SWINDON TOWN: Town extend Hollands loan

Danny Hollands has extended his stay with Swindon Town

Danny Hollands has extended his stay with Swindon Town

First published in Sport

SWINDON Town have extended Danny Hollands' loan spell at the County Ground by a further 28 days.

The midfielder arrived from Charlton in November and has since made eight appearances, scoring two goals.

Hollands will now remain with the Robins until Saturday, February 2 and will still be able to play for Town at Crawley, if selected, on that day.

Comments (39)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:06am Tue 8 Jan 13

Stratton Red says...

Shame it's not to the end of the season.
*
Technically he's scored 3 goals...
Shame it's not to the end of the season. * Technically he's scored 3 goals... Stratton Red
  • Score: 0

11:10am Tue 8 Jan 13

Oldhamred says...

Great News!!!
28 days will give the powers that be time to sort a more permanent deal, or at the very least an extension to the end of the season.
Great News!!! 28 days will give the powers that be time to sort a more permanent deal, or at the very least an extension to the end of the season. Oldhamred
  • Score: 0

11:12am Tue 8 Jan 13

Oi Den! says...

Good.
Good. Oi Den!
  • Score: 0

11:15am Tue 8 Jan 13

billbst says...

Good holding job.
Good holding job. billbst
  • Score: 0

11:19am Tue 8 Jan 13

EastleazeRed says...

Think there hoping Charlie Austin is sold before the window shuts !
Think there hoping Charlie Austin is sold before the window shuts ! EastleazeRed
  • Score: 0

11:29am Tue 8 Jan 13

oncearedalwaysared says...

The chances of Charlie Austin moving on must have all but disappeared as he is currently injured (I think). With money from Caddis deal now also virtually out of the window that must surely narrow PDC's options.
The chances of Charlie Austin moving on must have all but disappeared as he is currently injured (I think). With money from Caddis deal now also virtually out of the window that must surely narrow PDC's options. oncearedalwaysared
  • Score: 0

11:35am Tue 8 Jan 13

the wizard says...

Lets hope his loan gets further extended, along with Martin and the signing of Ward will have added up to some very good business.

Shame we spent time and money on other players who didn't workout, but thats the name of the game unfortunately, and that is not a pop at anyone. These things happen.

I think the group that we have now are quite outstanding, a far cry from the boozy culture we had not so long ago, at least this lot are all in competition to wear the shirt
Lets hope his loan gets further extended, along with Martin and the signing of Ward will have added up to some very good business. Shame we spent time and money on other players who didn't workout, but thats the name of the game unfortunately, and that is not a pop at anyone. These things happen. I think the group that we have now are quite outstanding, a far cry from the boozy culture we had not so long ago, at least this lot are all in competition to wear the shirt the wizard
  • Score: 0

11:37am Tue 8 Jan 13

madterrier says...

Excellent news. But we do need him until the end of the season to maintain a promotion push. One reason why not getting anything out of Aldershot for Risser is frustrating. I fear we are going to struggle to raise the necessary funds in time, but fingers are crossed.
Excellent news. But we do need him until the end of the season to maintain a promotion push. One reason why not getting anything out of Aldershot for Risser is frustrating. I fear we are going to struggle to raise the necessary funds in time, but fingers are crossed. madterrier
  • Score: 0

11:39am Tue 8 Jan 13

madterrier says...

By the way, what does Hollands need most?

1. A haircut?
2. A shave?
3. A crowbar to prise his lips open?

Looks like he's auditioning for Planet of the Apes in this photo. Or has Pate told the players to keep their mouths zipped?
By the way, what does Hollands need most? 1. A haircut? 2. A shave? 3. A crowbar to prise his lips open? Looks like he's auditioning for Planet of the Apes in this photo. Or has Pate told the players to keep their mouths zipped? madterrier
  • Score: 0

11:43am Tue 8 Jan 13

dreamofacleansheet2 says...

If we keep winning games in January Andrew Black will realise this is his chance to get us unto the Championship and therefore realise us being more saleable.

Also these 28 day loan extensions send a strong message to Daniel Levy not to be silly re Bostock. His not prone to giving things away that man.

Delighted we've now got Martin and Holland on board. Just hope we can get Jon B at the end of the window on a permanent deal.

Back to back to back promotions coming........
If we keep winning games in January Andrew Black will realise this is his chance to get us unto the Championship and therefore realise us being more saleable. Also these 28 day loan extensions send a strong message to Daniel Levy not to be silly re Bostock. His not prone to giving things away that man. Delighted we've now got Martin and Holland on board. Just hope we can get Jon B at the end of the window on a permanent deal. Back to back to back promotions coming........ dreamofacleansheet2
  • Score: 0

11:51am Tue 8 Jan 13

grove red says...

Can't we just put caddis up for transfer and sell him to another club??? Or is this not possible
Can't we just put caddis up for transfer and sell him to another club??? Or is this not possible grove red
  • Score: 0

12:07pm Tue 8 Jan 13

Is that you Lovesey says...

I heard that Charlton have extended this because both Town and the player want to make it a perm move, this will happen at the end of the month, when the wages from Cox and Rooney are resolved.
I heard that Charlton have extended this because both Town and the player want to make it a perm move, this will happen at the end of the month, when the wages from Cox and Rooney are resolved. Is that you Lovesey
  • Score: 0

12:08pm Tue 8 Jan 13

madterrier says...

grove red wrote:
Can't we just put caddis up for transfer and sell him to another club??? Or is this not possible
Of course it's possible. But we've been putting all of our eggs into one basket, hoping somehow that skint Birmingham would come up with the money from somewhere and buy him.

Time for Mr Spencer to repay some of that half a million he's taken out of the club and get Caddis touted round other clubs PDQ.
[quote][p][bold]grove red[/bold] wrote: Can't we just put caddis up for transfer and sell him to another club??? Or is this not possible[/p][/quote]Of course it's possible. But we've been putting all of our eggs into one basket, hoping somehow that skint Birmingham would come up with the money from somewhere and buy him. Time for Mr Spencer to repay some of that half a million he's taken out of the club and get Caddis touted round other clubs PDQ. madterrier
  • Score: 0

12:11pm Tue 8 Jan 13

mallorca says...

Great news at least for 28 days we have the services of 2 decent palyers and will not break up a good run that the team has put together.
Yes it is sad that so much of the budget was wasted yet all managers do make mistakes Pdc is no different to any others.
Major concern is the Major investor has he given up completely???? also with this new Chairman all the yapp about new investors etc perhaps Mr Black should look at what he has done since his appointment????
I still think other than Benson/Cox/Rooney we just might see a few more go.
Theres still a long way until this window closes.
All seems so sad this business with THA the tribunial setting fees for an injured player then the embargo,makes you think.
Hope all works for Pdc as a lot on hear know he was never my favourite however since Oct he has really worked and in my eyes worked wonders.
So COME ON U RED DO IT ON SAT
make it 4-0 stick it to them
Great news at least for 28 days we have the services of 2 decent palyers and will not break up a good run that the team has put together. Yes it is sad that so much of the budget was wasted yet all managers do make mistakes Pdc is no different to any others. Major concern is the Major investor has he given up completely???? also with this new Chairman all the yapp about new investors etc perhaps Mr Black should look at what he has done since his appointment???? I still think other than Benson/Cox/Rooney we just might see a few more go. Theres still a long way until this window closes. All seems so sad this business with THA the tribunial setting fees for an injured player then the embargo,makes you think. Hope all works for Pdc as a lot on hear know he was never my favourite however since Oct he has really worked and in my eyes worked wonders. So COME ON U RED DO IT ON SAT make it 4-0 stick it to them mallorca
  • Score: 0

12:11pm Tue 8 Jan 13

mallorca says...

Great news at least for 28 days we have the services of 2 decent palyers and will not break up a good run that the team has put together.
Yes it is sad that so much of the budget was wasted yet all managers do make mistakes Pdc is no different to any others.
Major concern is the Major investor has he given up completely???? also with this new Chairman all the yapp about new investors etc perhaps Mr Black should look at what he has done since his appointment????
I still think other than Benson/Cox/Rooney we just might see a few more go.
Theres still a long way until this window closes.
All seems so sad this business with THAT the tribunial setting fees for an injured player then the embargo,makes you think.
Hope all works for Pdc as a lot on hear know he was never my favourite however since Oct he has really worked and in my eyes worked wonders.
So COME ON U RED DO IT ON SAT
make it 4-0 stick it to them
Great news at least for 28 days we have the services of 2 decent palyers and will not break up a good run that the team has put together. Yes it is sad that so much of the budget was wasted yet all managers do make mistakes Pdc is no different to any others. Major concern is the Major investor has he given up completely???? also with this new Chairman all the yapp about new investors etc perhaps Mr Black should look at what he has done since his appointment???? I still think other than Benson/Cox/Rooney we just might see a few more go. Theres still a long way until this window closes. All seems so sad this business with THAT the tribunial setting fees for an injured player then the embargo,makes you think. Hope all works for Pdc as a lot on hear know he was never my favourite however since Oct he has really worked and in my eyes worked wonders. So COME ON U RED DO IT ON SAT make it 4-0 stick it to them mallorca
  • Score: 0

12:18pm Tue 8 Jan 13

EastleazeRed says...

Great news , the final piece of the jigsaw maybe? Hopfully we can keep him till the end of the season. Reminds me of when Mc Mahon signed David Preece , and he inspired promotion from the old Div 3 !
Great news , the final piece of the jigsaw maybe? Hopfully we can keep him till the end of the season. Reminds me of when Mc Mahon signed David Preece , and he inspired promotion from the old Div 3 ! EastleazeRed
  • Score: 0

12:32pm Tue 8 Jan 13

Teenage Red says...

madterrier wrote:
grove red wrote:
Can't we just put caddis up for transfer and sell him to another club??? Or is this not possible
Of course it's possible. But we've been putting all of our eggs into one basket, hoping somehow that skint Birmingham would come up with the money from somewhere and buy him.

Time for Mr Spencer to repay some of that half a million he's taken out of the club and get Caddis touted round other clubs PDQ.
No, because the original deal was a season long loan but we were hoping they would upgrade the deal to permanent. So at the moment birmingham have a contract to keep Caddis until the end of the season
[quote][p][bold]madterrier[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]grove red[/bold] wrote: Can't we just put caddis up for transfer and sell him to another club??? Or is this not possible[/p][/quote]Of course it's possible. But we've been putting all of our eggs into one basket, hoping somehow that skint Birmingham would come up with the money from somewhere and buy him. Time for Mr Spencer to repay some of that half a million he's taken out of the club and get Caddis touted round other clubs PDQ.[/p][/quote]No, because the original deal was a season long loan but we were hoping they would upgrade the deal to permanent. So at the moment birmingham have a contract to keep Caddis until the end of the season Teenage Red
  • Score: 0

12:32pm Tue 8 Jan 13

Teenage Red says...

madterrier wrote:
grove red wrote:
Can't we just put caddis up for transfer and sell him to another club??? Or is this not possible
Of course it's possible. But we've been putting all of our eggs into one basket, hoping somehow that skint Birmingham would come up with the money from somewhere and buy him.

Time for Mr Spencer to repay some of that half a million he's taken out of the club and get Caddis touted round other clubs PDQ.
No, because the original deal was a season long loan but we were hoping they would upgrade the deal to permanent. So at the moment birmingham have a contract to keep Caddis until the end of the season
[quote][p][bold]madterrier[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]grove red[/bold] wrote: Can't we just put caddis up for transfer and sell him to another club??? Or is this not possible[/p][/quote]Of course it's possible. But we've been putting all of our eggs into one basket, hoping somehow that skint Birmingham would come up with the money from somewhere and buy him. Time for Mr Spencer to repay some of that half a million he's taken out of the club and get Caddis touted round other clubs PDQ.[/p][/quote]No, because the original deal was a season long loan but we were hoping they would upgrade the deal to permanent. So at the moment birmingham have a contract to keep Caddis until the end of the season Teenage Red
  • Score: 0

12:36pm Tue 8 Jan 13

Wilesy says...

Hoping that Jack Butland gets sold sharpish, they then buy Caddis, we buy Hollands and back comes Bostock.
Hoping that Jack Butland gets sold sharpish, they then buy Caddis, we buy Hollands and back comes Bostock. Wilesy
  • Score: 0

1:00pm Tue 8 Jan 13

Redhouse Red says...

Stfc are currently the best team in Europe according to sky sports
Stfc are currently the best team in Europe according to sky sports Redhouse Red
  • Score: 0

1:03pm Tue 8 Jan 13

Oi Den! says...

Redhouse Red wrote:
Stfc are currently the best team in Europe according to sky sports
Now that's what I call a very loose interpretation!
[quote][p][bold]Redhouse Red[/bold] wrote: Stfc are currently the best team in Europe according to sky sports[/p][/quote]Now that's what I call a very loose interpretation! Oi Den!
  • Score: 0

1:21pm Tue 8 Jan 13

the wizard says...

Wilesy wrote:
Hoping that Jack Butland gets sold sharpish, they then buy Caddis, we buy Hollands and back comes Bostock.
Quite right Wilesy, can you remember Fitton explaining the merry-go-round of Chairman on their phones and it all hinging on one or two deals ? I think that was around the time we wanted to buy Flint.
[quote][p][bold]Wilesy[/bold] wrote: Hoping that Jack Butland gets sold sharpish, they then buy Caddis, we buy Hollands and back comes Bostock.[/p][/quote]Quite right Wilesy, can you remember Fitton explaining the merry-go-round of Chairman on their phones and it all hinging on one or two deals ? I think that was around the time we wanted to buy Flint. the wizard
  • Score: 0

1:54pm Tue 8 Jan 13

davel4848 says...

Are we quite sure that we've signed the correct player ?
The photo above looks a lot like Messi, to me.
That would be an awful mistake to make, as we would be short of players in midfield. I'm fairly sure that we could offload him if we have made a mistake.
Are we quite sure that we've signed the correct player ? The photo above looks a lot like Messi, to me. That would be an awful mistake to make, as we would be short of players in midfield. I'm fairly sure that we could offload him if we have made a mistake. davel4848
  • Score: 0

2:02pm Tue 8 Jan 13

mike1990 says...

Oi Den! wrote:
Redhouse Red wrote:
Stfc are currently the best team in Europe according to sky sports
Now that's what I call a very loose interpretation!
Don't be a kill-joy Oi Den,we're above that little club from Catalan who think their the best football team on the planet,eat your heart out Mourihno and Real Madrid,lol.
[quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Redhouse Red[/bold] wrote: Stfc are currently the best team in Europe according to sky sports[/p][/quote]Now that's what I call a very loose interpretation![/p][/quote]Don't be a kill-joy Oi Den,we're above that little club from Catalan who think their the best football team on the planet,eat your heart out Mourihno and Real Madrid,lol. mike1990
  • Score: 0

2:05pm Tue 8 Jan 13

cornishcrooky says...

I may be a bit wrong, but if Hollands has signed the loan until Feb, we can't then sign him on a permanent as its outside the window when this finishes can we? Are we allowed to extend the loan until the end of the season in February as well?
I may be a bit wrong, but if Hollands has signed the loan until Feb, we can't then sign him on a permanent as its outside the window when this finishes can we? Are we allowed to extend the loan until the end of the season in February as well? cornishcrooky
  • Score: 0

2:10pm Tue 8 Jan 13

the wizard says...

cornishcrooky wrote:
I may be a bit wrong, but if Hollands has signed the loan until Feb, we can't then sign him on a permanent as its outside the window when this finishes can we? Are we allowed to extend the loan until the end of the season in February as well?
I don't know the ins and outs of the rules, but on the hopeful front we may just raise enough money to do a deal on the cheap with a sell on clause in his clubs favour.
[quote][p][bold]cornishcrooky[/bold] wrote: I may be a bit wrong, but if Hollands has signed the loan until Feb, we can't then sign him on a permanent as its outside the window when this finishes can we? Are we allowed to extend the loan until the end of the season in February as well?[/p][/quote]I don't know the ins and outs of the rules, but on the hopeful front we may just raise enough money to do a deal on the cheap with a sell on clause in his clubs favour. the wizard
  • Score: 0

2:12pm Tue 8 Jan 13

Oi Den! says...

mike1990 wrote:
Oi Den! wrote:
Redhouse Red wrote:
Stfc are currently the best team in Europe according to sky sports
Now that's what I call a very loose interpretation!
Don't be a kill-joy Oi Den,we're above that little club from Catalan who think their the best football team on the planet,eat your heart out Mourihno and Real Madrid,lol.
Haha! Yeah mike - and if Queen of the South win at the weekend and we don't, they'll be better than us?!
[quote][p][bold]mike1990[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Redhouse Red[/bold] wrote: Stfc are currently the best team in Europe according to sky sports[/p][/quote]Now that's what I call a very loose interpretation![/p][/quote]Don't be a kill-joy Oi Den,we're above that little club from Catalan who think their the best football team on the planet,eat your heart out Mourihno and Real Madrid,lol.[/p][/quote]Haha! Yeah mike - and if Queen of the South win at the weekend and we don't, they'll be better than us?! Oi Den!
  • Score: 0

2:13pm Tue 8 Jan 13

cornishcrooky says...

the wizard wrote:
cornishcrooky wrote:
I may be a bit wrong, but if Hollands has signed the loan until Feb, we can't then sign him on a permanent as its outside the window when this finishes can we? Are we allowed to extend the loan until the end of the season in February as well?
I don't know the ins and outs of the rules, but on the hopeful front we may just raise enough money to do a deal on the cheap with a sell on clause in his clubs favour.
Don't get me wrong, he's a ideal player for us, and PDC obviously feels he's crucial to our promotion drive! I'd love him to stay!
[quote][p][bold]the wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cornishcrooky[/bold] wrote: I may be a bit wrong, but if Hollands has signed the loan until Feb, we can't then sign him on a permanent as its outside the window when this finishes can we? Are we allowed to extend the loan until the end of the season in February as well?[/p][/quote]I don't know the ins and outs of the rules, but on the hopeful front we may just raise enough money to do a deal on the cheap with a sell on clause in his clubs favour.[/p][/quote]Don't get me wrong, he's a ideal player for us, and PDC obviously feels he's crucial to our promotion drive! I'd love him to stay! cornishcrooky
  • Score: 0

2:42pm Tue 8 Jan 13

Piston_Broke says...

As a Cherries fan who has witnessed many great performances from Danny Hollands in the Red & Black of AFCB, may I just take this opportunity to say B0LL0Cks!
It promises to be a great game on Saturday, both sets of strikers scoring plenty, and both defences virtually water-tight. Obviously, I don't want our run to end, but it will end sometime, and I'm expecting our toughest test yet of the second coming of the Messiah this weekend. Danny H (unfortunately) might just be the difference, as he knows how Eddie operates.
Those of you visiting, enjoy the day, win, lose or draw!
As a Cherries fan who has witnessed many great performances from Danny Hollands in the Red & Black of AFCB, may I just take this opportunity to say B0LL0Cks! It promises to be a great game on Saturday, both sets of strikers scoring plenty, and both defences virtually water-tight. Obviously, I don't want our run to end, but it will end sometime, and I'm expecting our toughest test yet of the second coming of the Messiah this weekend. Danny H (unfortunately) might just be the difference, as he knows how Eddie operates. Those of you visiting, enjoy the day, win, lose or draw! Piston_Broke
  • Score: 0

2:50pm Tue 8 Jan 13

cornishcrooky says...

Piston_Broke wrote:
As a Cherries fan who has witnessed many great performances from Danny Hollands in the Red & Black of AFCB, may I just take this opportunity to say B0LL0Cks!
It promises to be a great game on Saturday, both sets of strikers scoring plenty, and both defences virtually water-tight. Obviously, I don't want our run to end, but it will end sometime, and I'm expecting our toughest test yet of the second coming of the Messiah this weekend. Danny H (unfortunately) might just be the difference, as he knows how Eddie operates.
Those of you visiting, enjoy the day, win, lose or draw!
Nice to hear a true football fan for once!!
I agree, should be a good game between two good footballing sides, however, you can bet BBC1 will only show about 2 minutes of the game!!
Would love to say good luck for Saturday, but you'll understand if I don't!!
[quote][p][bold]Piston_Broke[/bold] wrote: As a Cherries fan who has witnessed many great performances from Danny Hollands in the Red & Black of AFCB, may I just take this opportunity to say B0LL0Cks! It promises to be a great game on Saturday, both sets of strikers scoring plenty, and both defences virtually water-tight. Obviously, I don't want our run to end, but it will end sometime, and I'm expecting our toughest test yet of the second coming of the Messiah this weekend. Danny H (unfortunately) might just be the difference, as he knows how Eddie operates. Those of you visiting, enjoy the day, win, lose or draw![/p][/quote]Nice to hear a true football fan for once!! I agree, should be a good game between two good footballing sides, however, you can bet BBC1 will only show about 2 minutes of the game!! Would love to say good luck for Saturday, but you'll understand if I don't!! cornishcrooky
  • Score: 0

2:57pm Tue 8 Jan 13

Redhouse Red says...

Oi Den! wrote:
mike1990 wrote:
Oi Den! wrote:
Redhouse Red wrote:
Stfc are currently the best team in Europe according to sky sports
Now that's what I call a very loose interpretation!
Don't be a kill-joy Oi Den,we're above that little club from Catalan who think their the best football team on the planet,eat your heart out Mourihno and Real Madrid,lol.
Haha! Yeah mike - and if Queen of the South win at the weekend and we don't, they'll be better than us?!
Only a bit of fun gents.

And after years of mediocrity ill revel in it thanks
[quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mike1990[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Redhouse Red[/bold] wrote: Stfc are currently the best team in Europe according to sky sports[/p][/quote]Now that's what I call a very loose interpretation![/p][/quote]Don't be a kill-joy Oi Den,we're above that little club from Catalan who think their the best football team on the planet,eat your heart out Mourihno and Real Madrid,lol.[/p][/quote]Haha! Yeah mike - and if Queen of the South win at the weekend and we don't, they'll be better than us?![/p][/quote]Only a bit of fun gents. And after years of mediocrity ill revel in it thanks Redhouse Red
  • Score: 0

4:42pm Tue 8 Jan 13

the wizard says...

cornishcrooky wrote:
the wizard wrote:
cornishcrooky wrote:
I may be a bit wrong, but if Hollands has signed the loan until Feb, we can't then sign him on a permanent as its outside the window when this finishes can we? Are we allowed to extend the loan until the end of the season in February as well?
I don't know the ins and outs of the rules, but on the hopeful front we may just raise enough money to do a deal on the cheap with a sell on clause in his clubs favour.
Don't get me wrong, he's a ideal player for us, and PDC obviously feels he's crucial to our promotion drive! I'd love him to stay!
I would love him to stay as well, no problem there, I'm just saying as we are a bit cash strapped, lets hope we can get him for "not a lot", and when it comes to him going , as they all do sooner or later, we may have to sacrifice a bit on the price then as opposed to not having him now. Lets hope we can make sure he stays.
[quote][p][bold]cornishcrooky[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cornishcrooky[/bold] wrote: I may be a bit wrong, but if Hollands has signed the loan until Feb, we can't then sign him on a permanent as its outside the window when this finishes can we? Are we allowed to extend the loan until the end of the season in February as well?[/p][/quote]I don't know the ins and outs of the rules, but on the hopeful front we may just raise enough money to do a deal on the cheap with a sell on clause in his clubs favour.[/p][/quote]Don't get me wrong, he's a ideal player for us, and PDC obviously feels he's crucial to our promotion drive! I'd love him to stay![/p][/quote]I would love him to stay as well, no problem there, I'm just saying as we are a bit cash strapped, lets hope we can get him for "not a lot", and when it comes to him going , as they all do sooner or later, we may have to sacrifice a bit on the price then as opposed to not having him now. Lets hope we can make sure he stays. the wizard
  • Score: 0

5:30pm Tue 8 Jan 13

mikek says...

the wizard wrote:
cornishcrooky wrote:
the wizard wrote:
cornishcrooky wrote:
I may be a bit wrong, but if Hollands has signed the loan until Feb, we can't then sign him on a permanent as its outside the window when this finishes can we? Are we allowed to extend the loan until the end of the season in February as well?
I don't know the ins and outs of the rules, but on the hopeful front we may just raise enough money to do a deal on the cheap with a sell on clause in his clubs favour.
Don't get me wrong, he's a ideal player for us, and PDC obviously feels he's crucial to our promotion drive! I'd love him to stay!
I would love him to stay as well, no problem there, I'm just saying as we are a bit cash strapped, lets hope we can get him for "not a lot", and when it comes to him going , as they all do sooner or later, we may have to sacrifice a bit on the price then as opposed to not having him now. Lets hope we can make sure he stays.
As I understand it we can alter the deal anytime during this window which means we can extend Hollands and Martin to the end of the season.
[quote][p][bold]the wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cornishcrooky[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]the wizard[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]cornishcrooky[/bold] wrote: I may be a bit wrong, but if Hollands has signed the loan until Feb, we can't then sign him on a permanent as its outside the window when this finishes can we? Are we allowed to extend the loan until the end of the season in February as well?[/p][/quote]I don't know the ins and outs of the rules, but on the hopeful front we may just raise enough money to do a deal on the cheap with a sell on clause in his clubs favour.[/p][/quote]Don't get me wrong, he's a ideal player for us, and PDC obviously feels he's crucial to our promotion drive! I'd love him to stay![/p][/quote]I would love him to stay as well, no problem there, I'm just saying as we are a bit cash strapped, lets hope we can get him for "not a lot", and when it comes to him going , as they all do sooner or later, we may have to sacrifice a bit on the price then as opposed to not having him now. Lets hope we can make sure he stays.[/p][/quote]As I understand it we can alter the deal anytime during this window which means we can extend Hollands and Martin to the end of the season. mikek
  • Score: 0

5:36pm Tue 8 Jan 13

Steve. Brentford says...

Redhouse Red wrote:
Oi Den! wrote:
mike1990 wrote:
Oi Den! wrote:
Redhouse Red wrote:
Stfc are currently the best team in Europe according to sky sports
Now that's what I call a very loose interpretation!
Don't be a kill-joy Oi Den,we're above that little club from Catalan who think their the best football team on the planet,eat your heart out Mourihno and Real Madrid,lol.
Haha! Yeah mike - and if Queen of the South win at the weekend and we don't, they'll be better than us?!
Only a bit of fun gents.

And after years of mediocrity ill revel in it thanks
Nothing new here,ive always believed we are the best team in europe ;O)

Queen of the South ? MMM why is my (lovely) neighbour been named in a football list,not sure shims ever done anything to warrant that.
[quote][p][bold]Redhouse Red[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]mike1990[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Oi Den![/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Redhouse Red[/bold] wrote: Stfc are currently the best team in Europe according to sky sports[/p][/quote]Now that's what I call a very loose interpretation![/p][/quote]Don't be a kill-joy Oi Den,we're above that little club from Catalan who think their the best football team on the planet,eat your heart out Mourihno and Real Madrid,lol.[/p][/quote]Haha! Yeah mike - and if Queen of the South win at the weekend and we don't, they'll be better than us?![/p][/quote]Only a bit of fun gents. And after years of mediocrity ill revel in it thanks[/p][/quote]Nothing new here,ive always believed we are the best team in europe ;O) Queen of the South ? MMM why is my (lovely) neighbour been named in a football list,not sure shims ever done anything to warrant that. Steve. Brentford
  • Score: 0

7:02pm Tue 8 Jan 13

old town robin says...

cornishcrooky wrote:
I may be a bit wrong, but if Hollands has signed the loan until Feb, we can't then sign him on a permanent as its outside the window when this finishes can we? Are we allowed to extend the loan until the end of the season in February as well?
Yes, we can extend further as long as it the whole point of only extending for 28 days is to structure the finances. i.e. lowering the wage cap by moving players out, possible sale of players, possible additional equity.

None of this can be finalised until closer to the deadline. The 28 day extension stops other clubs gazumping us with better offers for our loanees and gives us the breathing space to raise the necessary funds to keep the players until thev end of the season..
[quote][p][bold]cornishcrooky[/bold] wrote: I may be a bit wrong, but if Hollands has signed the loan until Feb, we can't then sign him on a permanent as its outside the window when this finishes can we? Are we allowed to extend the loan until the end of the season in February as well?[/p][/quote]Yes, we can extend further as long as it the whole point of only extending for 28 days is to structure the finances. i.e. lowering the wage cap by moving players out, possible sale of players, possible additional equity. None of this can be finalised until closer to the deadline. The 28 day extension stops other clubs gazumping us with better offers for our loanees and gives us the breathing space to raise the necessary funds to keep the players until thev end of the season.. old town robin
  • Score: 0

7:20pm Tue 8 Jan 13

swwindon61uk says...

Piston_Broke wrote:
As a Cherries fan who has witnessed many great performances from Danny Hollands in the Red & Black of AFCB, may I just take this opportunity to say B0LL0Cks!
It promises to be a great game on Saturday, both sets of strikers scoring plenty, and both defences virtually water-tight. Obviously, I don't want our run to end, but it will end sometime, and I'm expecting our toughest test yet of the second coming of the Messiah this weekend. Danny H (unfortunately) might just be the difference, as he knows how Eddie operates.
Those of you visiting, enjoy the day, win, lose or draw!
Cheers Piston, i will down there on Friday and defiantly going to the The Goat & Tricycle.
Win draw or lose indeed,nobody can predict the result of this one with any great confidence.
[quote][p][bold]Piston_Broke[/bold] wrote: As a Cherries fan who has witnessed many great performances from Danny Hollands in the Red & Black of AFCB, may I just take this opportunity to say B0LL0Cks! It promises to be a great game on Saturday, both sets of strikers scoring plenty, and both defences virtually water-tight. Obviously, I don't want our run to end, but it will end sometime, and I'm expecting our toughest test yet of the second coming of the Messiah this weekend. Danny H (unfortunately) might just be the difference, as he knows how Eddie operates. Those of you visiting, enjoy the day, win, lose or draw![/p][/quote]Cheers Piston, i will down there on Friday and defiantly going to the The Goat & Tricycle. Win draw or lose indeed,nobody can predict the result of this one with any great confidence. swwindon61uk
  • Score: 0

9:18pm Tue 8 Jan 13

London Red says...

You can only do long term loans inside the window - thus the push for Bostock and Ward in August
.
We can renew at any stage so can do a season long loan deal or sign him on a perm anytime in Jan
You can only do long term loans inside the window - thus the push for Bostock and Ward in August . We can renew at any stage so can do a season long loan deal or sign him on a perm anytime in Jan London Red
  • Score: 0

9:25pm Tue 8 Jan 13

London Red says...

Troy has had his surgery and is only out for 8 weeks
.
Injury is similar to that of McEveley and apparently common in football
Troy has had his surgery and is only out for 8 weeks . Injury is similar to that of McEveley and apparently common in football London Red
  • Score: 0

10:27pm Tue 8 Jan 13

LeGod says...

Excellent getting Hollands signed up.

Off Topic nice to see Barry Corr scored two goals for Southend to knock the scum out of the JPT.

happy days

Thankyou Mr Black for letting Paolo sign these players this week.
Excellent getting Hollands signed up. Off Topic nice to see Barry Corr scored two goals for Southend to knock the scum out of the JPT. happy days Thankyou Mr Black for letting Paolo sign these players this week. LeGod
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree