A 6-0 WIN for Lacock over bottom-of-the-table Bradford United Reserves keeps Joe Martin’s side three points clear of Westwood news at the top of the Division Two standings.

Bradford, who have been struggling for much of the season, were always in with a chance in the first half as an own goal and Mark Coles' superb individual effort that saw him calmly round the keeper and roll the ball home saw them trail 2-0.

The second period saw Lacock move up through the gears as they scored another four unanswered goals.

Simon Gray putting his name to two of them, Adie Webb and Jake Marshall added the others for Martin’s men who remain as the only unbeaten team in the division.

Heytesbury 2 The Fleece 1

HEYTESBURY broke their duck for the season last week when they took a point off Westbury Town.

A week later Kieron Edwards side went one better and picked up their first victory of the campaign thanks to a 2-1 triumph at home to The Fleece FC.

It was player-manager Edwards himself who opened the scoring with a first-half effort that saw his team lead at the interval.

After the break Dan Throne restored parity for the Fleece but it was Heytesbury who netted all the points thanks to a Leigh Kennedy strike.

Trowbridge Town Reserves 0 Westwood News 4

TROWBRIDGE Town Reserves may have beaten Westwood News 6-4 just three weeks ago, but after recent defeats against Freshford United and Worton & Cheverell, Dave Jenkins' side had seen their promising start to the campaign come of the rails and it suffered a further setback at home to Mark Hurkett’s Westwood side who, thanks to a 4-0 victory, avenged their earlier loss.

Westwood opened the scoring on three minutes when Charlie Powell latched onto a long ball over the top and beat the Town’s keeper to the ball to make it 1-0.

Trowbridge had a goal ruled out for offside and they had salt rubbed into their wounds when in added on time at the end of the first half Westwood were awarded a penalty which Josh Maguire calmly slotted home to make it 2-0.

Westwood had the luxury of adding the experienced pairing of Mark Robinson and Danny Hurkett to the game in the second period and after missing a couple of gilt-edged chances to extend Westwood’s lead Robinson fired home number three of the afternoon.

What was turning out to be a good afternoon for Westwood turned sour when they had Gary Williamson sent off.

Trowbridge then had a foothold in the game for a short while and although they rattled the post it was the closest they came to a consolation as a brilliant finish from Powell saw him double his tally for the afternoon and complete a fine win for Hurkett’s side.

Westbury Town 1 Worton & Cheverell 1

HAVING stopped the Trowbridge Town Reserves juggernaut last weekend, Worton & Cheverell would have been confident of picking up another three points when they visited Westbury Town.

But they had to settle for a share of the spoils after the teams fought out an entertaining 1-1 draw.

Westbury missed a host of chances and were denied by the woodwork as they dominated the first half but against the run of play it was Worton who took the lead on 43 minutes when Tom Mason put them in front.

Westbury weren’t behind for long. With Worton still celebrating their goal the hosts went up the other end and got themselves back on level terms with Shane Newman volleying home the equaliser.

Westbury may have bossed the first half, but Worton were by far the better side in the second period, however neither team could conjure up a winner and had to do with a point each for their efforts.