Get involved! Send photos, video, news & views. Text WILTS GAZETTE to 80360 or email us
SWINDON TOWN: No Palace bid for Ritchie, says Di Canio
SWINDON Town have not received any bids for Matt Ritchie, Paolo Di Canio has confirmed.
Reports on Wednesday linked Crystal Palace with a formal approach for the winger, who still has 18 months to run on his contract with the Robins.
The Advertiser has learnt that Palace last had Ritchie scouted in December and, though they have been interested in the former Portsmouth man, they have never submitted an offer to Town.
Di Canio said as much at his press conference at the County Ground on Thursday afternoon.
“There wasnt even any official request and not even any amount of money that they are ready to spend for Ritchie," he said.
“Some news also came out about what happened last year. Some reports were £400,000, some were £500,000, that we rejected. No, last year a club came and they proposed to us nearly £1million for Ritchie.
“That is the truth. This is the only offer we have had. Last year a club came with a deal close to £1million. This year we did not receive any offers from any club."
Di Canio reiterated the fact that his squad are not for sale, and slapped a gigantic price tag on Ritchie.
“I don’t expect nothing because when my players are not for sale. Obviously if someone comes for crazy money, even Messi is for sale. Even for good money for my players’ level they are not for sale," he said.
“Matt is my player and I like him so my opinion can be totally a manager’s opinion, I don’t know, give me £20million. Is it crazy money? I’m joking obviously - £15million is okay."