TEAMS maybe nearly two months in the Shoestrings Chargrill - sponsored Chippenham Sunday League season but for Premier Division outfit Corsham CC Wildcats, their fixture away at FC Lacock was their first in the league.

With both teams ending the game with 10 players apiece following red cards for Lacock’s Billy Gleed and Wildcats man Callum Pritchard, it was Wildcats who took the points thanks to a 5-3 win.

Adam Mitchell bagged a hat-trick for the Cats, with player-manager Darrin Moss adding the other two. Billy Gleed, Kieron Gleed and Josh Hard replied for Lacock.

An 8-3 victory for Westbury Rangers away at Calne BFC saw the visitors to Beversbrook pick up maximum points from their early-season relegation battle.

Jon Hogarth’s early goal for Westbury was quickly wiped out by Stuart Windsor but strikes from Derek Wheeler, Adam Pickford and Dale Rowland put Rangers on top at half-time.

Marco Viloa’s penalty, Jake Packer and Dan Cox made it 7-1 before Joe Claire netted twice to bring Calne a little closer to their guests, whose eighth of the morning was a brilliant effort from Wheeler.

In what could only be described as appalling conditions at Poulton, Pheasant FC battled to a 2-1 win away to FC Bradford.

After a goalless first half, the deadlock was finally broken after the break by Pheasant’s Mark Dolman. Dolman then scored a sublime free-kick to double the lead and although Noah Millard pulled a goal back late on for Bradford, it was too little, too late.

Division One

Bath Road missed out on the chance to move into second place in Division One after they were beaten 6-4 by Corsham Oak.

James Hernandez, Robbie Willoughby, Adrian Webb and Joe Masson were on target for Corsham in a first half that saw Tom Sigee score twice for Bath Road.

Although Luke Jones and Matt White netted second-half goals for Bath Road, they couldn’t prevent them from suffering a third straight win as a second from Masson and one from Aaron Masson sealed Corsham’s win.

FC North Wiltshire’s 4-2 victory over White Horse FC saw them move level on points with Semington at the top of the table.

Ashley Fletcher tapped in to give North Wilts the lead before Dan Cockerill got White Horse back on level terms at the break.

Cockerill put through his own net to hand the lead back to North Wilts, only for Jamie Hancock to restore parity and North Wilts regained the lead when Matt Webb scored from the penalty spot before Dave Biggs curled home an all-important fourth goal.

For a second successive week, Westbury Cons had to settle for a share of the points from a thrilling 3-3 draw, with Sutton Benger scoring late to deny Cons the win.

Tom Merriman gave Benger the lead at the break before Jason Cole doubled the advantage but three quickfire goals from Steve Ball, Steve Knight and Alex Bell put Cons 3-2 up.

Benger were able to conjure up an equaliser, however, with a second from Merriman.

Division Two

Faded FC hosted Forest AFC in the only Division Two fixture and for their first time in three attempts, it was Forest who took the spoils thanks to a 4-0 success.

An outstanding first-half put Forest 3-0 in front, with two goals coming from Graham Griffiths and one for Brentley Roberts.

Mark Gee produced a final display between the sticks for Forest to keep a clean sheet and their tally was completed by Roberts, who bagged a second goal of his own.

Division Three

With Division Three leaders, Bromham missing out on a game due to scheduled opponents White Hart being unable to raise a team for their clash at Christie Miller, it presented Kingfisher with the chance to reclaim top spot against Biddstone.

In what was a David verses Goliath contest as Leafy Lane, Chris Simpkins’ side took their chance with a 10-1 success, although only after falling behind to a Callum Hibbert goal.

After Andy Rose restored parity for the Fishermen, James Leach, Josh Griffiths and Chris Cox made it 4-1 at the break. Paul Mannings, Gavin Freegard, another Cox effort and two further goals from Griffiths to complete his hat-trick made up the 10.

Old Road twice led The Mallard but suffered a 6-2 loss.

Old Road went 1-0 up through a header by James Eatough, which was cancelled out by Lee Cradock.

Matty Poole’s penalty restored Old Road’s lead but Mallard replied within two minutes and after that the floodgates opened. Jason Hudson helped himself to a hat-trick and Connor Dodds added the other two.