MINETY claimed their third win in four Dorset & Wilts One North matches by securing a 38-5 triumph at Supermarine.

With playing resources across their two teams stretched to the limit, Minety gave debuts to ex Academy second row River Burton and flanker Ben Sellick and kicked off the match with just 15 players and no replacements.

But they opened the scoring in the 25th minute when winger Ben Langridge was brought down 25 metres out and scrum-half Garin Garland spotted a gap to race through to score before adding the conversion himself.

Shortly before half-time, centre Tom Windle and Sellick set up the position from which prop Colin French evaded one tackle and spun out of another to claim his maiden first-team try but Marine got on the board with a try of their own before the interval.

However, the village side dominated the start of the second half and scored their third try when fly-half Adam Watt dummied the home defence and raced through under the posts, Garland converting.

Centre Tom McAllister and Garland then set up winger Dave Cooke to go in from 25 metres before Garland spotted a gap to register his second try.

Wing Ben Langridge touched down wide on the right for Minety’s sixth try to wrap up the win.

Minety coach Hywel Rees said: “It took a while for us to settle down but when we did we ran in tries from all over the pitch.”

Pewsey Vale were forced to cry off from their fixture against Combe Down due to massive player unavailability.

Coach Mick Haynes said: "Twelve of the squad (of 18) from the week before were unavailable. What compounded the problem was more than 10 of my other registered players were also unavailable.

"In the end we only had nine to travel and no front row so I had to call it. It was one of those days when weddings, work, injuries and other commitments collided to make a calamity.

"It's the problem of only having a first XV, without the back up of a proper second XV, but we’ll be back to full strength for the next league match.''

n IN Dorset & Wilts Three North, Minety 2nds were edged out 18-13 at Chippenham.