested parties.
(The release land)
130 square metres of land towards the north of Poulshot Village Green (Register Unit VG 16), The Green, Poulshot, Devizes including the existing gravelled farm access which then goes on to serve buildings to the north of Higher Green Farm, centred on OS grid reference 397026 160126, edged red and indicated by the letters A, B, C and D on the plan referred to in paragraph 5 above.
(The replacement land)
200 square metres of land situated to the northeast of this access, behind (to the east of) 27 Poulshot Road, Poulshot, Devizes, centred on OS grid reference 397089 160181 and edged light green and indicated by the letters E, F, G and H on the plan referred to in paragraph 5 above, as part of a large field (1.2 acres) to be dedicated to the parish council for public use (edged blue E,L,K,J)
Poulshot Parish Council
C/o Elizabeth Martin
Parish Clerk's Office
72 The Green