A number of fundraising events to help our Give Us A Chance appeal are planned for the coming weeks.
These include a bingo night at the Wyvern Club, in Devizes, on Sunday with eyes down from 8pm.
Entry is free and bingo books can be bought on the night.
The club has made Devizes Opportunity Centre its charity for the year and it will also be holding a table top sale at lunchtime on April 27. To book a stall and to find out more, ring (01380) 724544.
On April 13 accountant Andy Coombes will be running the London Marathon to raise money for the cause. So far he has got £489 of pledges on his Virgin Money Giving page.
To push the total up go to virginmoneygiving.com/ AndrewCoombesLondon2014 The opportunity centre is also selling handmade greetings cards and gift tags donated by Kate May to raise money. Pop in to the centre to buy yours.
How you can help the Gazette appeal
Organise anything from a cake stall to getting your friends to sponsor you for some weird and wacky trial, such as sitting in a bath of beans.
Or go down the tried and trusted route of raising money by running a half-marathon, cycling 50 miles or swimming lengths of your local baths.
Something to also help your own health and fitness might be to give up smoking or chocolate for a month, or cycling to work and giving the money saved on your petrol bill.
We also need businesses and organisations to take Devizes Opportunity Centre to their heart and to make direct donations.
Whatever you decide, let us know so we can promote your event. Email your event details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The centre caters for children from birth to five years
- Its catchment area is Devizes, Marlborough, Pewsey, Tidworth and Melksham
- Referrals can be made by paediatricians, GPs, health visitors, social workers, early years practitioners, medical therapists and parents, by phone or via Common Assessment Framework/Team Around the Child
- Each referral is assessed on merit, taking into account the children and their parents’ needs and resources available
- The centre has two playrooms, a multi sensory stimulation room, a soft play room, speech and language and IT room, a consulting/meeting room, changing room, hoist and outdoor play
- Contact the centre on (01380) 726077 or go to devizesopportunity.com