MARLBOROUGH maintained their positive start to life in the GoCrea8 League Conference North with a 3-0 victory at Bristol UWE.

Despite their dominance, Marlborough were unable to take numerous half-chances that came their way in the opening period before Matt Osborne stepped up confidently and turned Rich Fynn’s pinpoint ball from a short corner past the keeper for the opener.

Marlborough extended their lead 15 minutes into the second half as pressing from Charlie Hawley allowed Rich Fynn to square the ball for Rhys Davies, who flicked the ball into the unguarded net.

The game was put to bed with 10 minutes to go as Osborne drew two defenders towards him before slipping the ball left to John Berry who took the ball in his stride and fired into the far corner.

Chippenham maintained their perfect start to the Central One season as they won 3-1 at Taunton Vale.

Despite wasting chances, the visitors were two goals up by half-time, courtesy of well-worked efforts from Olly Whitaker and Luke Morris.

Vale responded after the break, but the points were sealed with a debut goal from Ben Shardlow.

In Central Two, Chippenham A romped to a 7-1 win over Weston super Mare.

It was 4-1 to the home side at half-time, courtesy of a quick-fire hat-trick from striker Mark Knight and an opening goal from fellow front man Jack Stanley.

Nigel Stonham blasted home in the second period before striker Henry Price dispatched a penalty flick and debutant Will Pritchett completed the scoring.

Marlborough A were 3-0 winners, this time at Westbury and UB B.

Ed Watson opened the scoring in the first half before combining with Mark Ramage to slot home the second. Dan Crossman flicked home the third.

Chippenham B maintained their unbeaten start in East Central One as Aaron Gray scored in their 1-1 draw against Bristol UWE A but Devizes A lost out 8-1 at home to Swindon A, Alex Carter with the consolation strike.

Marlborough B were 2-1 winners over Corsham in East Central Two, Phil Gill and Wayne Cranstone on target, while Chippenham C secured a 4-1 success over Royal Wootton Bassett B, despite trailing at half-time.

Second-half strikes from Matt Baker, Tim McKendrick and a Chris Ware double turned the match around.