Application made for next date in Swindon Town saga

The Wiltshire Gazette and Herald: Town owner Lee Power Town owner Lee Power

LAWYERS representing Swindon Town owner Lee Power and former chairman Jed McCrory’s holding company, Seebeck 87 Ltd, are due to return to court at the end of this week.

An application has been made for the case to be heard at the Rolls Building in London on Friday, as the two sides continue to dispute the ownership of the club and Seebeck’s right to insert three new directors onto the Robins’ board.

The Chancery Listings office confirmed to the Advertiser yesterday that the case has been scheduled to appear in courtroom 10 at 4.30pm.

At an original hearing in mid-April the three proposed board members - Adam Fynn, Debbie Priestnall and David Smith - were given permission to be “observer” directors, according to the club, with no powers to pass any resolutions until the issue had been decided by a judge in the High Court.

Since then, the case has been heard again at the Rolls Building but was adjourned by Justice Warren on April 29.

Seebeck claim they are still the rightful owners of Swindon Town Football Company Ltd, despite the publicising of a takeover by Power’s Swinton Reds 20 Ltd in December.

In a statement on Good Friday, it was revealed that the club are in the process of taking legal action against McCrory.

Comments (53)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:53am Tue 13 May 14

LeGod says...

Let's hope power wins the day and gets rid of that villain Jed once and for all.
By the way Jed villa are up for sale take your £1 coin up to them and fill them with carp.
Let's hope power wins the day and gets rid of that villain Jed once and for all. By the way Jed villa are up for sale take your £1 coin up to them and fill them with carp. LeGod
  • Score: 47

6:53am Tue 13 May 14

U REDS says...

Yawn
Yawn U REDS
  • Score: -20

7:15am Tue 13 May 14

port de soller says...

all I hope come Friday it is all resolved.Wonder what case is being brought against Jed by LP???????
Hope common sense prevails
all I hope come Friday it is all resolved.Wonder what case is being brought against Jed by LP??????? Hope common sense prevails port de soller
  • Score: 9

7:38am Tue 13 May 14

eareds says...

This years extended panto season for the summer seasom

Oh no it isnt !!!!!!!!!!
Oh yes it is
This years extended panto season for the summer seasom Oh no it isnt !!!!!!!!!! Oh yes it is eareds
  • Score: 0

7:45am Tue 13 May 14

batman returns says...

I would hope that Mr Powers legal team has conducted the sale from Jed in such a way that he will prevail. However the legal case pending by the club against Jed is probably the crux of the matter in truth. Either what was agreed is being renamed on or jed is fighting a rear guard action to swap giving up on his ownership position in return for dropping of the other case. Exciting times. A comment. When the truth comes out and no doubt it will in time I think it will make interesting reading.
I would hope that Mr Powers legal team has conducted the sale from Jed in such a way that he will prevail. However the legal case pending by the club against Jed is probably the crux of the matter in truth. Either what was agreed is being renamed on or jed is fighting a rear guard action to swap giving up on his ownership position in return for dropping of the other case. Exciting times. A comment. When the truth comes out and no doubt it will in time I think it will make interesting reading. batman returns
  • Score: -4

8:00am Tue 13 May 14

smirg kcab says...

Who cares
We are doomed anyway
Who cares We are doomed anyway smirg kcab
  • Score: -28

8:20am Tue 13 May 14

Chish and Fips says...

smirg kcab wrote:
Who cares
We are doomed anyway
naughty naughty Grim - no trying to stir it up more ;O)
[quote][p][bold]smirg kcab[/bold] wrote: Who cares We are doomed anyway[/p][/quote]naughty naughty Grim - no trying to stir it up more ;O) Chish and Fips
  • Score: -9

8:24am Tue 13 May 14

smirg kcab says...

Chish and Fips wrote:
smirg kcab wrote:
Who cares
We are doomed anyway
naughty naughty Grim - no trying to stir it up more ;O)
Our club couldn't be more embarrassing if it tried.
Sorry take that back it will if Wilma plays next season.
[quote][p][bold]Chish and Fips[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]smirg kcab[/bold] wrote: Who cares We are doomed anyway[/p][/quote]naughty naughty Grim - no trying to stir it up more ;O)[/p][/quote]Our club couldn't be more embarrassing if it tried. Sorry take that back it will if Wilma plays next season. smirg kcab
  • Score: -8

8:57am Tue 13 May 14

Davethered says...

I think it's a win win win situation .
( For the lawyers )
I think it's a win win win situation . ( For the lawyers ) Davethered
  • Score: 5

8:58am Tue 13 May 14

Cleuso says...

LeGod wrote:
Let's hope power wins the day and gets rid of that villain Jed once and for all.
By the way Jed villa are up for sale take your £1 coin up to them and fill them with carp.
Surely that would be a bit fishy ???
[quote][p][bold]LeGod[/bold] wrote: Let's hope power wins the day and gets rid of that villain Jed once and for all. By the way Jed villa are up for sale take your £1 coin up to them and fill them with carp.[/p][/quote]Surely that would be a bit fishy ??? Cleuso
  • Score: 2

9:39am Tue 13 May 14

grovesie says...

Have a strange feeling Wilma might actually be a secret weapon next season if fit and given the service he needs as well as some genuine support from the fans. He gets into great scoring positions, has skill but would come good for sure if he can find the confidence to play to his ability. Not sure what kind of salary deal he is on-hopefully not a ridiculous PDC deal
Have a strange feeling Wilma might actually be a secret weapon next season if fit and given the service he needs as well as some genuine support from the fans. He gets into great scoring positions, has skill but would come good for sure if he can find the confidence to play to his ability. Not sure what kind of salary deal he is on-hopefully not a ridiculous PDC deal grovesie
  • Score: 4

9:50am Tue 13 May 14

Billy hunt 65 says...

Jed in ... You lot loved him a year ago.. What's he done wrong?
Jed in ... You lot loved him a year ago.. What's he done wrong? Billy hunt 65
  • Score: -23

9:56am Tue 13 May 14

Billy hunt 65 says...

Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....
Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now .... Billy hunt 65
  • Score: -34

10:51am Tue 13 May 14

old town robin says...

See Ranger got let off again in court for the alleged driving offence in Wales.

Meanwhile our goal scoring prodigy Austin returns to Wembley with a brace for QPR against Brighton.

Final will be hard one to call, the Wally with the brolly v Del Boy Rednapp. will be worth well over £100 million to the winner with £75 million guaranteed in TV money and also guaranteed at least half our budget for the season with "prize" money of £1,2 million just for finishing bottom.
See Ranger got let off again in court for the alleged driving offence in Wales. Meanwhile our goal scoring prodigy Austin returns to Wembley with a brace for QPR against Brighton. Final will be hard one to call, the Wally with the brolly v Del Boy Rednapp. will be worth well over £100 million to the winner with £75 million guaranteed in TV money and also guaranteed at least half our budget for the season with "prize" money of £1,2 million just for finishing bottom. old town robin
  • Score: 0

11:01am Tue 13 May 14

JohnNeal4me says...

The interesting question is: who is paying all the legal costs? STFC would be my guess!
The interesting question is: who is paying all the legal costs? STFC would be my guess! JohnNeal4me
  • Score: 3

12:15pm Tue 13 May 14

Buster the Buddha says...

Interesting that it's about this time of year all the season ticket money starts to roll in....call me cynical. Hope Power prevails!
Interesting that it's about this time of year all the season ticket money starts to roll in....call me cynical. Hope Power prevails! Buster the Buddha
  • Score: 5

1:00pm Tue 13 May 14

redbythesea says...

Billy hunt 65 wrote:
Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....
I do find the general assumption that Power is all good, and Jed was all bad, somewhat disturbing. Our sense of what has been gained on the football field (success that amazingly seems to be attributed to Power, with little or no credit going to Mark Cooper), has blinded many to Powers past business dealings. I also can't help thinking that if he was whiter than white, then no court case would be happening at the moment. This isn't a defence for McCrory, because I actually have not seen any evidence to suggest he needs defending, but I am still cynical of Powers motives, until whatever is going on in court is out in the public domain.
[quote][p][bold]Billy hunt 65[/bold] wrote: Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....[/p][/quote]I do find the general assumption that Power is all good, and Jed was all bad, somewhat disturbing. Our sense of what has been gained on the football field (success that amazingly seems to be attributed to Power, with little or no credit going to Mark Cooper), has blinded many to Powers past business dealings. I also can't help thinking that if he was whiter than white, then no court case would be happening at the moment. This isn't a defence for McCrory, because I actually have not seen any evidence to suggest he needs defending, but I am still cynical of Powers motives, until whatever is going on in court is out in the public domain. redbythesea
  • Score: 6

1:12pm Tue 13 May 14

STFC Boyo says...

Tim Sherwood been sacked.bring him to the Country Ground.COME ON SWINDON TOWN.
Tim Sherwood been sacked.bring him to the Country Ground.COME ON SWINDON TOWN. STFC Boyo
  • Score: -11

1:41pm Tue 13 May 14

the don69 says...

STFC Boyo wrote:
Tim Sherwood been sacked.bring him to the Country Ground.COME ON SWINDON TOWN.
There's only one Timi Sherwood lol! no that would be a bit harsh on ol Coops! after all he's had a very good season! but then football is ruthless!!!!!!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]STFC Boyo[/bold] wrote: Tim Sherwood been sacked.bring him to the Country Ground.COME ON SWINDON TOWN.[/p][/quote]There's only one Timi Sherwood lol! no that would be a bit harsh on ol Coops! after all he's had a very good season! but then football is ruthless!!!!!!!!!! the don69
  • Score: 1

2:16pm Tue 13 May 14

Old-Stager, Hilperton says...

redbythesea wrote:
Billy hunt 65 wrote:
Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....
I do find the general assumption that Power is all good, and Jed was all bad, somewhat disturbing. Our sense of what has been gained on the football field (success that amazingly seems to be attributed to Power, with little or no credit going to Mark Cooper), has blinded many to Powers past business dealings. I also can't help thinking that if he was whiter than white, then no court case would be happening at the moment. This isn't a defence for McCrory, because I actually have not seen any evidence to suggest he needs defending, but I am still cynical of Powers motives, until whatever is going on in court is out in the public domain.
All very well redbythesea, but who would you suggest should own and run our Football Club ?
Your answer is eagerly awaited !
[quote][p][bold]redbythesea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Billy hunt 65[/bold] wrote: Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....[/p][/quote]I do find the general assumption that Power is all good, and Jed was all bad, somewhat disturbing. Our sense of what has been gained on the football field (success that amazingly seems to be attributed to Power, with little or no credit going to Mark Cooper), has blinded many to Powers past business dealings. I also can't help thinking that if he was whiter than white, then no court case would be happening at the moment. This isn't a defence for McCrory, because I actually have not seen any evidence to suggest he needs defending, but I am still cynical of Powers motives, until whatever is going on in court is out in the public domain.[/p][/quote]All very well redbythesea, but who would you suggest should own and run our Football Club ? Your answer is eagerly awaited ! Old-Stager, Hilperton
  • Score: 2

2:24pm Tue 13 May 14

the don69 says...

Old-Stager, Hilperton wrote:
redbythesea wrote:
Billy hunt 65 wrote:
Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....
I do find the general assumption that Power is all good, and Jed was all bad, somewhat disturbing. Our sense of what has been gained on the football field (success that amazingly seems to be attributed to Power, with little or no credit going to Mark Cooper), has blinded many to Powers past business dealings. I also can't help thinking that if he was whiter than white, then no court case would be happening at the moment. This isn't a defence for McCrory, because I actually have not seen any evidence to suggest he needs defending, but I am still cynical of Powers motives, until whatever is going on in court is out in the public domain.
All very well redbythesea, but who would you suggest should own and run our Football Club ?
Your answer is eagerly awaited !
Any spare Sheikh or Oligarch with a few million to blow lol!!!!!!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Old-Stager, Hilperton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]redbythesea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Billy hunt 65[/bold] wrote: Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....[/p][/quote]I do find the general assumption that Power is all good, and Jed was all bad, somewhat disturbing. Our sense of what has been gained on the football field (success that amazingly seems to be attributed to Power, with little or no credit going to Mark Cooper), has blinded many to Powers past business dealings. I also can't help thinking that if he was whiter than white, then no court case would be happening at the moment. This isn't a defence for McCrory, because I actually have not seen any evidence to suggest he needs defending, but I am still cynical of Powers motives, until whatever is going on in court is out in the public domain.[/p][/quote]All very well redbythesea, but who would you suggest should own and run our Football Club ? Your answer is eagerly awaited ![/p][/quote]Any spare Sheikh or Oligarch with a few million to blow lol!!!!!!!!!! the don69
  • Score: 4

2:44pm Tue 13 May 14

STFC Boyo says...

the don69 wrote:
STFC Boyo wrote:
Tim Sherwood been sacked.bring him to the Country Ground.COME ON SWINDON TOWN.
There's only one Timi Sherwood lol! no that would be a bit harsh on ol Coops! after all he's had a very good season! but then football is ruthless!!!!!!!!!!
Yes coops had a great season & i so hope he stay on.
[quote][p][bold]the don69[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]STFC Boyo[/bold] wrote: Tim Sherwood been sacked.bring him to the Country Ground.COME ON SWINDON TOWN.[/p][/quote]There's only one Timi Sherwood lol! no that would be a bit harsh on ol Coops! after all he's had a very good season! but then football is ruthless!!!!!!!!!![/p][/quote]Yes coops had a great season & i so hope he stay on. STFC Boyo
  • Score: 8

2:49pm Tue 13 May 14

Oi Den! says...

Old-Stager, Hilperton wrote:
redbythesea wrote:
Billy hunt 65 wrote:
Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....
I do find the general assumption that Power is all good, and Jed was all bad, somewhat disturbing. Our sense of what has been gained on the football field (success that amazingly seems to be attributed to Power, with little or no credit going to Mark Cooper), has blinded many to Powers past business dealings. I also can't help thinking that if he was whiter than white, then no court case would be happening at the moment. This isn't a defence for McCrory, because I actually have not seen any evidence to suggest he needs defending, but I am still cynical of Powers motives, until whatever is going on in court is out in the public domain.
All very well redbythesea, but who would you suggest should own and run our Football Club ?
Your answer is eagerly awaited !
O-S, why do you ask him to suggest someone to own and run the club? For a start he didn't say he wants Power out. I thought his post was fair and balanced.

If the full detail of Power's case against McCrory is ever made public, I have a feeling there won't be much support left for McCrory.

Many of us thought McCrory was bad news right from the moment he first opened his mouth and started feeding us bullshiit. I doubt if any of us could have suggested an alternative owner but did that mean we were wrong to be wary of him?
[quote][p][bold]Old-Stager, Hilperton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]redbythesea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Billy hunt 65[/bold] wrote: Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....[/p][/quote]I do find the general assumption that Power is all good, and Jed was all bad, somewhat disturbing. Our sense of what has been gained on the football field (success that amazingly seems to be attributed to Power, with little or no credit going to Mark Cooper), has blinded many to Powers past business dealings. I also can't help thinking that if he was whiter than white, then no court case would be happening at the moment. This isn't a defence for McCrory, because I actually have not seen any evidence to suggest he needs defending, but I am still cynical of Powers motives, until whatever is going on in court is out in the public domain.[/p][/quote]All very well redbythesea, but who would you suggest should own and run our Football Club ? Your answer is eagerly awaited ![/p][/quote]O-S, why do you ask him to suggest someone to own and run the club? For a start he didn't say he wants Power out. I thought his post was fair and balanced. If the full detail of Power's case against McCrory is ever made public, I have a feeling there won't be much support left for McCrory. Many of us thought McCrory was bad news right from the moment he first opened his mouth and started feeding us bullshiit. I doubt if any of us could have suggested an alternative owner but did that mean we were wrong to be wary of him? Oi Den!
  • Score: 6

3:38pm Tue 13 May 14

Bassett Hound says...

Oi Den! wrote:
Old-Stager, Hilperton wrote:
redbythesea wrote:
Billy hunt 65 wrote:
Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....
I do find the general assumption that Power is all good, and Jed was all bad, somewhat disturbing. Our sense of what has been gained on the football field (success that amazingly seems to be attributed to Power, with little or no credit going to Mark Cooper), has blinded many to Powers past business dealings. I also can't help thinking that if he was whiter than white, then no court case would be happening at the moment. This isn't a defence for McCrory, because I actually have not seen any evidence to suggest he needs defending, but I am still cynical of Powers motives, until whatever is going on in court is out in the public domain.
All very well redbythesea, but who would you suggest should own and run our Football Club ?
Your answer is eagerly awaited !
O-S, why do you ask him to suggest someone to own and run the club? For a start he didn't say he wants Power out. I thought his post was fair and balanced.

If the full detail of Power's case against McCrory is ever made public, I have a feeling there won't be much support left for McCrory.

Many of us thought McCrory was bad news right from the moment he first opened his mouth and started feeding us bullshiit. I doubt if any of us could have suggested an alternative owner but did that mean we were wrong to be wary of him?
Fair and balanced Den ?

Redbyethesea - what do you mean by your pointed comment ?
' if Power was whiter than white then no court case would be happening '
[quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Old-Stager, Hilperton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]redbythesea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Billy hunt 65[/bold] wrote: Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....[/p][/quote]I do find the general assumption that Power is all good, and Jed was all bad, somewhat disturbing. Our sense of what has been gained on the football field (success that amazingly seems to be attributed to Power, with little or no credit going to Mark Cooper), has blinded many to Powers past business dealings. I also can't help thinking that if he was whiter than white, then no court case would be happening at the moment. This isn't a defence for McCrory, because I actually have not seen any evidence to suggest he needs defending, but I am still cynical of Powers motives, until whatever is going on in court is out in the public domain.[/p][/quote]All very well redbythesea, but who would you suggest should own and run our Football Club ? Your answer is eagerly awaited ![/p][/quote]O-S, why do you ask him to suggest someone to own and run the club? For a start he didn't say he wants Power out. I thought his post was fair and balanced. If the full detail of Power's case against McCrory is ever made public, I have a feeling there won't be much support left for McCrory. Many of us thought McCrory was bad news right from the moment he first opened his mouth and started feeding us bullshiit. I doubt if any of us could have suggested an alternative owner but did that mean we were wrong to be wary of him?[/p][/quote]Fair and balanced Den ? Redbyethesea - what do you mean by your pointed comment ? ' if Power was whiter than white then no court case would be happening ' Bassett Hound
  • Score: 0

3:51pm Tue 13 May 14

redbythesea says...

All I mean by that Bassett Hound is that if everything had been concluded in the correct and legal way when the sale of the business went through, there would be no court case, as it would be a Black and White matter. The fact that Seebeck feel they have a case suggests that Power may not have completely conducted himself correctly, although none of us can be sure, as everything we read on here is either content with little or no fact from the press, or wild speculation at best from the forum.
All I mean by that Bassett Hound is that if everything had been concluded in the correct and legal way when the sale of the business went through, there would be no court case, as it would be a Black and White matter. The fact that Seebeck feel they have a case suggests that Power may not have completely conducted himself correctly, although none of us can be sure, as everything we read on here is either content with little or no fact from the press, or wild speculation at best from the forum. redbythesea
  • Score: 3

3:53pm Tue 13 May 14

redbythesea says...

Old-Stager, Hilperton wrote:
redbythesea wrote:
Billy hunt 65 wrote:
Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....
I do find the general assumption that Power is all good, and Jed was all bad, somewhat disturbing. Our sense of what has been gained on the football field (success that amazingly seems to be attributed to Power, with little or no credit going to Mark Cooper), has blinded many to Powers past business dealings. I also can't help thinking that if he was whiter than white, then no court case would be happening at the moment. This isn't a defence for McCrory, because I actually have not seen any evidence to suggest he needs defending, but I am still cynical of Powers motives, until whatever is going on in court is out in the public domain.
All very well redbythesea, but who would you suggest should own and run our Football Club ?
Your answer is eagerly awaited !
I don't believe I was implying a preference for either, as I prefer to make informed decisions. That is the crux of the matter here. We are all very ill informed ............
[quote][p][bold]Old-Stager, Hilperton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]redbythesea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Billy hunt 65[/bold] wrote: Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....[/p][/quote]I do find the general assumption that Power is all good, and Jed was all bad, somewhat disturbing. Our sense of what has been gained on the football field (success that amazingly seems to be attributed to Power, with little or no credit going to Mark Cooper), has blinded many to Powers past business dealings. I also can't help thinking that if he was whiter than white, then no court case would be happening at the moment. This isn't a defence for McCrory, because I actually have not seen any evidence to suggest he needs defending, but I am still cynical of Powers motives, until whatever is going on in court is out in the public domain.[/p][/quote]All very well redbythesea, but who would you suggest should own and run our Football Club ? Your answer is eagerly awaited ![/p][/quote]I don't believe I was implying a preference for either, as I prefer to make informed decisions. That is the crux of the matter here. We are all very ill informed ............ redbythesea
  • Score: 0

4:05pm Tue 13 May 14

Old-Stager, Hilperton says...

Oi Den! wrote:
Old-Stager, Hilperton wrote:
redbythesea wrote:
Billy hunt 65 wrote:
Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....
I do find the general assumption that Power is all good, and Jed was all bad, somewhat disturbing. Our sense of what has been gained on the football field (success that amazingly seems to be attributed to Power, with little or no credit going to Mark Cooper), has blinded many to Powers past business dealings. I also can't help thinking that if he was whiter than white, then no court case would be happening at the moment. This isn't a defence for McCrory, because I actually have not seen any evidence to suggest he needs defending, but I am still cynical of Powers motives, until whatever is going on in court is out in the public domain.
All very well redbythesea, but who would you suggest should own and run our Football Club ?
Your answer is eagerly awaited !
O-S, why do you ask him to suggest someone to own and run the club? For a start he didn't say he wants Power out. I thought his post was fair and balanced.

If the full detail of Power's case against McCrory is ever made public, I have a feeling there won't be much support left for McCrory.

Many of us thought McCrory was bad news right from the moment he first opened his mouth and started feeding us bullshiit. I doubt if any of us could have suggested an alternative owner but did that mean we were wrong to be wary of him?
Oi Den - I didn't intend to be rude or agressive towards redbythesea anyway, I was just trying to suggest that we are not in a situation whereby there are many potential rich owners queueing up to buy Swindon Town Football Club and outbidding each other for the privilege.
At the moment our choice is fairly limited to say the least.
[quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Old-Stager, Hilperton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]redbythesea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Billy hunt 65[/bold] wrote: Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....[/p][/quote]I do find the general assumption that Power is all good, and Jed was all bad, somewhat disturbing. Our sense of what has been gained on the football field (success that amazingly seems to be attributed to Power, with little or no credit going to Mark Cooper), has blinded many to Powers past business dealings. I also can't help thinking that if he was whiter than white, then no court case would be happening at the moment. This isn't a defence for McCrory, because I actually have not seen any evidence to suggest he needs defending, but I am still cynical of Powers motives, until whatever is going on in court is out in the public domain.[/p][/quote]All very well redbythesea, but who would you suggest should own and run our Football Club ? Your answer is eagerly awaited ![/p][/quote]O-S, why do you ask him to suggest someone to own and run the club? For a start he didn't say he wants Power out. I thought his post was fair and balanced. If the full detail of Power's case against McCrory is ever made public, I have a feeling there won't be much support left for McCrory. Many of us thought McCrory was bad news right from the moment he first opened his mouth and started feeding us bullshiit. I doubt if any of us could have suggested an alternative owner but did that mean we were wrong to be wary of him?[/p][/quote]Oi Den - I didn't intend to be rude or agressive towards redbythesea anyway, I was just trying to suggest that we are not in a situation whereby there are many potential rich owners queueing up to buy Swindon Town Football Club and outbidding each other for the privilege. At the moment our choice is fairly limited to say the least. Old-Stager, Hilperton
  • Score: 4

4:09pm Tue 13 May 14

Oi Den! says...

redbythesea wrote:
Old-Stager, Hilperton wrote:
redbythesea wrote:
Billy hunt 65 wrote:
Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....
I do find the general assumption that Power is all good, and Jed was all bad, somewhat disturbing. Our sense of what has been gained on the football field (success that amazingly seems to be attributed to Power, with little or no credit going to Mark Cooper), has blinded many to Powers past business dealings. I also can't help thinking that if he was whiter than white, then no court case would be happening at the moment. This isn't a defence for McCrory, because I actually have not seen any evidence to suggest he needs defending, but I am still cynical of Powers motives, until whatever is going on in court is out in the public domain.
All very well redbythesea, but who would you suggest should own and run our Football Club ?
Your answer is eagerly awaited !
I don't believe I was implying a preference for either, as I prefer to make informed decisions. That is the crux of the matter here. We are all very ill informed ............
That's how I read it. However, I think there's little doubt that the club is better off in Power's hands than it was when McCrory had control of it. How much better? Too early to say.
[quote][p][bold]redbythesea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Old-Stager, Hilperton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]redbythesea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Billy hunt 65[/bold] wrote: Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....[/p][/quote]I do find the general assumption that Power is all good, and Jed was all bad, somewhat disturbing. Our sense of what has been gained on the football field (success that amazingly seems to be attributed to Power, with little or no credit going to Mark Cooper), has blinded many to Powers past business dealings. I also can't help thinking that if he was whiter than white, then no court case would be happening at the moment. This isn't a defence for McCrory, because I actually have not seen any evidence to suggest he needs defending, but I am still cynical of Powers motives, until whatever is going on in court is out in the public domain.[/p][/quote]All very well redbythesea, but who would you suggest should own and run our Football Club ? Your answer is eagerly awaited ![/p][/quote]I don't believe I was implying a preference for either, as I prefer to make informed decisions. That is the crux of the matter here. We are all very ill informed ............[/p][/quote]That's how I read it. However, I think there's little doubt that the club is better off in Power's hands than it was when McCrory had control of it. How much better? Too early to say. Oi Den!
  • Score: -3

4:20pm Tue 13 May 14

Oi Den! says...

Yes, point taken O-S. I suppose the difficulty comes because we were and are in a vulnerable position. However, I still think Patey could have done a better job of "selling" (in a promotional sense) the club on Black's behalf. It doesn't seem credible that the best we could get was McCrory when the club had no callable debt and was being given away.
Yes, point taken O-S. I suppose the difficulty comes because we were and are in a vulnerable position. However, I still think Patey could have done a better job of "selling" (in a promotional sense) the club on Black's behalf. It doesn't seem credible that the best we could get was McCrory when the club had no callable debt and was being given away. Oi Den!
  • Score: 0

4:34pm Tue 13 May 14

Chish and Fips says...

smirg kcab wrote:
Chish and Fips wrote:
smirg kcab wrote:
Who cares
We are doomed anyway
naughty naughty Grim - no trying to stir it up more ;O)
Our club couldn't be more embarrassing if it tried.
Sorry take that back it will if Wilma plays next season.
Is this on the lines of last seasons start - 'we're doomed all doomed' - even before a ball is kicked... and look where we ended up in the league.
Its a funny ol game Saint...
[quote][p][bold]smirg kcab[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chish and Fips[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]smirg kcab[/bold] wrote: Who cares We are doomed anyway[/p][/quote]naughty naughty Grim - no trying to stir it up more ;O)[/p][/quote]Our club couldn't be more embarrassing if it tried. Sorry take that back it will if Wilma plays next season.[/p][/quote]Is this on the lines of last seasons start - 'we're doomed all doomed' - even before a ball is kicked... and look where we ended up in the league. Its a funny ol game Saint... Chish and Fips
  • Score: 3

4:37pm Tue 13 May 14

the don69 says...

Oi Den! wrote:
Yes, point taken O-S. I suppose the difficulty comes because we were and are in a vulnerable position. However, I still think Patey could have done a better job of "selling" (in a promotional sense) the club on Black's behalf. It doesn't seem credible that the best we could get was McCrory when the club had no callable debt and was being given away.
No Debt Den, but a £4.8m wage bill to cover and day to day running costs to meet, if you think ol Jedi boy was so evil, why did the Football League pass him on the fit and proper test?? it's very difficult to off load a club these days, I think Randy Learner will soon find out trying to sell Villa for £200m!!!!!!!!!!
[quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: Yes, point taken O-S. I suppose the difficulty comes because we were and are in a vulnerable position. However, I still think Patey could have done a better job of "selling" (in a promotional sense) the club on Black's behalf. It doesn't seem credible that the best we could get was McCrory when the club had no callable debt and was being given away.[/p][/quote]No Debt Den, but a £4.8m wage bill to cover and day to day running costs to meet, if you think ol Jedi boy was so evil, why did the Football League pass him on the fit and proper test?? it's very difficult to off load a club these days, I think Randy Learner will soon find out trying to sell Villa for £200m!!!!!!!!!! the don69
  • Score: 3

4:38pm Tue 13 May 14

avo says...

It was the timescale attached to the sale that eliminated all other interested parties, was it not?
It was the timescale attached to the sale that eliminated all other interested parties, was it not? avo
  • Score: 3

4:42pm Tue 13 May 14

Bassett Hound says...

redbythesea wrote:
All I mean by that Bassett Hound is that if everything had been concluded in the correct and legal way when the sale of the business went through, there would be no court case, as it would be a Black and White matter. The fact that Seebeck feel they have a case suggests that Power may not have completely conducted himself correctly, although none of us can be sure, as everything we read on here is either content with little or no fact from the press, or wild speculation at best from the forum.
It seemed to me the Whiter than white comment implied something was fishy.
You obviously did not mean
[quote][p][bold]redbythesea[/bold] wrote: All I mean by that Bassett Hound is that if everything had been concluded in the correct and legal way when the sale of the business went through, there would be no court case, as it would be a Black and White matter. The fact that Seebeck feel they have a case suggests that Power may not have completely conducted himself correctly, although none of us can be sure, as everything we read on here is either content with little or no fact from the press, or wild speculation at best from the forum.[/p][/quote]It seemed to me the Whiter than white comment implied something was fishy. You obviously did not mean Bassett Hound
  • Score: -1

4:54pm Tue 13 May 14

redbythesea says...

Bassett Hound wrote:
redbythesea wrote:
All I mean by that Bassett Hound is that if everything had been concluded in the correct and legal way when the sale of the business went through, there would be no court case, as it would be a Black and White matter. The fact that Seebeck feel they have a case suggests that Power may not have completely conducted himself correctly, although none of us can be sure, as everything we read on here is either content with little or no fact from the press, or wild speculation at best from the forum.
It seemed to me the Whiter than white comment implied something was fishy.
You obviously did not mean
None of us can be sure that there isn't something Fishy going on, in the same way that none of us can prove that Seebeck were dodgy.
Hopefully the court case will clarify a few things.
[quote][p][bold]Bassett Hound[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]redbythesea[/bold] wrote: All I mean by that Bassett Hound is that if everything had been concluded in the correct and legal way when the sale of the business went through, there would be no court case, as it would be a Black and White matter. The fact that Seebeck feel they have a case suggests that Power may not have completely conducted himself correctly, although none of us can be sure, as everything we read on here is either content with little or no fact from the press, or wild speculation at best from the forum.[/p][/quote]It seemed to me the Whiter than white comment implied something was fishy. You obviously did not mean[/p][/quote]None of us can be sure that there isn't something Fishy going on, in the same way that none of us can prove that Seebeck were dodgy. Hopefully the court case will clarify a few things. redbythesea
  • Score: 1

5:00pm Tue 13 May 14

hertz says...

Sea side red has a point , if thE contract was buttoned down tight enough with no holes Mr P would simply tell Mc C to take a walk , there are soe lose ends somewhere allowing Mc C and his gang to challenge , now Mr P has to prove his case .
Sea side red has a point , if thE contract was buttoned down tight enough with no holes Mr P would simply tell Mc C to take a walk , there are soe lose ends somewhere allowing Mc C and his gang to challenge , now Mr P has to prove his case . hertz
  • Score: 1

5:03pm Tue 13 May 14

Oi Den! says...

Avo and Don. Sorry, I didn't really mean to reignite all the old arguments. I honestly don't believe the timescale was the problem it was made out to be. I believe Patey was taken in by the false promises of the McCrory crowd, hence they were the "preferred bidder" some weeks before the deal was done. Maybe some of the other interested parties were not prepared to lie about the amount of money they would make available for the playing budget etc.

While I have no reason to think McCrory is evil, I believe we all have every reason to believe he's artful and slippery. We've seen plenty of examples of it.

Every football club has continuing running costs, including playing contracts. None of it lasts for ever. Black didn't want millions for the club. When someone pays £1 for a football club with no debt isn't it only reasonable to expect them to put a decent amount of money into it, rather than take it out? Sorry but unless anyone proves otherwise I'll always be convinced that Patey, Di Canio and MacDonald were taken in - initially at least - by the McCrory storytelling.
Avo and Don. Sorry, I didn't really mean to reignite all the old arguments. I honestly don't believe the timescale was the problem it was made out to be. I believe Patey was taken in by the false promises of the McCrory crowd, hence they were the "preferred bidder" some weeks before the deal was done. Maybe some of the other interested parties were not prepared to lie about the amount of money they would make available for the playing budget etc. While I have no reason to think McCrory is evil, I believe we all have every reason to believe he's artful and slippery. We've seen plenty of examples of it. Every football club has continuing running costs, including playing contracts. None of it lasts for ever. Black didn't want millions for the club. When someone pays £1 for a football club with no debt isn't it only reasonable to expect them to put a decent amount of money into it, rather than take it out? Sorry but unless anyone proves otherwise I'll always be convinced that Patey, Di Canio and MacDonald were taken in - initially at least - by the McCrory storytelling. Oi Den!
  • Score: 2

5:42pm Tue 13 May 14

dazzastfc says...

Old-Stager, Hilperton wrote:
redbythesea wrote:
Billy hunt 65 wrote:
Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....
I do find the general assumption that Power is all good, and Jed was all bad, somewhat disturbing. Our sense of what has been gained on the football field (success that amazingly seems to be attributed to Power, with little or no credit going to Mark Cooper), has blinded many to Powers past business dealings. I also can't help thinking that if he was whiter than white, then no court case would be happening at the moment. This isn't a defence for McCrory, because I actually have not seen any evidence to suggest he needs defending, but I am still cynical of Powers motives, until whatever is going on in court is out in the public domain.
All very well redbythesea, but who would you suggest should own and run our Football Club ?
Your answer is eagerly awaited !
A very rich SWINDON TOWN fan ANYONE ?Just so we can stop these 2 cowboys sending are club to the conference as that is what is going to happen no matter what one takes over...
[quote][p][bold]Old-Stager, Hilperton[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]redbythesea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Billy hunt 65[/bold] wrote: Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....[/p][/quote]I do find the general assumption that Power is all good, and Jed was all bad, somewhat disturbing. Our sense of what has been gained on the football field (success that amazingly seems to be attributed to Power, with little or no credit going to Mark Cooper), has blinded many to Powers past business dealings. I also can't help thinking that if he was whiter than white, then no court case would be happening at the moment. This isn't a defence for McCrory, because I actually have not seen any evidence to suggest he needs defending, but I am still cynical of Powers motives, until whatever is going on in court is out in the public domain.[/p][/quote]All very well redbythesea, but who would you suggest should own and run our Football Club ? Your answer is eagerly awaited ![/p][/quote]A very rich SWINDON TOWN fan ANYONE ?Just so we can stop these 2 cowboys sending are club to the conference as that is what is going to happen no matter what one takes over... dazzastfc
  • Score: 1

6:35pm Tue 13 May 14

Wilesy says...

Oi Den! wrote:
Avo and Don. Sorry, I didn't really mean to reignite all the old arguments. I honestly don't believe the timescale was the problem it was made out to be. I believe Patey was taken in by the false promises of the McCrory crowd, hence they were the "preferred bidder" some weeks before the deal was done. Maybe some of the other interested parties were not prepared to lie about the amount of money they would make available for the playing budget etc.

While I have no reason to think McCrory is evil, I believe we all have every reason to believe he's artful and slippery. We've seen plenty of examples of it.

Every football club has continuing running costs, including playing contracts. None of it lasts for ever. Black didn't want millions for the club. When someone pays £1 for a football club with no debt isn't it only reasonable to expect them to put a decent amount of money into it, rather than take it out? Sorry but unless anyone proves otherwise I'll always be convinced that Patey, Di Canio and MacDonald were taken in - initially at least - by the McCrory storytelling.
Not sure Di Canio was taken in by McCrory, he wasn't here long enough to find out....I wonder if that phone call to persuade him to stay ever took place......

It's a shame if the 'artful and slippery' suspicion proves true. Up to and including the July presentations I had no real issue with what had happened, and the plans for the future looked good, and having talked to Murrall and McCrory first hand they seemed passionate about the future and getting us to mid Championship level for starters.

The way both of them left though, and with what is now going on, you have to question their motives, and the suspicion is there.

Not convinced about Power either but that is partly down to his history, and partly down to what is going on now. On face value he seems to be doing the right thing for the club, I hope so.

Time will tell on both fronts I guess, maybe things will come to light.
[quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: Avo and Don. Sorry, I didn't really mean to reignite all the old arguments. I honestly don't believe the timescale was the problem it was made out to be. I believe Patey was taken in by the false promises of the McCrory crowd, hence they were the "preferred bidder" some weeks before the deal was done. Maybe some of the other interested parties were not prepared to lie about the amount of money they would make available for the playing budget etc. While I have no reason to think McCrory is evil, I believe we all have every reason to believe he's artful and slippery. We've seen plenty of examples of it. Every football club has continuing running costs, including playing contracts. None of it lasts for ever. Black didn't want millions for the club. When someone pays £1 for a football club with no debt isn't it only reasonable to expect them to put a decent amount of money into it, rather than take it out? Sorry but unless anyone proves otherwise I'll always be convinced that Patey, Di Canio and MacDonald were taken in - initially at least - by the McCrory storytelling.[/p][/quote]Not sure Di Canio was taken in by McCrory, he wasn't here long enough to find out....I wonder if that phone call to persuade him to stay ever took place...... It's a shame if the 'artful and slippery' suspicion proves true. Up to and including the July presentations I had no real issue with what had happened, and the plans for the future looked good, and having talked to Murrall and McCrory first hand they seemed passionate about the future and getting us to mid Championship level for starters. The way both of them left though, and with what is now going on, you have to question their motives, and the suspicion is there. Not convinced about Power either but that is partly down to his history, and partly down to what is going on now. On face value he seems to be doing the right thing for the club, I hope so. Time will tell on both fronts I guess, maybe things will come to light. Wilesy
  • Score: 3

7:51pm Tue 13 May 14

Oi Den! says...

Wilesy, the reason I believe PDC was taken in is that shortly before the deal was done he said he was "more than happy" with the new owners. IMO the only thing that would have made him more than happy was the prospect of plenty of money to fund the team. Very soon after being more than happy, he quit. He had lined up three loan signings and then discovered there was no money to fund the deals. On top of that, Ritchie was sold without his approval. Now, there are plenty who will lay the blame at Black's door for all that but if McCrory had been serious about putting money into the club he could have made some kind of arrangement - perhaps a loan - to inject cash before the deal was done. Instead of that, we got the long wait for Football League approval of the takeover and then the transfer embargo that was always going to be lifted tomorrow. It eventually took a short-term loan from Power to get the ban lifted. It's all part of the same picture.
Wilesy, the reason I believe PDC was taken in is that shortly before the deal was done he said he was "more than happy" with the new owners. IMO the only thing that would have made him more than happy was the prospect of plenty of money to fund the team. Very soon after being more than happy, he quit. He had lined up three loan signings and then discovered there was no money to fund the deals. On top of that, Ritchie was sold without his approval. Now, there are plenty who will lay the blame at Black's door for all that but if McCrory had been serious about putting money into the club he could have made some kind of arrangement - perhaps a loan - to inject cash before the deal was done. Instead of that, we got the long wait for Football League approval of the takeover and then the transfer embargo that was always going to be lifted tomorrow. It eventually took a short-term loan from Power to get the ban lifted. It's all part of the same picture. Oi Den!
  • Score: 4

8:12pm Tue 13 May 14

Wilesy says...

Oi Den! wrote:
Wilesy, the reason I believe PDC was taken in is that shortly before the deal was done he said he was "more than happy" with the new owners. IMO the only thing that would have made him more than happy was the prospect of plenty of money to fund the team. Very soon after being more than happy, he quit. He had lined up three loan signings and then discovered there was no money to fund the deals. On top of that, Ritchie was sold without his approval. Now, there are plenty who will lay the blame at Black's door for all that but if McCrory had been serious about putting money into the club he could have made some kind of arrangement - perhaps a loan - to inject cash before the deal was done. Instead of that, we got the long wait for Football League approval of the takeover and then the transfer embargo that was always going to be lifted tomorrow. It eventually took a short-term loan from Power to get the ban lifted. It's all part of the same picture.
Yes fair enough...memory going a bit!
[quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: Wilesy, the reason I believe PDC was taken in is that shortly before the deal was done he said he was "more than happy" with the new owners. IMO the only thing that would have made him more than happy was the prospect of plenty of money to fund the team. Very soon after being more than happy, he quit. He had lined up three loan signings and then discovered there was no money to fund the deals. On top of that, Ritchie was sold without his approval. Now, there are plenty who will lay the blame at Black's door for all that but if McCrory had been serious about putting money into the club he could have made some kind of arrangement - perhaps a loan - to inject cash before the deal was done. Instead of that, we got the long wait for Football League approval of the takeover and then the transfer embargo that was always going to be lifted tomorrow. It eventually took a short-term loan from Power to get the ban lifted. It's all part of the same picture.[/p][/quote]Yes fair enough...memory going a bit! Wilesy
  • Score: 0

8:28pm Tue 13 May 14

jillyh says...

Billy hunt 65 wrote:
Jed in ... You lot loved him a year ago.. What's he done wrong?
I never loved Jed. He was always lying and I didn't trust him at all. I don't think I am the only one either. Think he has sold lee power down the line with promises he has reneged on. Nothing than a wide boy who has ruined the club.
[quote][p][bold]Billy hunt 65[/bold] wrote: Jed in ... You lot loved him a year ago.. What's he done wrong?[/p][/quote]I never loved Jed. He was always lying and I didn't trust him at all. I don't think I am the only one either. Think he has sold lee power down the line with promises he has reneged on. Nothing than a wide boy who has ruined the club. jillyh
  • Score: 3

9:32pm Tue 13 May 14

the wizard says...

Billy hunt 65 wrote:
Jed in ... You lot loved him a year ago.. What's he done wrong?
Still spelling your name incorrectly then.
[quote][p][bold]Billy hunt 65[/bold] wrote: Jed in ... You lot loved him a year ago.. What's he done wrong?[/p][/quote]Still spelling your name incorrectly then. the wizard
  • Score: 1

10:06pm Tue 13 May 14

Red till Dead says...

the wizard wrote:
Billy hunt 65 wrote:
Jed in ... You lot loved him a year ago.. What's he done wrong?
Still spelling your name incorrectly then.
Yea I'd say,take away the B and H and replace it with S and C,lets hope this gets sorted all this court stuff once and for all on Friday,hopefully in favour of mr lee power,then jed and co can find a new site to park there caravans :))
[quote][p][bold]the wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Billy hunt 65[/bold] wrote: Jed in ... You lot loved him a year ago.. What's he done wrong?[/p][/quote]Still spelling your name incorrectly then.[/p][/quote]Yea I'd say,take away the B and H and replace it with S and C,lets hope this gets sorted all this court stuff once and for all on Friday,hopefully in favour of mr lee power,then jed and co can find a new site to park there caravans :)) Red till Dead
  • Score: 0

11:54pm Tue 13 May 14

Cleuso says...

Billy hunt 65 wrote:
Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....
No need to go as far as Rushden to read about jed it seems ... put this link into your search engine with . - link below. I had a good laugh at your own loyalty reading that thread.

Amongst the investment allegations he is rumoured to have borrowed a couple of zebra print sofas from a night club to spruce up a lounge for Banbury...Wow ! Amazing .... You think that's just the sort of big spending owner Town crave ....jog along

65 eh ?..just the year we first played those underpeforming upstarts from down the road, been trying to catch us ever since, now how significant is that year ?

zamarettopremierfans
.myfanforum.org/sutr
a13844.php
[quote][p][bold]Billy hunt 65[/bold] wrote: Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....[/p][/quote]No need to go as far as Rushden to read about jed it seems ... put this link into your search engine with . - link below. I had a good laugh at your own loyalty reading that thread. Amongst the investment allegations he is rumoured to have borrowed a couple of zebra print sofas from a night club to spruce up a lounge for Banbury...Wow ! Amazing .... You think that's just the sort of big spending owner Town crave ....jog along 65 eh ?..just the year we first played those underpeforming upstarts from down the road, been trying to catch us ever since, now how significant is that year ? zamarettopremierfans .myfanforum.org/sutr a13844.php Cleuso
  • Score: 0

2:03am Wed 14 May 14

mug? says...

redbythesea wrote:
Billy hunt 65 wrote:
Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....
I do find the general assumption that Power is all good, and Jed was all bad, somewhat disturbing. Our sense of what has been gained on the football field (success that amazingly seems to be attributed to Power, with little or no credit going to Mark Cooper), has blinded many to Powers past business dealings. I also can't help thinking that if he was whiter than white, then no court case would be happening at the moment. This isn't a defence for McCrory, because I actually have not seen any evidence to suggest he needs defending, but I am still cynical of Powers motives, until whatever is going on in court is out in the public domain.
I don't think it's a case that Power is all good, just that he is less bad than Jed,

Much in the same was as Labour are less bad than Conservatives, but if there was a real option I wouldn't have any (certainly not UKIP who are just ultra racist Tories who don't give any more s***s about the working man than the rest of them IMHO - (opinions are my own))

Also, legitimate businessmen shouldn't be having these problems - the paperwork should all be in order. This just seems like the other Power chap - can't think of his first name - with his £1million pound investment / loan that he decided to take out.

At least this time round the Adver have gave us advanced notice of the court case time and location. Unfortunately I have another appointment on Friday so will not be able to attend. The other one, I could have done had there been more than 24 hours notice!
[quote][p][bold]redbythesea[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Billy hunt 65[/bold] wrote: Ask Rushden what they think of Power.. Oh you can't this man is not our saviour .. We love Jed.. Jed in he won't rip the club off like the man who lives in Switzerland is doing now ....[/p][/quote]I do find the general assumption that Power is all good, and Jed was all bad, somewhat disturbing. Our sense of what has been gained on the football field (success that amazingly seems to be attributed to Power, with little or no credit going to Mark Cooper), has blinded many to Powers past business dealings. I also can't help thinking that if he was whiter than white, then no court case would be happening at the moment. This isn't a defence for McCrory, because I actually have not seen any evidence to suggest he needs defending, but I am still cynical of Powers motives, until whatever is going on in court is out in the public domain.[/p][/quote]I don't think it's a case that Power is all good, just that he is less bad than Jed, Much in the same was as Labour are less bad than Conservatives, but if there was a real option I wouldn't have any (certainly not UKIP who are just ultra racist Tories who don't give any more s***s about the working man than the rest of them IMHO - (opinions are my own)) Also, legitimate businessmen shouldn't be having these problems - the paperwork should all be in order. This just seems like the other Power chap - can't think of his first name - with his £1million pound investment / loan that he decided to take out. At least this time round the Adver have gave us advanced notice of the court case time and location. Unfortunately I have another appointment on Friday so will not be able to attend. The other one, I could have done had there been more than 24 hours notice! mug?
  • Score: -2

10:23am Wed 14 May 14

eareds says...

This had better be sorted out on friday, we need to get the contracts sorted out for those who are staying, and without a legal owner then we could be stuffed
Oh yes it will !!
Oh no it wont !!
This had better be sorted out on friday, we need to get the contracts sorted out for those who are staying, and without a legal owner then we could be stuffed Oh yes it will !! Oh no it wont !! eareds
  • Score: -1

1:02am Thu 15 May 14

mancrobin says...

Summary of the story so far:
Black had a lot of money. Was investing it in STFC and no one knew why.
PDC took that money and wasted it.
Black got Royally peed off and put the Club up for sale with a new Chairman who knew nothing. about football.
Jed came in with a wing and a prayer and saved the Club from Administration. We all loved him for it.
Jed started to brick it and dragged Power in to sort out the football.
Lee sorted out the football but realised Jed was thrashing about in the dark (with a bottle of Becks)
So, under capitalised, Lee wanted to run the show on his own.
Jed was initially happy to walk away from the scary position he had put himself in but then had second thoughts.
Next instalment comes this Friday,
Keep watching folks.
Summary of the story so far: Black had a lot of money. Was investing it in STFC and no one knew why. PDC took that money and wasted it. Black got Royally peed off and put the Club up for sale with a new Chairman who knew nothing. about football. Jed came in with a wing and a prayer and saved the Club from Administration. We all loved him for it. Jed started to brick it and dragged Power in to sort out the football. Lee sorted out the football but realised Jed was thrashing about in the dark (with a bottle of Becks) So, under capitalised, Lee wanted to run the show on his own. Jed was initially happy to walk away from the scary position he had put himself in but then had second thoughts. Next instalment comes this Friday, Keep watching folks. mancrobin
  • Score: -1

5:58am Thu 15 May 14

The Jockster says...

grovesie wrote:
Have a strange feeling Wilma might actually be a secret weapon next season if fit and given the service he needs as well as some genuine support from the fans. He gets into great scoring positions, has skill but would come good for sure if he can find the confidence to play to his ability. Not sure what kind of salary deal he is on-hopefully not a ridiculous PDC deal
Wilma can't hit a cows arse with a banjo!
[quote][p][bold]grovesie[/bold] wrote: Have a strange feeling Wilma might actually be a secret weapon next season if fit and given the service he needs as well as some genuine support from the fans. He gets into great scoring positions, has skill but would come good for sure if he can find the confidence to play to his ability. Not sure what kind of salary deal he is on-hopefully not a ridiculous PDC deal[/p][/quote]Wilma can't hit a cows arse with a banjo! The Jockster
  • Score: -1

10:03am Thu 15 May 14

Oi Den! says...

mancrobin wrote:
Summary of the story so far:
Black had a lot of money. Was investing it in STFC and no one knew why.
PDC took that money and wasted it.
Black got Royally peed off and put the Club up for sale with a new Chairman who knew nothing. about football.
Jed came in with a wing and a prayer and saved the Club from Administration. We all loved him for it.
Jed started to brick it and dragged Power in to sort out the football.
Lee sorted out the football but realised Jed was thrashing about in the dark (with a bottle of Becks)
So, under capitalised, Lee wanted to run the show on his own.
Jed was initially happy to walk away from the scary position he had put himself in but then had second thoughts.
Next instalment comes this Friday,
Keep watching folks.
Correction manc. We did not all love McCrory. I'm not sure he was thrashing about in the dark either. More likely Power was in the dark until somebody switched on the light to reveal what was going on at the club, hence the sacking of Murrall and the forcing out of McCrory.
[quote][p][bold]mancrobin[/bold] wrote: Summary of the story so far: Black had a lot of money. Was investing it in STFC and no one knew why. PDC took that money and wasted it. Black got Royally peed off and put the Club up for sale with a new Chairman who knew nothing. about football. Jed came in with a wing and a prayer and saved the Club from Administration. We all loved him for it. Jed started to brick it and dragged Power in to sort out the football. Lee sorted out the football but realised Jed was thrashing about in the dark (with a bottle of Becks) So, under capitalised, Lee wanted to run the show on his own. Jed was initially happy to walk away from the scary position he had put himself in but then had second thoughts. Next instalment comes this Friday, Keep watching folks.[/p][/quote]Correction manc. We did not all love McCrory. I'm not sure he was thrashing about in the dark either. More likely Power was in the dark until somebody switched on the light to reveal what was going on at the club, hence the sacking of Murrall and the forcing out of McCrory. Oi Den!
  • Score: 0

10:23am Thu 15 May 14

Oi Den! says...

By the way, didn't Sam originally say there would be a full day hearing? We've now been told the case is to be heard at 4:30 on Friday. Unless settlement has already been reached out of court, I can't see much happening on Friday.
By the way, didn't Sam originally say there would be a full day hearing? We've now been told the case is to be heard at 4:30 on Friday. Unless settlement has already been reached out of court, I can't see much happening on Friday. Oi Den!
  • Score: 0

1:00pm Thu 15 May 14

Cleuso says...

mancrobin wrote:
Summary of the story so far:
Black had a lot of money. Was investing it in STFC and no one knew why.
PDC took that money and wasted it.
Black got Royally peed off and put the Club up for sale with a new Chairman who knew nothing. about football.
Jed came in with a wing and a prayer and saved the Club from Administration. We all loved him for it.
Jed started to brick it and dragged Power in to sort out the football.
Lee sorted out the football but realised Jed was thrashing about in the dark (with a bottle of Becks)
So, under capitalised, Lee wanted to run the show on his own.
Jed was initially happy to walk away from the scary position he had put himself in but then had second thoughts.
Next instalment comes this Friday,
Keep watching folks.
Not quite .... didn't Power actually provide the funds to the club to avoid admin and satisfy the football league in the first place , Jed was a front end "mouthpiece" at that time ..he would hardly have "saved" the club with his £1 investment.
[quote][p][bold]mancrobin[/bold] wrote: Summary of the story so far: Black had a lot of money. Was investing it in STFC and no one knew why. PDC took that money and wasted it. Black got Royally peed off and put the Club up for sale with a new Chairman who knew nothing. about football. Jed came in with a wing and a prayer and saved the Club from Administration. We all loved him for it. Jed started to brick it and dragged Power in to sort out the football. Lee sorted out the football but realised Jed was thrashing about in the dark (with a bottle of Becks) So, under capitalised, Lee wanted to run the show on his own. Jed was initially happy to walk away from the scary position he had put himself in but then had second thoughts. Next instalment comes this Friday, Keep watching folks.[/p][/quote]Not quite .... didn't Power actually provide the funds to the club to avoid admin and satisfy the football league in the first place , Jed was a front end "mouthpiece" at that time ..he would hardly have "saved" the club with his £1 investment. Cleuso
  • Score: 0

12:48am Fri 16 May 14

Oxon-Red says...

Don't you just love a "Who done it" ?

My favourite is Midsomer Murders, who would buy a house in Midsomer ?

Lots of disalike this, dislike that, conference this, conference that. Point is 16 months down the line we had a season in L1 where we did pretty well and hopefully we will push on next season (with Willliams if fit and ready to go).

At this point in time I don't care if Jed is a wide boy and people don't trust/like him, his intervention (whether or not there were other bidders) saved the club from admin. Who cares that he paid a pound, ask Chelski fans how much Bates paid, it means diddly squat other than there was usually there was no other bidder (Ebay a good example).

Like him, or hate him, his intervention bought the club time IMO. I don't know the ins or outs of the case but hope the ruling is in Town's favour whichever way it goes. At the end of the day (cost ignored) how many Dragons would have invested in STFC ?

COYMR.
Don't you just love a "Who done it" ? My favourite is Midsomer Murders, who would buy a house in Midsomer ? Lots of disalike this, dislike that, conference this, conference that. Point is 16 months down the line we had a season in L1 where we did pretty well and hopefully we will push on next season (with Willliams if fit and ready to go). At this point in time I don't care if Jed is a wide boy and people don't trust/like him, his intervention (whether or not there were other bidders) saved the club from admin. Who cares that he paid a pound, ask Chelski fans how much Bates paid, it means diddly squat other than there was usually there was no other bidder (Ebay a good example). Like him, or hate him, his intervention bought the club time IMO. I don't know the ins or outs of the case but hope the ruling is in Town's favour whichever way it goes. At the end of the day (cost ignored) how many Dragons would have invested in STFC ? COYMR. Oxon-Red
  • Score: 0

11:27am Mon 19 May 14

Oi Den! says...

Oxon, if your opinion is that it didn't matter who took over the club or how they did it, I can understand your point of view.

I will continue to believe that McCrory did not save the club. If the false promises he made to the fans and manager are anything to go by, I think it's very likely he persuaded the gullible Patey to believe his investment plans, when in fact he was never going to invest anything in the club. The £1 acquisition cost is significant because when somebody pays £1 for a company, the normal situation is that they take over debt. McCrory had no debt to take on, so we might have expected him to put something in to finance the running of the club (as he promised he would do). Question for you: which is the greater sum of money, the amount Jed McCrory put in to Swindon Town FC or the amount he took out (of a club that was obviously already struggling financially)? Perhaps you'll say we don't know the answer. I think we could all make a confident guess. The fact that Power is pursuing legal action gives us a strong hint.

The Football League were put in a difficult position by Patey's acceptance of the McCrory crew. They took a long time to approve the takeover, so they were clearly thinking hard about it. It could be argued that it was the League that eventually saved the club, by finally approving an unsatisfactory takeover. Clearly they still weren't entirely happy, as they proved by imposing a transfer embargo as an insurance policy, following McCrory's failure to provide documentation as proof of intended investment.

Time will tell whether Lee Power will be good for STFC. We didn't need a crystal ball to see what McCrory was up to. There is now a long list of clubs that have been able to see through Transparent Jed. Shame we weren't one of them.
Oxon, if your opinion is that it didn't matter who took over the club or how they did it, I can understand your point of view. I will continue to believe that McCrory did not save the club. If the false promises he made to the fans and manager are anything to go by, I think it's very likely he persuaded the gullible Patey to believe his investment plans, when in fact he was never going to invest anything in the club. The £1 acquisition cost is significant because when somebody pays £1 for a company, the normal situation is that they take over debt. McCrory had no debt to take on, so we might have expected him to put something in to finance the running of the club (as he promised he would do). Question for you: which is the greater sum of money, the amount Jed McCrory put in to Swindon Town FC or the amount he took out (of a club that was obviously already struggling financially)? Perhaps you'll say we don't know the answer. I think we could all make a confident guess. The fact that Power is pursuing legal action gives us a strong hint. The Football League were put in a difficult position by Patey's acceptance of the McCrory crew. They took a long time to approve the takeover, so they were clearly thinking hard about it. It could be argued that it was the League that eventually saved the club, by finally approving an unsatisfactory takeover. Clearly they still weren't entirely happy, as they proved by imposing a transfer embargo as an insurance policy, following McCrory's failure to provide documentation as proof of intended investment. Time will tell whether Lee Power will be good for STFC. We didn't need a crystal ball to see what McCrory was up to. There is now a long list of clubs that have been able to see through Transparent Jed. Shame we weren't one of them. Oi Den!
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

Get Adobe Flash player
About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree