A MAN who repeatedly ferried drugs to Wiltshire from Bristol has been jailed for three years and nine months.

Steven Hollands was first caught at Chippenham train station as he brought a consignment back last summer.

And a month later he was stopped in a car in Royal Wootton Basset with more drugs which he was going to supply.

Colin Meeke, prosecuting, told Swindon Crown Court how he got off a train from Bristol at 5pm on Friday August 5.

He said officers believed he was running drugs and in his pocket they found a number of packages as well as a mobile phone.

The heroin was in three packages each of just under three-and-a-half grams, which could have made more than 100 deals, worth a total of about up to £1,200.

Mr Meeke said there was one package of about one-and-a-half grams of crack with about £150 and a smaller one with just one deal.

When his phone was examined he said that while it only had a few messages relating to drugs on it, the police were interested in where it had been.

Between July 1 and August 5 last year he said it travelled between Chippenham and Bristol almost daily, and sometimes twice a day.

When he was questioned about what was found on him Hollands said he had gone to the city to buy drugs 'on spec' once a month and bought in bulk.

He was released on bail while analysis was carried out and shortly after, on Sunday September 11, he was arrested again.

Police had information that he again had drugs and stopped a car as it was travelling in Royal Wootton Bassett.

The doors of the vehicle remained locked and, fearing it may pull away again, police smashed a window to get in.

The defendant, who was in the front passenger seat, had and three-and-a-half grams of heroin, worth about £340 in £10 deals, and one of crack.

Hollands, of Daisy Brook, Royal Wootton Bassett, pleaded not guilty to four counts of possessing hard drugs with intent to supply.

But before a jury could be sworn in for a trial he pleaded guilty to three counts and one of simple possession.

Cathy Thornton, defending, said that her client had led a law abiding life until his mother died when he was 21.

After turning to drug use she said he got into debt and became a courier for his dealer making trips to Bristol.

Since his arrest she said tackled his addiction and is now routinely urine tested and also worked as a volunteer at the British Heart Foundation shop.

Jailing him Recorder Jason Taylor said "You are 35 years of age, you fall to be sentenced today for three counts of possession with intent to supply of class A drugs.

"It has to be a significant aggravating feature that you committed an identical offence while on police bail."