DEVIZES delivered their best of the season in their final home match of the campaign.

The Saddlebacks stormed out of the blocks and, after kicking a penalty to the corner, the pack shunted Swindon back and second row Lewis Paget was pushed over for the opening try, Rory Brown adding the conversion.

The forwards continued to cause havoc for their Swindon counterparts and the lead was doubled when quick ball allowed tighthead prop Chris Lewis to barge over, Brown again nudging over the two points with just eight minutes played.

Another bullocking run from Lewis continued the home dominance, as repeated drives ended with Damon Murphy stretching out to add a third try.

Swindon got themselves going as fly-half and captain Adam Westall and full-back Charlie Hubert kicked well.

Eventually the ball was worked wide for Alex Fenton to go over in the corner, Westall adding the extras.

But the visitors found Devizes’ pace and intensity too hot to handle and Paget crossed for his second try soo after, the visitors’ misery compounded by a yellow card shown to centre Cameron Brown for dissent.

Swindon got back into it with an unconverted try a few moments before the break but Brown nudged over a penalty for a 27-12 interval lead.

Swindon got the first score of the half as second row Dave Cox bundled over from short range, Westall’s converting to bring the scores within eight points.

Devizes kicked on again though as Brown got in on the act with an opportunistic score, converting himself.

Devizes’ defence came under scrutiny as Swindon poured forward, centres Mark Warburton and Mark Carter holding up well, although they did lose back row James Gaiger to a yellow card.

Brown though kept the scoreboard ticking over in their favour with another penalty.

Back up to full strength, Devizies wrapped up victory with their final try of the afternoon as Brown read a Swindon attack just inside the Devizes 22 and intercepted, racing 40 metres up the pitch.

Quick ball found Murphy and the move ended with winger Jorge Wadman’s footwork elduing the Swindon defence for the sixth try.

Another Brown penalty added the icing on the cake.